• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Is What Japanese Gamers Think About Tifa's Final Fantasy VII Remake Design.

I noticed that on western websites gamers either love it or really hate it, i also saw a lot complaining about the Censorship since she now has a black undershirt and her legs are covered, some people also complained about her boobs getting smaller, so the reactions are all over the place but what about Japanese gamers?

I went to 2ch since there you will find their true feelings on the matter without the influence of mods or shaming from other members since they are all anonymous,
keep in mind that their posts are google translated but you will understand what they mean and you will be surprised by some hilarious posts :messenger_tears_of_joy:

3d3EbCY.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
But 4chan IS a true representative of western gamers, remove the mods from this forum and you will see it turning into another 4chan.

Then why are you here?

You post the news

People reaction are going to be one of these

1. they care about what these japanese people think

2. they dont care about what these japanese people think

And im the second one

Her design doesnt bother me to not play the game

Last edited:

Shifty

But 4chan IS a true representative of western gamers, remove the mods from this forum and you will see it turning into another 4chan.
No-filter madness coming to the fore in an unmoderated environment? YOU DON'T SAY 🤔

That doesn't however mean that everyone suddenly becomes the bloke from the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. There are posters who wouldn't engage with or be represented by that kind of environment, ergo your assertion that 4chan == gamer culture is nonsense.

And why should we care about what those people think?

Those are not our concerned
Speak for yourself. Why pray tell should your fellow gaffers care about what you think?

That attitude cuts both ways.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
No-filter madness coming to the fore in an unmoderated environment? YOU DON'T SAY 🤔

That doesn't however mean that everyone suddenly becomes the bloke from the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. There are posters who wouldn't engage with or be represented by that kind of environment, ergo your assertion that 4chan == gamer culture is nonsense.

Speak for yourself. Why pray tell should care about what you think?

That attitude cuts both ways.

I never ask you to care about what i think

Just cut these useless debate already

its getting anoying

Posters above me(Pagusas) share the same opinion

Why not ask him the same question?

Last edited:

checkcola

The actual deal becomes, why should anyone care what anyone else thinks?

When people say original Tifa, what are the pointing to? The anime art, the FMV, the battle scenes, the in-game character during story moments? I think with Final Fantasy 7, people have an idea how any one of this characters should look because graphical abilities at that time was ruff and presentation was different at points in the game, so of course there's not going to be consensus concerning the remake.

I would have been the first to nag if her design were to be fucked up and SJW'd, but she looks acceptable to me. Looked cuter in Advent Children though.

Shifty

I never ask you to care about what i think

Just cut these useless debate already

its getting anoying

Posters above me(Pagusas) share the same opinion

Why not ask him the same question?
Because Pagusas Pagusas actually bothered to opine about the Tifa model and thus add something to the conversation past "I don't care".

And I'll cut out my 'annoying' 'useless debate' callouts when you cut out your 'annoying' 'useless' shitposting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Did they see Black Widow? I'm more than happy with Tifa. lmao

Lmao! Seriously, even if you have issues with Tifa’s final look, just take a look at Avengers and see how bad it could have been. They have the best artist in the company working of FFVII.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Because Pagusas Pagusas actually bothered to opine about the Tifa model and thus add something to the conversation past "I don't care".

And I'll cut out my 'annoying' 'useless debate' callouts when you cut out your 'annoying' 'useless' shitposting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good, Im happy we can come with a good understanding and respect each other

mortal

Gold Member
Whatever, I think she looks solid. It's funny what 22 years worth of hentai and sexy fan art does to people's perceptions.

I love the pleated leather skirt look and her new gauntlets looks sick. The thigh highs I'm indifferent towards. It's a different sort of sexy, I suppose.

"You can see why FF15 failed"

Except it didn't? I don't like XV at all but it was objectively a success.

What dumbasses lol

Yep. it was a huge success to the point of forcing Square Enix to cancel all the future DLCs and fire the director of the game at the same time.

lol come on dude.

I don’t think SE/Nomura caved to the SJWs. The remake Tifa is mostly faithful. Plus, someone in another thread showed a post from Era complaining about her design, so I think SE did something right 😛

Tumle

I played FF7 back when I was a teenager.. and I don’t remember any sexual undertones that the new model is missing.. she was a mother or something to that extent if I remember right..so her looking 30’ish isn’t that wrong..

and remember I was a teenager, I could masturbate to almost anything..

Top Bottom