• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst: Sony's First Party has over 25 titles in development for PS5, almost half of which are new IPs

Haggard

Banned
So do we base the outcome on official release dates or on your personal feeling that those dates are wrong?
you haven`t really been following the news the last 6 months, have you?
GoW and HZD2 have long been claimed to be delayed from several trustworthy sources, all that`s missing is the official confirmation of delay which GT7 already got btw.....

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
you haven`t really been following the news the last 6 months, have you?
GoW and HZD2 have long been claimed to be delayed from several sources, all that`s missing is the official confirmation of delay which GT7 already got.....
Great so 2 rumors and rumors have to be true of course...Is there anything official beside GT7? Because as of now you are taking rumors as a ghospel, so do we also include rumors about exclusives too?Is Kojima working on a simultaneous exclusive ps5 and Xbox game?Like a Schrodinger's exclusive, rumors are like assholes most people have one.

Haggard

Banned
Great so 2 rumors and rumors have to be true of course...Is there anything official beside GT7? Because as of now you are taking rumors as a ghospel, so do we also include rumors about exclusives too?Is Kojima working on a simultaneous exclusive ps5 and Xbox game?Like a Schrodinger's exclusive, rumors are like assholes most people have one.
This info comes from guys like Schreier and the person who leaked the HZD PC release before..... That`s a bit different than some random 4chan rumor or something.
I think HZD has a chance for 2021 simply because the marketing material has not been updated, but GoW...doubt it.

But, hey, believe what you want.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
This info comes from guys like Schreier and the person who leaked the HZD PC release before..... That`s a bit different than some random 4chan rumor or something.

I mean maybe god of ar will be o the 2 it seem the most probable, but how much of those rumors even by trusted sources, have been wrong.
I mean remember Schreier describing Quantic Dreams or naughty dogs situation only to be corrected (by the judge for quantic dreams or by Schreier too for naughty dogs) and those were articles not even rumors.Even Grubb that has been the most reliable for next gen so far have been wrong a lot of time....Maybe Matt would be the most accurate actually.

But that's not the point yes GT7 is delayed (to the surprise of no one we're talking about polyphony digital after all)but the other 2 aren't officialy yet so let's keep with oficial informations for now.

I think I got tired of all those fake rumors this gen .... cboat we miss you.

yurinka

Sony WWS should do 0 sequels, or sequels after a very long time.
Franchise fatigue is real, and first party is there to make games that make the platform unique and attractive, that the games are profitable should be a second and distant objective.
By the way : porting their best games on pc is I think a very short term and bad strategy for Sony.
We want to see new things and original ip from 1st party.
Lol, Sony is the company who releases more AAA new IPs, and the one who makes more bold investments on crazy ideas like Dreams, Death Stranding or the Quantic Dream games. Most of their current main IPs started in the PS3 or PS4 generation. Hermen said they have over two dozen games under development, being almost the half of them new IPs. They have more new IPs under development than the ones that Nintendo or Microsoft release on an entire generation combined.

Sony aren't the ones focusing on constantly milking a few IPs that are several decades old.

kyussman

Lots and lots of talk lately about Xbox and their rpg studios.....I wonder if Sony will invest in any proper rpg games for this gen(not rpg like Horizon Zero Dawn,love that game but it's not really what I consider an rpg).

McCarth

Lots and lots of talk lately about Xbox and their rpg studios.....I wonder if Sony will invest in any proper rpg games for this gen(not rpg like Horizon Zero Dawn,love that game but it's not really what I consider an rpg).
It's an interesting point, but it's a genre that is so heavily serviced by third-parties. They certainly won't (or at least I wouldn't think so) craft a JRPG, because their relationships with BN and SE are so strong (and with SE it's looking like FFVII P2 and FFXVI are going to be exclusive long enough to provide the same effect).

