• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's your first look at Thor 3: Ragnarok from EW (post #208 for GOLDBLUM GREATNESS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the new cover this week

ew1457-58cvr_promo2.jpg

When Hela is accidentally unleashed from her prison, she is not psyched. ”She's been locked away for millennia getting more and more cross, and then, with a mistake, she gets unleashed and she ain't getting back in that box," says Blanchett, who worked with legendary stuntwoman Zoë Bell (Grindhouse) and learned the Brazilian martial art capoeira to prep for the role. Her attack on Thor sends him to Sakaar where he is forced to become a gladiator and realizes he's no longer super special. ”[Sakaar is] basically where every wormhole across the universe dumps out its trash, so you get people from all walks of life with all sorts of incredible abilities and powers," Hemsworth explains. ”No one cares what prince or king Thor may have been in another world. Also, his strength is pretty easily matched with those he finds himself amongst." Case in point: Sakaar's most successful (and popular) fighter is The Hulk.

EW cover looks a little silly as always, but I think Thor's new armor looks pretty rad. In the footage I saw at SDCC last year, I thought I also saw him having warpaint on his face in addition to the short hair.

Penguin

Not a fan of the cover, and Thor with short hair and armor just kind of looks like movies' generic Roman soldier looks.

But we'll see

Eggbok

I'm thinking to my self "Wait, that's Cate Blanchett?" and then I read the little sticky beside it lol!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks good, I like the color but man those EW covers try their hardest to make the stars and movie look as bad as possible. Is the lady on the left supposed to look like she has a black eye?

Qasiel

Her attack on Thor sends him to Sakaar where he is forced to become a gladiator and realizes he’s no longer super special.

So that's probably why he looks like Russell Crowe...

Prompto

Banned
So I'm guessing that Doctor Strange post credits scene takes place early on in the film since Thor has long hair still in it.

Cate Blanchett AND Tessa Thompson in the same movie, oh lawd

Cate Blanchett doing her own fight stunts as taught by Zoe Bell.

Just novelty factor alone, seeing that in the trailers is going to freak people the fuck out.

Like, "Keanu Reeves and Larry Fishburne are really fucking DOING THAT" type freaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom