• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here is a GIF celebrating Samus and Ridley (no 56K)

I'm not sure if this is threadworthy or not, so apologies if you think its not.

In the "Highlander 2" treatment thread, the repeated mention of a particular game inspired me to reinstall my GIF software for the first time in ages. I made this, and I hope some Metroid fans enjoy it.

IT HAS METROID SPOILERS.

samusvsridleyma.gif

Haha. Although, shouldn't have Ridley also gotten a point for escaping from Samus with the baby metroid? If not a win for Ridley, it's definitely not a win for Samus.

/nerd

Salsa

that's actually one of the few parts i liked about Other M's cutscenes and such

i thought it was an interesting take.

come at me

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wonderful gif for Metroid. Good work. The ending was masterfully handled. :lol

With that said, where is my 25th Anniversary celebration for Metroid, Nintendo?

LakeEarth

Yeah, that's what the GIF is trying to say. After kicking his ass half a dozen times, NOW you're gonna panic at the sight of him?

Salsa

LakeEarth said:
Yeah, that's what the GIF is trying to say. After kicking his ass half a dozen times, NOW you're gonna panic at the sight of him?

here's the thing, due to the system's capaibilities we dont know what samus was "feeling" in the previous games, we just filled in the gaps with our imagination (the way Metroid SHOULD be handled anyway, as we all learned). Given the timeline he hadnt fought him that much yet, so maybe she was always scared of him.

Alright, that was pretty dang funny.

And now to get out of here before this devolves into yet another Other M "discussion".

Edit: Heh, nice timing.

Akai

SalsaShark said:
here's the thing, due to the system's capaibilities we dont know what samus was "feeling" in the previous games, we just filled in the gaps with our imagination (the way Metroid SHOULD be handled anyway, as we all learned). Given the timeline he hadnt fought him that much yet, so maybe she was always scared of him.

I think it's quite normal to be afraid of something that ate your parents right in front of you and keeps coming back to life every time you kill it...

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Is there an canon reason why the big pterodactyl keeps coming back? wiki says pirates clone him but what's the point?

I assume it has to do with his innate ability as a fearsome leader that can lead the Space Pirates...

kliklik

Banned
SalsaShark said:

Ya, we should at least be grateful they didn't have her get up on a chair and squeal until a man came and killed it for her.

I can hear the bawwwwwww from here.

IIRC, Sakamoto saw the Prime games as a side-quest, a semi-non-canon series as it were. Yeah, the game probably should have been before Super Metroid to make more sense, but it is still somewhat realistic from a PTSD reaction.

Though it would have been good to TELL non-Japanese gamers about the whole incident regarding Ridley, so they people actually understood why she was freaking out to begin with :/

But you can thank the reaction to this game as the reason we won't see another Metroid for 3+ years.

SalsaShark said:

She already had a meltdown in the manga.

BeM0t.jpg

The fact she has another dozen of years later is even more dumber.

PounchEnvy said:
The game had a solid combat system. They just need to build a better Metroid around it. I had way more fun dealing with enemies in Other M than I ever did in the Prime games.

"Spam direction, dodge, auto charge, shoot, repeat" isn't a good combat system imo. It looks slick as hell but the player isn't really doing anything.

Alrus

But she still destroys Ridley and it was one of the best boss fight of the game.

And do we really need yet another Other M hate thread?

Top Bottom