• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Mana to DS (if old, well, blah)

I searched for this but didn't really get much progress. I'm sure this was posted in one of the last few days' Famitsu threads, but considering the importance of this, I'll post a thread for it anyway. Lock if you feel the need, I won't be offended. :lol

Heroes of Mana has been confirmed for the DS, awesome, awesome. Here's the details:

Real Time Strategy and RPG elements. Nice

Producer is Koichi Ishii

Scenario by Masato Kato (Chrono trigger, Seiken Densetsu 4). Kickass!

Character designs by Ryoma Ito (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) and Akira Oguro (Final Fantasy X) Hoooray!!

Music is composed by Yoko Shimomura (Mana series, Parasite Eve)Hoorayx2

Sounds awesome for now, can't wait to see some scans for it.

Ngeist

The info has already been uncovered in the Japanese mag news thread, but...

Hoping it will be in full 3D :D

Alex

Why would you want it full 3D on the DS? Mana games have such lush artwork, it seems like that'd be a waste.

Oh well, it seems like the series is climbing out of it's rut at least. The few people I talked to say Children of Mana was a pretty excellent little dungeon crawler. And being a whore for that little sub-genre, it's very much on my radar still.

Masato Kato is awesome. I still conted that FFXI, more notably it's expansions, had the best plotting out of any Final Fantasy game.

Ngeist

Alex said:
Why would you want it full 3D on the DS? Mana games have such lush artwork, it seems like that'd be a waste.

Oh well, it seems like the series is climbing out of it's rut at least. The few people I talked to say Children of Mana was a pretty excellent little dungeon crawler. And being a whore for that little sub-genre, it's very much on my radar still.

Masato Kato is awesome. I still conted that FFXI, more notably it's lush expansions, had the best plotting out of any Final Fantasy game.

You're right. Anyway, Square-Enix masters so much 3D on DS that it's inevitable...

Caaz

... OMG. OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG. And the first DS game is not even out in France! And a RTS... Wow, just, wow.
I love Seiken Densetsu.

ethelred

AdmiralViscen said:
So much for CoM's ~300k sales constituting a bomb.

Looking forward to more details.

But Mono and LanceStern said it was.

I'm pretty excited by the news. While it's not what I had originally hoped for (I've wanted a new DS Mana ever since CoM, and I wanted this one styled after SD2 and SD3), it's still an intriguing idea -- a Mana real-time SRPG? -- and I'm cautious optimistic here.

Yoko Shimomura on music is all kinds of awesome.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
It's an RTS? :(

No, real-time strategy RPG. That's not so bad -- there have been plenty of really great real-time SRPGs. The Growlanser and Ogre Battle games prominently come to mind.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Scalemail Ted said:
Theres probably just a small blip in the issue that this game is being made. I'm guessing no pics yet. :p

No, actually, there's a huge two page spread for the game, complete with tons of pictures.

I think people really underestimate the importance Hiroki Kikuta had on creating the feel of the Mana games. His style cannot be replicated. I always loved how he used percussion too, especially in the field/dungeon themes - it really got you into the action. Is he still doing hentai? I read in EGM he directed Shadow Hearts 3, but I don't know if that was reliable.

Square, get back Kikuta if you want to recapture the Soul of Mana!

Mr_Moogle

Best news ever! :)

I've been wanting a sequel to SD3 for ages. Is this game set before or after the original? Magicbox says it takes place 19 years after SD3.

I always thought it was absolutely disgusting that SD3 never saw an offical english release. Square should translate it and release it for GBA or something.

jesusraz

reriel said:
gamefront say developer is brownie brown.

Makes sense. Sword of Mana did good numbers worldwide and BB is made up of ex-Mana talent anyway. If this plays anywhere near as well as Magical Vacation/Starsign I'll be mightily impressed!

dont think its been posted but from gamefront.de

heroes.jpg

Top Bottom