• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's what PS4 game cases look like in real life

Just went to my Gamestop to see that they were setting up the X1 and PS4 displays, along with the game boxes. The X1 game boxes are placeholder black ones, while the PS4 ones are the clear blue ones.

They're thinner and less wide than PS3 case, but are taller. They're pretty similar to Blu ray movie cases, only a tad bit thicker. They feel nice and sturdy, I didn't open them however, so I can't say for certain if they have part of the plastic removed to be more eco-friendly.

PLufHlw.jpg

TtjSeUw.jpg

pgXkdCb.jpg
And the console boxes (these are promotional, but are very similar to retail ones)

Milennia

The xbox one box is pretty small in person, like the xbox 360 launch boxes.

The ps4 box in person is friggin huge lol like the ps3 launch box.

The ps4 cases look nice, dat blue.
I really like how the xbox one cases have the console name right on the box though, nice touch.

The_Monk

I like it. It have somehow a clean, minimalist style. Can't wait to see some Pick-up posts and also some inspiration on the "Post your Gaming Setup" thread with those nice and simple rooms.

Jhriad

Are the game cases solid like the PS3 cases or do they feel flimsy like they have portions cut out of the middle on each side?

Basically am I going to open up my first game and see this.
d920ef09-0714-424b-8669-779bac65a6a4.jpg

Carl

But what do they smell like? Always take a good deep whiff of a game case (and manual) when i first open it

Seems the spines are really slim like most US Bluray cases / PSVita boxes.

This is a good thing DVD size cases take too much space up.

EvB

Have they returned them to DVD size to stop then looking like Blu rays? Looks like a big vita box

FINALBOSS

Banned
I love it. So glad they got rid of the top bar that just had the stupid Blu-Ray logo on it. I also enjoy the Xbone boxes too with that embossed XBOX ONE and the circle logo.

Top Bottom