As for WRPG, for lack of a better term, to I guess counter Avowed and Fable, I don't really see it as Sony's strong suit. I'm not sure what studio would make that. It'd likely have to be a 2nd party relationship we can't see yet.

Last edited:
I think HZD has a chance for 2021 simply because the marketing material has not been updated, but GoW...doubt it.

HFW was already delayed. You're not going to hear about it since it was internal but it was just pushed back from early second half to late second half

SSfox

I wonder if Horizon will keep the same type of dialogues in FW same as it is with ZD, tbh i don't find it add anything to the experience imo. I can see them go with automatic dialogue like in many type of games. But they can still keep it and make things like you choose after finishing sidequest if you want more Xp than stuffs or opposite.

yurinka

I mean, I really wished to know that Days Gone 2 was in development. But Sony crushed my dreams.
Most of what Jason said in that Bloomberg article were fake news and half thruths, many of them already debunked. This quote of Sony having over 25 games under development including big and small games and being almost half of them new IPs alone debunks half of the article. The director and creative director said that what the article said about them leaving Sony because of DG2 not being greenlighted was not true, they both left for other personal reasons expained in their interview with Jaffe.

They also debunked the supposed bad relationship between Bend and ND, or Bend behind scared of ending absorved as a support studio of ND, or Bend having relationship between them and the PlayStation bosses and stuff like that. They also debunked Sony fucked them in favor of the bigger studios, said that instead always were very supportive, patient and nice with them. So who knows, probably he also lied about Days Gone 2 not being in develpment. Or maybe wasn't in development a couple of years ago because they wanted to help ND with a couple of projects to do something in addition to the PC port and PS5 patch until UE5 becomes available for DG2.

I’m sure they didn’t count each annual version of MLB The Show right!?
It counts MLB The Show 22, which is the one San Diego is developing right now. The 'over 25 games under development' are the 1st and 2nd party games they are developing right now, doesn't include the projects these teams will develop once they complete the development of their current projects.

Sony invested in Final Fantasy VII Remake episodes, Final Fantasy XVI, Forspoken. Or in the past Yakuza or Persona and many other JRPGs. The western ones are multi and sell more on PS, probly many future MS ones too.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
GT7, HZD2, GoW-R will most likely not land 2021 and at least HZD2 is cross gen....... also 5 of those 7 are 100% expected sequels.

You may want to re-read the marketing claims of the initial posting and then do some basic math.
You may want to re-read my comment. Sony has already released 6 next-gen exclusive games on PS5 in 6 months. These are not games that will release in the future. These games have already released as PS5 exclusives.

The ones that are in development are in addition to these games.

So to your earlier point, those 6 games are actual products that you can choose to experience today. Not "marketing talks" like other companies.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
You may want to re-read my comment. Sony has already released 6 next-gen exclusive games on PS5 in 6 months. These are not games that will release in the future. These games have already released as PS5 exclusives.

The ones that are in development are in addition to these games.

So to your earlier point, those 6 games are actual products that you can choose to experience today. Not "marketing talks" like other companies.
demon`s souls,
Returnal,
R&C (June)

What else am I missing besides DLCs and preinstalled minigames?

Edit: Well, there was destruction allstars. Despite being total crap and being bundled into PS+ it somewhat counts.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
demon`s souls,
Returnal,
R&C (June)

What else am I missing besides DLCs and preinstalled minigames?

Edit: Well, there was destruction allstars. Despite being total crap and being bundled into PS+ it somewhat counts.
1. Demon's Souls
2. Godfall
3. Returnal
4. Destruction All Stars
5. Astrobot
6. Temtem
7. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (next month)

7 games in 7 months. Actual products -- not marketing talk -- that you can try today.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
1. Demon's Souls
2. Godfall
3. Returnal
4. Destruction All Stars
5. Astrobot
6. Temtem

7 games in 7 months. Actual products -- not marketing talk -- that you can try today.
Oh shit I forgot about Temtem, does the game still have server issues and have they added some content?

Haggard

Banned
1. Demon's Souls
2. Godfall
3. Returnal
4. Destruction All Stars
5. Astrobot
6. Temtem

oh come on.....

2. Godfall - Multiplatform release. And total crap on top of that. does not count
5. Astrobot - Preinstalled Controller Showcase minigame, does not count
6. Temtem - Are you drunk? Early access, multiplatform, Indi..... does not count

The PS5 has 2 (soon 3) actual next gen releases ....and a crapfest, D-All Stars, that everyone has already forgotten.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
oh come on.....

2. Godfall - Multiplatform release. And total crap on top of that. does not count
5. Astrobot - Controller Showcase minigame, does not count
6. Temtem - Are you drunk? Early access, multiplatform, Indi..... does not count
God fall is on PC but not on Xbox.

So a sequel to Astrobot: rescue mission doesn't count? It was a short game similar to rescue mission for PSVR.

Haggard

Banned
God fall is on PC but not on Xbox.

So a sequel to Astrobot: rescue mission doesn't count? It was a short game similar to rescue mission for PSVR.
aha..... so the PC with more gamers than all consoles combined is not a platform now?
And no, preinstalled techdemos do not count......Nobody would buy a console for that. It´s a nice gimmick, but nothing that could trigger a buying impulse lika a GoW/HZD/GoT/R&C......actual game releases.

You know it`s the beginning of a new gen when certain people try to elevate everything and anything half-exclusive to must-have status......

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
oh come on.....

5. Astrobot - Preinstalled Controller Showcase minigame, does not count

The PS5 has 2 (soon 3) actual next gen releases ....and a crapfest, D-All Stars, that everyone has already forgotten.
course diss GIF

Of course, they don't count, despite literally being next-gen releases.

None of them count because that'd mean accepting that you were wrong, and that there are actual products to play today. But logic (and self-respect) is much less valuable than console war for you, so please keep pretending that there is nothing to play on the PS5 and it's all just "marketing talk" :)

Haggard

Banned
Of course, they don't count, despite literally being next-gen releases.

None of them count because that'd mean accepting that you were wrong, and that there are actual products to play today. But logic (and self-respect) is much less valuable than console war for you, so please keep pretending that there is nothing to play on the PS5 and it's all just "marketing talk" :)
Next gen "exclusive" releases which accidentally happen to be on PC, too......wow, the sheer amount off bullshit from your side.

You`re grasping for straws so hard it`s almost sad to watch....

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Next gen "exclusive" releases which accidentally happen to be on PC, too......wow, the sheer amount off bullshit from your side.

You`re grasping for straws so hard it`s almost sad to watch....
Yeah, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Astrobot, Ratchet, DAS are all available on PC 😂

And from when does being on PC negate the next-gen experience? By that logic, neither Xbox nor PC will ever have a next-gen game. Are you willing to accept that?

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Yeah, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Astrobot, Ratchet, DAS are all available on PC 😂

And from when does being on PC negate the next-gen experience? By that logic, neither Xbox nor PC will ever have a next-gen game. Are you willing to accept that?
Ah we`re at the point where you misread on purpose and just try to laugh your own stupidty off. K

More for my ignore list...

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
aha..... so the PC with more gamers than all consoles combined is not a platform now?
And no, preinstalled techdemos do not count......Nobody would buy a console for that. It´s a nice gimmick, but nothing that could trigger a buying impulse lika a GoW/HZD/GoT/R&C......actual game releases.

You know it`s the beginning of a new gen when certain people try to elevate everything and anything half-exclusive to must-have status......

So all of Microsoft's releases that are first party which also come to PC are not exclusives? They are not on Playstation?

Make up your mind on what is a exclusive. Godfall is on Playstation and exclusive to EGS. It is console exclusive since its not on xbox. Same with first party for Microsoft. Its exclusive to xbox console and not on Playstations platform.

So I guess keep making up what you think constitutes an exclusive.

Haggard

Banned
So all of Microsoft's releases that are first party which also come to PC are not exclusives? They are not on Playstation?

Make up your mind on what is a exclusive. Godfall is on Playstation and exclusive to EGS. It is console exclusive since its not on xbox. Same with first party for Microsoft. Its exclusive to xbox console and not on Playstations platform.

So I guess keep making up what you think constitutes an exclusive.
Ah, so games released for multiple platforms can now be exclusives as long as you redefine exclusivity however it pleases you........
Can´t say that the argumentation of fanboys isn`t pretty "creative" sometimes.

one more for the ignore list.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Ah, so games that are multiplatform can now be exclusives as long as you redefine exclusivity however it pleases you........

So a game that has exclusivity to specific platforms is multiplatform? Because I always assumed multiplatform meant all platforms? So I'm going to ask this once, what is a console exclusive to you? Sony paid for Ghostwire, and Deathloop from bethesda to be 6-12 month console exclusive. But both those are coming to PC as they were advertised available on PS5/PC.

So I ask what do you define those titles as, since SOny in their state of play defines them as console excluisve?

If you can't answer that then you have to understand why people are calling you out.

AlexxKidd

So a game that has exclusivity to specific platforms is multiplatform? Because I always assumed multiplatform meant all platforms?

Then you assumed wrong. Street Fighter V is on PlayStation and PC. Street Fighter V is multiplatform. "Multi" means more than one, "Omni" means all.

Papacheeks

Banned
Then you assumed wrong. Street Fighter V is on PlayStation and PC. Street Fighter V is multiplatform. "Multi" means more than one, "Omni" means all.

I've never heard anyone call a game from EA, ACTIVISION, 2K OR BETHESDA omni. Now your making shit up. Terminology wise people say multiplatform meaning all platforms XBOX, PLAYSTATION, PC, SWITCH. Then I guess what do you call the terminology by Microsoft using Console exclusive?

Meaning not available on other "consoles" PC is not a console it is a platform.

PC is not a closed system.

Then what do you call Ghostwire: Tokyo? It is on only PS5/PC? ANd was advertised as such?

Why would Sony spend money on Street fighter V only to have it go to xbox? They made a deal to keep it console exclusive. Same with Godfall. It's timed exclusivity if it is defined as such meaning within a a specific time frame it will come to other consoles.

Bethesda has reiterated that Arkane’s upcoming shooter Deathloop remains a PlayStation 5 console exclusive

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ah, so games released for multiple platforms can now be exclusives as long as you redefine exclusivity however it pleases you........

So a game that has exclusivity to specific platforms is multiplatform? Because I always assumed multiplatform meant all platforms? So I'm going to ask this once, what is a console exclusive to you? Sony paid for Ghostwire, and Deathloop from bethesda to be 6-12 month console exclusive. But both those are coming to PC as they were advertised available on PS5/PC.

So I ask what do you define those titles as, since SOny in their state of play defines them as console excluisve?

If you can't answer that then you have to understand why people are calling you out.
Oh FFS can't you see that you guys are both right but arguing about different things and neglecting that technicality ?
Haggard Haggard is talking about full exclusivity, although he is wrong about Astro bot which is more than a tech demo.But using his methodoly yes playstation has less exclusives and Xbox have none and will have none.
Papacheeks Papacheeks is talking about exclusivity in the console space in which he is also right.Even though I would argue that timed exclusives aren't really exclusives.But on the overall sense if it is on one platform and not the 2 other it is exclusive.

Now Haggard Haggard quit the condescending tone and stating your opinion or rumors as facts and Papacheeks Papacheeks Stop using bad comparison the Ps5 doesn't need to artificially inflate it's number of exclusives, so let's forget the timed exclusives it's not like it doesn't have already lots of exclusives.

Now both of you hug eachother.

AlexxKidd

I've never heard anyone call a game from EA, ACTIVISION, 2K OR BETHESDA omni. Now your making shit up.

