• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst - "We value PC gamers, and will continue to look at the right times to launch EACH game [on PC]."

Vick

Gold Member
Monkey What GIF by namslam
Not the same thing at all. But whatever.

Yeah... Sony.
Sony copies from other companies, always had.
But out the recent two one brought mostly goodness, the other every single thing that's bad in this industry.

once the PS4 launched (2013) the ‘free’ games drastically dropped in quality for 5 or 6 years

Tomb Raider (Rise?) JULY 2020
Just Cause (4?) DECEMBER 2020
Just Cause 3, 2017.

Metal Gear Solid 5 OCTOBER 2017
InFamous Second Son SEPTEMBER 2017
Bloodborne MARCH 2018
Ratchet & Clank MARCH 2018
Mad Max APRIL 2018
Driveclub
Beyond: Two Souls MAY 2018
Heavy Rain JULY 2018
Until Dawn JULY 2017
Modern Warfare Remastered MARCH 2019
God of War III SEPTEMBER 2018
Amnesia collection OCTOBER 2017
Metro
Detroit JULY 2019
Arkham Knight SEPTEMBER 2019
Mafia III AUGUST 2018
The Last of Us OCTOBER 2019
Nioh NOVEMBER 2019

Can’t find which Metro was free nor DriveClub (the original PS Plus ‘free’ version doesn’t count). You’re sort of proving my point here that the console launched in 2013 and there’s not a single game you’ve mentioned that hit Plus before 2017, with the vast majority being 2018 and later.
"I subbed to PS Plus from the beginning, and once the PS4 launched the ‘free’ games drastically dropped in quality for 5 or 6 years, with Rocket League and Resogun being the only great ‘gifts’. It’s only over the past 12 months that they’ve started improving Plus"

Nice to know four years=12 months.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not the same thing at all. But whatever.

Sony copies from other companies, always had.
But out the recent two one brought mostly goodness, the other every single thing that's bad in this industry.

Just Cause 3, 2017.

"I subbed to PS Plus from the beginning, and once the PS4 launched the ‘free’ games drastically dropped in quality for 5 or 6 years, with Rocket League and Resogun being the only great ‘gifts’. It’s only over the past 12 months that they’ve started improving Plus"

Nice to know four years=12 months.
You are brainwashed mate :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Brofist

You're mixing up gaming rigs and internet coffee hardware.....
None of the audience that would be interested in such games has used an HDD as main drive in 5+ years.
Those still on an HDD are more into Farmville than something like Last of Us.....
He's been pushing that line for ever. PC owners and PC gamers are not the same thing. People who have spent the price of a console or more on a GPU alone, the people these games are targeted at, already have high speed SSDs and have for a while.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
gotta wait with bloodborne release up to 2025 for that 10th anniversary and bloodborne 2 release to make pc players get ps5 for bb2

Hezekiah

Banned
Been trying to tell people for ages on here. The writing is on the wall, people just dont want to see it.
I will be super surprised if by the time we reach the end of this gen, PS5 games are not launching day and date on PC.
I love the way people with agendas will read something, spin it 180 degress, then start talking shit 😁.

VFXVeteran

Banned
To be fair you were talking about The Last of Us a year ago, and there's still been no announcement on that.
Yup. Won't be until ND is ready to announce it. I claim either one coming out will cement my previous information - namely that ND is working on a PC version of at least one of their games. I don't really care which they decide to do. It's happening.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Been trying to tell people for ages on here. The writing is on the wall, people just dont want to see it.
I will be super surprised if by the time we reach the end of this gen, PS5 games are not launching day and date on PC.
99.99% sure this will happen. And it'll be glorious. No more gaming IPs held hostage. Consoles for the cheap fucks/couch lovers, PCs for the whales/people who are willing to fork out the cash.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Yup. Won't be until ND is ready to announce it. I claim either one coming out will cement my previous information - namely that ND is working on a PC version of at least one of their games. I don't really care which they decide to do. It's happening.
Have you heard anything about Vanillaware games finally getting the port treatment?

Xmengrey

Nope

Don't see all nor do I see PS5 games mentioned. I see the potential of some PS4 games releasing this generation.

You claimed this year and if another PS4 game is announced that isn't surprising since Sony's been releasing some older hand me downs. No Sony made PS5 exclusive is coming any time soon nor did Sony give any indication of this happening.

Yeah the typical last gen games aka hand me downs.
> Don't see all nor do I see PS5 games mentioned. I see the potential of some PS4 games releasing this generation.

It says we will look at the right times to launch each game that's all inclusive.
Not right games it's time based including both PS4 and 5 games going forward they aren't going to launch exclusive games on PS4 forever.
They will look at the right time to launch each game that launches on PlayStation Consoles as of right now.

S0ULZB0URNE

> Don't see all nor do I see PS5 games mentioned. I see the potential of some PS4 games releasing this generation.

It says we will look at the right times to launch each game that's all inclusive.
Not right games it's time based including both PS4 and 5 games going forward they aren't going to launch exclusive games on PS4 forever.
They will look at the right time to launch each game that launches on PlayStation Consoles as of right now.

yikes

YuOkw5a.gif

yurinka

It's Uncharted 4. And after it, I assume that the first TLOU to have it fresh on PC for the tv show release.

Last edited:

yurinka

99.99% sure this will happen. And it'll be glorious. No more gaming IPs held hostage. Consoles for the cheap fucks/couch lovers, PCs for the whales/people who are willing to fork out the cash.
I'd say consoles for the ones who want to play all Sony exclusives and day one. PC for the ones who are ok with playing some of Sony previous gen games and not at launch, but released some years ago.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned

Speaking of Rathet - given the recent events, I if the previous finding won't turn out to be true after all:

laynelane

The exclusives they release are way older than ff7. Sony is making baby steps so that the death threats and the aneurysms of the manchildren will be kept to a minimum.

I don't think current Sony is that responsive to their customer base. Maximum financial gain is more likely the reason for the timing on releasing to PC.

Bryank75

Banned

Because some people bought their PS5's under the pretense that there would be actual exclusives, unique experiences synonymous withPlayStation and in keeping with its history and legacy.

The industry is becoming very homogeneous and after losing all the Zenimax games and exclusivity on Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts and several other series, this is the wrong move. They are making PlayStation into Xbox-lite, almost every move Jim Ryan and Hermen make is a copy of what Xbox has done.... there is no vision.

Resources are being put towards PC ports, when their own new platform, PS5 doesn't even have native versions of those games... Death Stranding, Horizon, Detroit and Days Gone.

For all the price hikes, games going to PC, cross-gen games and laundry list of other stuff.... we have no more studios than before. Xbox got Zenimax and they are not paying more for basic versions of games!
Where is our Zenimax deal if we have to put up with all this shit?

Where is the SSD expansion?

Where are the firmware updates to deal with the many crashing issues games have on PS5? Where are the UI updates to deal with how lonely it feels on it?

Jim and Hermen are focused on PC, mobile and cloud to the detriment of PS5 and console gaming. They are both disgraces to everything PlayStation means to gamers and fans.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Because some people bought their PS5's under the pretense that there would be actual exclusives, unique experiences synonymous withPlayStation and in keeping with its history and legacy.

The industry is becoming very homogeneous and after losing all the Zenimax games and exclusivity on Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts and several other series, this is the wrong move. They are making PlayStation into Xbox-lite, almost every move Jim Ryan and Hermen make is a copy of what Xbox has done.... there is no vision.

Resources are being put towards PC ports, when their own new platform, PS5 doesn't even have native versions of those games... Death Stranding, Horizon, Detroit and Days Gone.

