• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst - PlayStation GAAS releasing day-one on PC, SP games at least one year after console release

Draugoth

Gold Member
FeO6zEtXwAIZnRb

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, spot on business-wise. The GAAS stuff doesn't interest me but the year+ delay on single player titles is enough for me to keep that PS5.

Edit for people waving laugh emojis around, it's not that I like it. I'd love stuff on PC day one so I can sell the PS5. It's that I live in reality and this is smart as fuck.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Also Herman Hurst.
PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?

But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

And a year before that:
"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware."

What a bald face liar lmao.

This is an interesting thread to read. So many people in denial.

Last edited:
This is a big thing for the playerbase of those games. Crossplay and save for both platforms will be the smart move moving forward.

//DEVIL//

So if you are in rush to play first party games but inferior version for scamming 70$ US/ 90 CAD, buy a ps5.

If you wait a year ( for now, soon it will be less ) you will get:

- A better version of those single player games
- They will work on whatever pc u own 30 years from now
-Not to worrying about console backward compatibility and devs not updating their game or Sony trying to be scum as they are now and charge you 70$ For that 60 frames toggle..
-You get it cheaper day one on pc from many third party sellers.

….

Does anyone wants to buy my ps5 ?

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We’ll look at that. Day one PC games. Just as many of us suspected. And Sont has over 10 GAAS games in development, so right there that’s 10+ day one PC games.

And a minimum one year head start for SP looks like a shrinking gap. It’s currently minimum two years. That gap will shrink. It’ll get to a point it’ll be six months and then day one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We’ll look at that. Day one PC games. Just as many of us suspected. And Sont has over 10 GAAS games in development, so right there that’s 10+ day one PC games.

And a minimum one year head start for SP looks like a shrinking gap. It’s currently minimum two years. That gap will shrink. It’ll get to a point it’ll be six months and then day one.
Everyone was in agreement GaaS was going to be day and date. Who argued otherwise?

Also Herman Hurst.

And a year before that:

What a bald face liar lmao.

This is an interesting thread to read. So many people in denial.

[/URL]
He mentioned Days Gone specifically released 2 years after the PS4 release. When did he say games wouldn't be released a year after their console versions?
And your second quote is also about single player games which is what Sony was releasing around that time. What GAAS titles did PS have?

There's literally no lies on those quotes. Did you quote the wrong things?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He mentioned Days Gone specifically released 2 years after the PS4 release. When did he say games wouldn't be released a year after their console versions?
And your second quote is also about single player games which is what Sony was releasing around that time. What GAAS titles did PS have?

There's literally no lies on those quotes. Did you quote the wrong things?
Slimy will find a way to be miserable in this hobby. ;)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Those gap keeps getting s

Yah. To the non-fanboys it is pretty obvious they were going to keep reducing the gap. Those who were saying PC will only get 4 to 5 years old Playstation games are in denial.
At the beginning of PC ports the gap between Horizon, DG and GOW were huge, like 9 months apart.

At that pace Sony would only be porting games once or twice a year and that’s it.

It was obvious with their focus on PC in slides and buying Nixxes and opening a mobile dept the floodgates would open. But I don’t think anyone expected it to be this fast. Even I said Sony might do one game per quarter in 2022 tops and it’s already been I think 5 or 6. And back then nobody knew Sony was working on so many GAAS games which are now all PC day one games.

It goes to show all theories about PC porting leads to big drops in PS is all bull. If it was that bad for PS ecosystems Sony wouldnt be hitting hard on PC this aggressively.

But you never know, maybe that other theory still holds true…... If you do PC ports, it’ll make PC gamers switch to PS5.

Maybe in 2026, all the PC gamers will love the Sony games so much they’ll ditch their rig and get a PS5 and then a PS6!

Last edited:

Darsxx82

What's the difference between "at launch" and "day and date"? Not sure I'm seeing the lie.

If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to... Hermen has gone in record time to talk about first party releases on PC 2-4 years later than on PS consoles, to day one for GASS and 1 year for SP.

It is not crazy to bet that before the end of the gen all (SP and Gass) will come out day one on PC seeing how it evolves in its manifestations / PR

Last edited:

Three

If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to... Hermen has gone in record time to talk about first party releases on PC 2-4 years later than on PS consoles, to day one for GASS and 1 year for SP.

It is not crazy to bet that before the end of the gen all (SP and Gass) will come out day one on PC seeing how it evolves in its manifestations / PR
I mean the title of the thread from a year ago, says literally they are looking at the timing for each game, where is the lie. Read it. All I see in the quotes too are "at launch" and "day and date". Nothing about 2-4 years specifically. If you want to feel duped though that's alright.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Yah. To the non-fanboys it is pretty obvious they were going to keep reducing the gap. Those who were saying PC will only get 4 to 5 years old Playstation games are in denial.
That's BS, 99% of people on this site were quite aware that the gap would close based on communication from Jim and co.

We even predicted this, live service day and date and a year or more for SP is not a surprise.

Stop trying to find conflict where there is none. Crazies like Bryan don't count.

Ansphn

I been saying for awhile that PlayStation is adopting the movie theater release to DVD to steaming motto.

Theater is the PS5
DVD is PC
Streaming is PS+ extra

This is very smart business to bring in new generations of gamers to the PlayStation ecosystem because its more spread out to PC and mobile than in past generations. PlayStation is evolving with the times in order to expand and thrive. The old guard (older traditional PlayStation gamers) will get upset but they will still buy the Big budget games as long as PlayStation brings the quality.

The new generation of gamer who experience PlayStation quality games for the first time on PC and mobile who can't wait a year will buy a PS6. PS7, etc to experience it earlier..

Last edited:
Top Bottom