Because those games were not omni, they were multi. There is no omni game, but there's plenty of multi ones. You stupidly assumed "multiplatform" means "all platforms," and I smartly explained to you that it doesn't. "Multiplatform" means more than one. "Omniplatform" would mean all platforms.

No game is all platforms, which is why you've never heard anyone say it. Yet somehow, while just admitting you never heard anyone say it, you in the same breath claim "multi" means "all" platforms. Get that ignorant shit outta here.

Then I guess what do you call the terminology by Microsoft using Console exclusive?

Meaning not available on other "consoles" PC is not a console it is a platform.

I feel more like I'm explaining something to my son, ironic that your name is "Papa." But fair enough son, I will explain. The terminology you use for console exclusive is "console exclusive." The terms "console exclusive" and "multiplatform" are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they usually go hand in hand.

Then what do you call Ghostwire: Tokyo? It is on only PS5/PC? ANd was advertised as such?

Case in point.

It's a "multiplatform" game. It's on PS5/PC. Those are multiple platforms. I realize it's a hard concept to understand that games on multiple platforms are "multiplatform." It can also be described as a "console exclusive," because again, "multiplatform" and "console exclusive" are not mutually exclusive. The "console exclusivity" might be timed, in which case it could be further described as a "timed console exclusive" and still be correct. You following me?

Why would Sony spend money on Street fighter V only to have it go to xbox? They made a deal to keep it console exclusive. Same with Godfall. It's timed exclusivity if it is defined as such meaning within a a specific time frame it will come to other consoles.

Bethesda has reiterated that Arkane’s upcoming shooter Deathloop remains a PlayStation 5 console exclusive

The hell are you talking about here? What does this have to do with anything?

Mabdia

Sony are the ones taking action to shut people’s mouths, though. Look at the lineup of games they’ve released during the pandemic and compare that to other publishers. There’s no reason to not believe them on these 25 games, they’ve been delivering hit after hit after hit since the PS4 launched around 7 years ago.

Well... I really love my PS4, but no as much as I love my PS3. And in the end that happens because of games. There are a few really good games on PS4. But I think that PS3's output were way better than PS4's. I'm not gonna talk about PS5, since it was release almost yesterday. But to me the future does not look that good. So far, all that Sony managed to get from me is that I'll wait to play their's games on PC.

I have been on Sony's Playstation over 20 years now. But each console that they release, I feel that they are moving away of what make me love their consoles and games...

That's why to me they have a lot to show now. Their output back in the day was good to amazing. I understand that last year we had Ghost of Tsushima, and that game was amazing. But to me that was all. And to me what saved last year was RE3 and GoT.

Most of what Jason said in that Bloomberg article were fake news and half thruths, many of them already debunked. This quote of Sony having over 25 games under development including big and small games and being almost half of them new IPs alone debunks half of the article. The director and creative director said that what the article said about them leaving Sony because of DG2 not being greenlighted was not true, they both left for other personal reasons expained in their interview with Jaffe.

They also debunked the supposed bad relationship between Bend and ND, or Bend behind scared of ending absorved as a support studio of ND, or Bend having relationship between them and the PlayStation bosses and stuff like that. They also debunked Sony fucked them in favor of the bigger studios, said that instead always were very supportive, patient and nice with them. So who knows, probably he also lied about Days Gone 2 not being in develpment. Or maybe wasn't in development a couple of years ago because they wanted to help ND with a couple of projects to do something in addition to the PC port and PS5 patch until UE5 becomes available for DG2.

I really don't care about what people say. Even the guys that make a game. What I care is when people who have done something that I really loved are moving away. That to me is all that matters.

Papacheeks

Banned
Because those games were not omni, they were multi. There is no omni game, but there's plenty of multi ones. You stupidly assumed "multiplatform" means "all platforms," and I smartly explained to you that it doesn't. "Multiplatform" means more than one. "Omniplatform" would mean all platforms.

No game is all platforms, which is why you've never heard anyone say it. Yet somehow, while just admitting you never heard anyone say it, you in the same breath claim "multi" means "all" platforms. Get that ignorant shit outta here.

I feel more like I'm explaining something to my son, ironic that your name is "Papa." But fair enough son, I will explain. The terminology you use for console exclusive is "console exclusive." The terms "console exclusive" and "multiplatform" are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they usually go hand in hand.

Case in point.

It's a "multiplatform" game. It's on PS5/PC. Those are multiple platforms. I realize it's a hard concept to understand that games on multiple platforms are "multiplatform." It can also be described as a "console exclusive," because again, "multiplatform" and "console exclusive" are not mutually exclusive. The "console exclusivity" might be timed, in which case it could be further described as a "timed console exclusive" and still be correct. You following me?

The hell are you talking about here? What does this have to do with anything?

Platform exclusivity (also known as console exclusivity) refers to the status of a video game being developed for and released only on certain platforms. Most commonly, it refers to only being released on a specific video game console or through a specific vendor's platforms—either permanently, or for a definite period of time.

Exclusivity is a topic used in discussions of the advantages and disadvantages of rival vendors in the video game market, and one which is used for marketing by vendors involved. Industry analysts generally agree that there is a correlation between availability of exclusive titles, and hardware sales.

A video game's exclusivity to specific hardware may either be permanent, or timed—the latter case allowing a game to be released on different console platforms and/or PCs after a specific timeframe lapses

This is why your not making sense to me. ANd no need to literally insult me. I literally asked questions and didn't insult you.

If you literally spent all that time to explain to me your "made" up version of what you think platform/console exclusivity is then I think this conversation has run its course. I will keep you and Haggard on ignore as he's also making up his own goal posts on what is or isn't platform/console exclusive, multiplatform.

Exclusivity exists because it's a tool to help your Company platform in gaining customers for your platform. Money is exchanged to keep things off of another platform. It's the same for how video content is exclusive. Deals are done all the time.

I understand that it is murky on some of the deals, like where it's timed and also with different storefronts now like Epic Game Store paying for store exclusivity which has been done for a few Playstation deals.

But at this point I'm putting you on ignore after you literally started insulting me when all I did I asked for clarification from Haggard who's post history is almost as bad as yours.

AlexxKidd

This is why your not making sense to me. ANd no need to literally insult me. I literally asked questions and didn't insult you.

If you literally spent all that time to explain to me your "made" up version of what you think platform/console exclusivity is then I think this conversation has run its course. I will keep you and Haggard on ignore as he's also making up his own goal posts on what is or isn't platform/console exclusive, multiplatform.

Exclusivity exists because it's a tool to help your Company platform in gaining customers for your platform. Money is exchanged to keep things off of another platform. It's the same for how video content is exclusive. Deals are done all the time.

I understand that it is murky on some of the deals, like where it's timed and also with different storefronts now like Epic Game Store paying for store exclusivity which has been done for a few Playstation deals.

But at this point I'm putting you on ignore after you literally started insulting me when all I did I asked for clarification from Haggard who's post history is almost as bad as yours.

Bruh, you're on some foul persecution complex horse shit, no one cares, give up the victim mentality. Nothing in that Wikipedia definition you posted contradicts anything I said. You claim I made something up bud didn't respond directly to anything I said nor show anything that was made up. In another ironic twist, the only thing "made up" are your claims of me making something up. By all means ignore me and spare me this nonsense.

Papacheeks

Banned
Bruh, you're on some foul persecution complex horse shit, no one cares, give up the victim mentality. Nothing in that Wikipedia definition you posted contradicts anything I said. You claim I made something up bud didn't respond directly to anything I said nor show anything that was made up. In another ironic twist, the only thing "made up" are your claims of me making something up. By all means ignore me and spare me this nonsense.

