• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Ruin Screenshots (3DS, Square-Enix/N-Space, Early 2012) [Update: Teaser]

Pooya

no trailer, lame teaser logo :|
http://www.heroesofruin.com/

2590hor_logo_flat_on_b3pfa.png

5480ruin_1qoyp.jpg
5481ruin_2asoi.jpg

5482ruin_3spg7.jpg
5483ruin_4dq1u.jpg

ss_preview_2589hor_fin3nol.png

artwork download

Square Enix announces Heroes of Ruin™ for Nintendo 3DS
A brand new adventure featuring a line-up of unlikely heroes and deep social functionality

London (31 May, 2011) – Square Enix London Studios, part of Square Enix Europe, today announces HEROES OF RUIN, a brand new adventure featuring four unlikely heroes brought together to form a fearsome alliance. Custom-built for Nintendo 3DS™, with support for online play and a wealth of social gaming features, players will find a new experience awaits them every day.

“With HEROES OF RUIN we wanted to take the game experience beyond the confines of the console’s two screens,” said Lee Singleton, General Manager, Square Enix London Studios. “Nintendo 3DS’ online and social features allow us to do so much more than multiplayer, using both StreetPass™ and SpotPass™ to give players innovative ways of enhancing their experience.”

HEROES OF RUIN uses StreetPass to create an inventive in-game ‘Traders’ Network’ where players can buy and sell rare and powerful items picked up in battle. With an ever-changing inventory updated from each player passed in public, character strengths and abilities can be greatly enhanced through accessing items from other players’ games. Outside of the game, HEROES OF RUIN makes use of SpotPass to reward players with rare one-off items or unique challenges through local wi-fi hotspots. The official HEROES OF RUIN community website will reward players further with daily challenges and quests available to complete in-game. With social media functionality, the site will also give players a platform to meet other gamers, swap ideas and items and team-up in-game.

HEROES OF RUIN challenges players to carve their own adventure, joining forces with other heroes through seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer or venturing forth alone. Players will enter an ever-changing world where danger waits around every corner. Heroes can explore and fight through wild, varied and dynamic environments, discovering new layouts and routes each time they play. Packed with strange and deadly creatures, these dangerous lands will stretch players’ combat and tactical skills as they enhance their character, collecting loot, weapons and armour to empower them on their quest.

HEROES OF RUIN will be playable at E3 on the Square Enix stand (South Hall, Booth 1647) and will be available in early 2012 for Nintendo 3DS. The game is not yet rated. For more information and updates, join the HEROES OF RUIN community at www.HeroesOfRuin.com.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dungeon Crawler? A perfect genre for handhelds that's mostly untapped. Oddly enough.

I definitely see a Torchlight esque art style

The M.O.B

Looks great, especially since the view will be much more zoomed out when you play it.

Side note, I largely prefer human characters in my loot games, I don't get too much of a kick out of customizing my walking Lion man........

Chromax

Yeah, first thing I thought of was Torchlight. Definitely could use more dungeon crawler loot games on handheld!

Neo Child

Banned
Looks alright, kinda generic though. If they ported Torchlight to the 3DS = love.

Edit: Okay, I know Torchlight is pretty generic aswell but it has a consistent art style. Thats what i mean - consistent art style.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ratrat said:
Graphically it looks like ass. :(
Not really, depends on the effects and how fluid it is in motion. Reminds me of WoW or Torchlight. And its still a couple of months off... looks pretty solid for a online coop action rpg.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It looks better than I expected after seeing that horrible artwork. They probably contracted whoever did MvC3's cover *shudder*

Loot collection with online co-op is exactly what I need on my 3DS. Given that it's so far out from release I have my fingers crossed that N-Space will punch up the graphics a bit, but I bet that it looks better in person than these screens suggest.

The use of SpotPass and StreetPass sounds phenomenal as well.

Boerseun

Banned
I like the look, and as others have suggested, the features list is promising. And it's n-Space. They've done some phenomenal work on DS and Geist is a favourite of mine. I can't wait to see more!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks interesting, looks like I was right that this was going to be a Champions-like game.

Recently announced future 3DS titles list:

Shinobi 3DS

Sonic Generations

Heroes of Ruin

Nano Assault

Oh well, Nintendo will release the 3DS krakens at e3 nothing to fear about, it will probably be the time I'll choose which portable I'll buy.

The M.O.B

Relaxed Muscle said:

Shinobi 3DS

Sonic Generations

Heroes of Ruin

Nano Assault

Oh well, Nintendo will release the 3DS krakens at e3 nothing to fear about, it will probably be the time I'll choose which portable I'll buy.

Shrugging off games before even seeing gameplay? , way to go!

antonz

Well we now know the other 2 3DS titles they are working on are coming out this year as this is the early 2012 one.

Game looks interesting and the feature set is certainly promising

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Relaxed Muscle said:

Shinobi 3DS

Sonic Generations

Heroes of Ruin

Nano Assault

Its all about the graphics right ? I mean we havent even seen direct feed screens of sonic and....ah nvm.

ShinNL

Mixed feelings. I wonder why they made so many zoomed in shots, it doesn't benefit them.

Game could be decent.

Stumpokapow said:
And now 360/PS3:

*shrugs*
Looks like an N64 game.

kenji

Ookami-kun said:
Erm what?

Why does it not surprise me inane comments are made by avatar-less people?
what the hell does that mean XD

the graphic looks UGLY, Jet Force Gemini for N64 had more textures than this shit

I don't get how you guys can defend something like this, look at some other games to see what the 3DS can really do

NEO0MJ

Stumpokapow said:
What an N64 game actually looked like

*shrugs*

You obviously never saw the magic N64 :p.
Anyways, I think the graphics looks pretty good for now. I really like the style they went with.

ShinNL

kenji said:
I doubt the game would zoom in that much.

If you look at this:
5483ruin_4dq1u.jpg

Textures isn't really a problem here.

Edit: lol Stumpokapow, you're completely letting screenshots speak for themselves without saying a word of your own xD

wrowa

Many people are just too used to the current generation's graphics and have long since forgotten how exactly games of the last generation or even the generation before that looked like.

That being said, I don't like the style.

antonz

wrowa said:
Many people are just too used to the current generation's graphics and have long since forgotten how exactly games of the last generation or even the generation before that looked like.

That being said, I don't like the style.
I think too many people have taken lackluster initial sales of the 3DS as a sign that its ok to troll the 3DS every time there is a thread for it.

The game has an art style that is very reminiscent of the worlds most popular MMO.

Alrus

Relaxed Muscle said:

Shinobi 3DS

Sonic Generations

Heroes of Ruin

Nano Assault

You're obviously a graphics whore, you should buy a Vita :)

I don't get how you guys can defend something like this, look at some other games to see what the 3DS can really do

Well I don't particularly find the game good looking, but it would be nice if people stopped with the stupid hyperbole sometimes.

Stumpokapow said:
What an N64 game actually looked like:
*images*

*shrugs*

I think when people refers to N64 games they mean something like this:
2OpUK.png

Note: not saying it looks like a n64 game
Not saying it that far from looking like one either

Edit: Argh.....*shakes fist*

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
kenji said:
what the hell does that mean XD

the graphic looks UGLY, Jet Force Gemini for N64 had more textures than this shit

Erm no?

[Nintex]

Due to the low ass resolution most 3DS games remind me of Dreamcast games with added fluff. It's pretty messed up feature wise. Take DOA Dimensions for example, the characters look just below Xbox level, the lighting is more or less Dreamcast like, the DOF and other shader effects elevate it back to Xbox level again while the animations are worse than the PS2 animations.

Top Bottom