• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here is an hour of gameplay footage from the Resident Evil-inspired horror game, DAYMARE 1998

CyberPanda

Banned
YouTube’s ‘Punish’ has shared a video, showing an hour of gameplay footage from its upcoming horror game, that is heavily inspired by the Resident Evil series, DAYMARE 1998. Daymare: 1998 is based on the cancelled Resident Evil 2 Reborn project, is built on the Unreal Engine 4, and will have the legendary Director of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and planner on the original 1996 Resident Evil, Kazuhiro Aoyama, as its Producer Associate.

DAYMARE: 1998 is a third-person survival horror with hardcore survival mechanics and hard to kill enemies. It requires a strategical approach to combat and puzzles and offers a multi-character point of view on the story, revealing a deep and obscure lore.

In this new horror game, players are expected to survive to this waking nightmare that has its roots in a nostalgic mood. The game’s narration is full of direct references to the pop culture of the 90’s and the modern gameplay mechanics aim to fit perfectly with the old school survival horror atmosphere.

Daymare: 1998 also boasts the contribution of Capcom’s former game artist Satoshi Nakai (Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Code Veronica) who is currently working on the design of the deadly creatures that will haunt the game.

We strongly suggest watching this video as it will give you an idea of what this third-person horror game is all about (obviously, and since it’s one hour long, this video may contain some spoilers so you’ve been warned).

DAYMARE: 1998 will be available for the PC this Summer.

Verdanth

Daymare as in the opposing word to nightmare? Shit lol. Talk about lack of creativity for that name.

Also this looks too much like a RE2 Remake reskin, while not being bad, its not necessarily good either.

Last edited:

Kazza

This looks pretty decent, although I'd wait for reviews before buying. There aren't hat many survival horror type games around, and the next RE game could be a while away. This could fill the gap.

pawel86ck

Banned
There's big potential here, but game looks still unpolished, especially character models and shoting mechanics.

Cravis

Got notified by Steam that this released today. Anyone try it yet?

There is a demo so I am going to have to check that out sometime this week.

Kronos9x

Got notified by Steam that this released today. Anyone try it yet?

There is a demo so I am going to have to check that out sometime this week.

Tried the demo, liked it. The controls are not very good though. Good atmosphere, in parts even surpassing the RE2 remake. It's more consistant. Unlike RE2 where the best parts were the police station and a few locations here and there.

But the controls are not very casual friendly and the fact this will be released after the Remake means that they can't benefit from the hype. Other than that, i think it's a good 7/10 indy game.

Cravis

Tried the demo, liked it. The controls are not very good though. Good atmosphere, in parts even surpassing the RE2 remake. It's more consistant. Unlike RE2 where the best parts were the police station and a few locations here and there.

But the controls are not very casual friendly and the fact this will be released after the Remake means that they can't benefit from the hype. Other than that, i think it's a good 7/10 indy game.
Awesome. I can’t wait to try it out.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
I don't get the negativity about this title. Played a large chunk of the demo...although it's a bit clumsy in certain areas, it's really great, atmospheric, has a nice modern control scheme for this kind of game. It has it's own original mechanics that I'm still learning to get the hang of, but also has it's roots in Resident Evil. Think Resident Evil 2 2019, but original characters, story, setting, etc. And it's at a good price too, for $30 instead of $60, you can't go wrong with it.

Cravis

Played a good bit of the demo. My PC runs it ok but in order to do so I have to make the game look like dog shit. I can safely say that I enjoyed what I played and am eagerly awaiting the console versions.

Cravis

I’m looking forward to the console release since my PC can’t run it without making it look like crap.

Wonder when the US release is?

Inuteu

I really dont know if this game is cheesy intentionality or not

like deadly premonition

some time feels like you´re really playng a 1998 game :messenger_grinning_smiling:

the graphics are great though

I played a bit of the demo before release and didn;t think too much of it, but will probably give it a bash when there is a price drop. It didn't feel bad, but i just don't think i was in the right mind frame for it at the time.

Top Bottom