For all the price hikes, games going to PC, cross-gen games and laundry list of other stuff.... we have no more studios than before. Xbox got Zenimax and they are not paying more for basic versions of games!
Where is our Zenimax deal if we have to put up with all this shit?

Where is the SSD expansion?

Where are the firmware updates to deal with the many crashing issues games have on PS5? Where are the UI updates to deal with how lonely it feels on it?

Jim and Hermen are focused on PC, mobile and cloud to the detriment of PS5 and console gaming. They are both disgraces to everything PlayStation means to gamers and fans.
Sony has always copied what the other guys are doing in some form or another since the PS1, it's really nothing new. Part of relevance is competition, if your competitors offer things that you don't and customers perceive this as value, of course they'll be looking to do something comparable.

DualShock, PS Move, gyro, free games, ports, touch screen, unified online gaming, etc, all things offered by Sony's competition before they made their own version.

It's a part of growth and it's better for you as a consumer whether you like/want to admit it.

Bryank75

Banned
Sony has always copied what the other guys are doing in some form or another since the PS1, it's really nothing new. Part of relevance is competition, if your competitors offer things that you don't and customers perceive this as value, of course they'll be looking to do something comparable.

DualShock, PS Move, gyro, free games, ports, touch screen, unified online gaming, etc, all things offered by Sony's competition before they made their own version.

It's a part of growth and it's better for you as a consumer whether you like/want to admit it.

No, I fundamentally disagree.... Xbox also brought mtx, dlc, paid online, drm and online only games.

All negatives that went industry-wide, all negative for consumers. It doesn't go positive all the time or even a majority of the time.

Exclusives increase competition, it is a positive for gaming to have real exclusives to make the competition try to improve their output and attract gamers away.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
what will more likely happen is Sony will get more new fan with what ryan is doing than they will lost "dinosaur living in the past" ones.
One game sale on PC, isn't going to make up for 10-30 game sales plus subscriptions and films sales by a person on PS4 / 5.

teezzy

Banned
Why would any Playstation fans care about games getting ported after the fact? And why would any PC gamers think this is some moral victory? Both of those sides look incredibly lame. I'd like to assume that PS fans won't care after they got to play the game first. I'd also like to think that PC gamers didn't spend all that money to play old shit. Have a little self-respect, folks.

You have so much to learn about us PC players 🤣

We max our specs to future proof our rigs, and then spend most of our time playing whatever tickles our fancy. Half the appeal is having access to much older titles

martino

One game sale on PC, isn't going to make up for 10-30 game sales plus subscriptions and films sales by a person on PS4 / 5.
your math is so optimistic....
in the grand scheme they will more lost fans like you in hundreds but for multiple thousands or even millions of sales for each game release there.
it's why they won't and shouldn't care.

Last edited:
On one side, it's free money for them. On the other hand, not everyone with a ps5 is going to jump ship to PC. Many love to use that argument, but if it hasn't happened already, it probably won't happen tomorrow. In threads comparing the two, you still have command lines, drivers, and bios, oh my! (The usual uniformed posts)

X9vcPn7.jpg

And this is coming from someone who primarily is a PC gamer.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
You have so much to learn about us PC players 🤣

We max our specs to future proof our rigs, and then spend most of our time playing whatever tickles our fancy. Half the appeal is having access to much older titles
Console gamers dont realize there are no generations on PC, just games. And for all the shit that gets flung at PC gamers for being high and mighty, we certainly are not snobs like console gamers when it comes to older games, and Indie games, etc.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Console gamers dont realize there are no generations on PC, just games. And for all the shit that gets flung at PC gamers for being high and mighty, we certainly are not snobs like console gamers when it comes to older games, and Indie games, etc.
Lol. Very true, we don't believe in generations.

I've spent an ungodly amount of hours the last week or two playing Brutal Doom 2 and Blood: Fresh Supply, both games over 25+years old. Over the weekend my buddy and I spent hours drinking, playing Streets of Rage 2 and WcW vs. NWO Revenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom