• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here comes the new challengers: Flash vs Sonya

fernoca

X360 (an Xbox 360 magazine from UK) has an article along with new pics and info of the upcoming: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

The magazine introduces 2 new characters: Sonya Blade (from Mortal Kombat) and The Flash (from DC). Flash looking like like the classic Flash we all know (no details on who is behind the mask), Sonya looking to be a mix between her MK4/Deadly Alliance looks (beret, long hair/ponytail, white/short shirt, black pants/gloves).

The new pics in the magazine also reveal some details:
-Small traces of blood (for the ones still worried about "no blood")
-Breakable aspects in the characters costumes (Scorpion's mask being broke by a punch in the face by Superman, revealing the skull under it)
-Superman using his eyes-lasers.
-Flash doing a "spin dash" (ala Kabal)
-Scorpion using Teleport Punch

Among other things...
Scans are not allowed, neither links..so no pics here..hehehe..

Also, the unofficial list of confirmed characters seems o be:

DC Universe
Batman
Superman
Robin (Tim Drake)
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Black Canary
Hawkman
Powergirl

Mortal Kombat
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kabal
Sonya
Jax
Raiden
Kitana

There seems to be at least 20 characters in all, and the contracts seems to be for 2 games..so who knows..
There also plans for downloadable content as in more characters and stages..

There seems to be a collector's edition in the works (as Midway was polling a few weeks ago about what would you like to see on it: a comic, artbook, etc) and there also seems to be a comic in the works; acordding to The Realm of Mortal Kombat website (which were one of the firsts to break the whole MK vs DC rumor, along with the GAF poster):
TRMK.org said:
They discussed in the early stages that the MK Universe could be one of the 52 Earths that make up the DCU, but for legal reasons with Midway/DC/WB, etc, and other "complicated boring issues, not having anything to do with the game," this WILL NOT be the case. The way the 2 universes meet is finalized, but will only be revealed in Issue 1 of the comic. And plays out to a much better story anyway.

The tie-in story is pretty much completed. There are still a few tweaks to be made, since a few game endings for different characters are a major story point in the comics. And each character's endings are being written by the DC team, with a ton of input from Midway.

Said the comic will have a huge TWIST that no fan, DC or MK, saw coming.

MisterHero

Goddammit

where the hell is Liu Kang

hey look its the Batcave

MKvsDCU_Batcave.jpg

MisterHero said:
Goddammit

where the hell is Liu Kang

hey look its the Batcave

http://worldscollide.com/images/MKvsDCU_Batcave.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT! HYPE +1 :D

Oh and add Joker to the character list (as previously semi-confirmed by the leaked memo).

GCQuinton

If they had the T-Rex in the Batcave, that'd have made for a great finisher/fatality :lol

Nice roster on both sides though.

AMUSIX

a Master Ninja said:
I was more of a Marvel kid growing up, but it wasn't until this topic that I've heard of Black Canary or Powergirl.
DC doesn't have many great female characters, but those two stand as some of the best in all of comicdom. Their inclusion has made this a must-buy for me, no matter how crappy it is.

MisterHero

AMUSIX said:
DC doesn't have many great female characters, but those two stand as some of the best in all of comicdom. Their inclusion has made this a must-buy for me, no matter how crappy it is.
bouncy.gif

especially for Power Girl, mirite?

that's okay, I bet a lot of us feels that way
:lol

Xabora said:
Wow... thats one fancy way to Watch the weather.
:lol

Router said:
The real question is "Where the hell is AQUAMAN?"
Aquaman doesn't get to play because he's underwater and Mortal Kombat characters can't swim. =(

Also I think he's dead right now.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Black Adam turned down the invitation, when he found out he wasn't allowed to punch off heads and shit down throats.

PG MK ftl

Top Bottom