So be it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

It looks like the 25 titles mentioned don't include games coming from 3rd parties.

People laughed when Sony said they hired and grew studios, some fanboy talked about rounding posters using the word organic growth up, then Sony revealed they spent almost $5 Billion growing their existing studios, and then they revealed they are increasing the budget of their studios (to add more permanent people) by almost $200 Million for the next FY.

They are an efficiently run and very collaborative group of world wide studios that have worked with each other for many years and have strong individual studio cultures and lots of budget (great engineering resources too) at their disposal and their input directly shaped the HW and tools they use to make their games. Interesting indeed ;).

People laughed when Sony said they hired and grew studios, some fanboy talked about rounding posters using the word organic growth up, then Sony revealed they spent almost $5 Billion growing their existing studios, and then they revealed they are increasing the budget of their studios (to add more permanent people) by almost $200 Million for the next FY.

They are an efficiently run and very collaborative group of world wide studios that have worked with each other for many years and have strong individual studio cultures and lots of budget (great engineering resources too) at their disposal and their input directly shaped the HW and tools they use to make their games. Interesting indeed ;).
Well if they weren't laughing then, they're probably laughing now at your digital orgasm for Sony you just had there.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well if they weren't laughing then, they're probably laughing now at your digital orgasm for Sony you just had there.
Well, it took very little to drop the pretence of having an actual argument eh? Not sure you even tried in this case.

Feel free to discuss the actual topic though, it seems like you are agreeing on the premise since you go straight for an ad hominem… straw-man next?

Last edited:

Metnut

I think Sony’s $5 billion investment to grow their own studios will prove to a better investment than Microsoft giving $7 billion to Zenimax’s shareholders to lock down Bethesda.

yurinka

TLOU2 is a full exclusive, which means is only available on a console brand.
Street Fighter V is a console exclusive, which means it's only available on a single console brand and on PC.
Deathloop is a timed console exclusive, which means that at launch is only available in a single console brand and some months/years later may/will be released on other console brands.

Nobody uses 'omni'.

Could one of these be the new Kojima game he is working on with the Sony sign in the background?
The previous Kojima game was a Sony 2nd party game, which means it was published and funded by Sony, did use a Sony engine, got a 84 MC and was profitable.

Later, even if Sony owns the IP, Sony let them port it PC with another publisher, that port was also was profitable (very likely Sony also got part of the PC port money).

So Sony and Kojima had a good relationship before Death Stranding, and both very likely are happy with Death Stranding. So despite what rumors may say, it's very likely that they will continue working together.

Even if Kojima decides to keep or himself the IP of the next game and wants to self publish, Sony can support it as a timed 3rd party exclusive as Sony is doing with many 3rd party both AAA and indie exclusives, or even if Kojima wants to go full multiplatform since day one Sony can support him with a marketing deal as did with many 3rd party AAA and big indies before.

They recently announced Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown, an anime space opera-like Strategy RPG with mechas from Kadokawa as 3rd party Japanese exclusives, and it's rumored they will announce a Final Fantasy spin-off from Team Ninja plus they will soon have Guilty Gear Strive and Square JRPG stuff with Final Fantasy and a new AAA IP. So they are going strong betting on Japanese 3rd party exclusives, and now from Sony XDEV pretty likely they will do a better job with future 2nd Japanese party games.

I don't see why Sony or Kojima wouldn't want to continue working together in the future, specially now in Sony's side that they downsized Japan Studio, so they will release less stuff. It wouldn't be for money, because Kojima went with Sony when any big publisher would have given Kojima a blank check to go with them.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I think Sony’s $5 billion investment to grow their own studios will prove to a better investment than Microsoft giving $7 billion to Zenimax’s shareholders to lock down Bethesda.
is the best decision as well. i have seen people begging for sony to buy square Enix and other big companies like take 2.
im like for what? those games willl always come to PlayStation. i want new things
we are at final fantasy 16 ffs

Top Bottom