• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Back to playing Nova in QM.

Also, 5 stacks need to really be removed from QM. No idea why they don't get tossed into a more competitive environment.

Milly79

Yeah but it's never fun for the other team. The majority of them are on comms vs. pubs. It's a stomp 95% of the time in the favor. Don't get me wrong, I've beat them, but it's few and far between.

scoobs

Yeah but it's never fun for the other team. The majority of them are on comms vs. pubs. It's a stomp 95% of the time in the favor. Don't get me wrong, I've beat them, but it's few and far between.

To be fair they've said that 5 stacks are typically matched against higher skill opponents to try and balance this out. I think its fine, whatever, its quick match. I expect to lose

Ketch

i dunno much about rogues but i think an activatable passive that's like samuro's tele windwalk could be good, but I'm thinking the passive will be backstab...can they even code something like that into this engine? if they do i hope they make the animation a bit bloody like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbALVIXKehI

she'll have a sustain skill since she's probably a squishy melee assassin

some sort of poison for sure...like maybe an auto attack reset skill that slows on her q
fan of knives? i think she needs an aoe, but they might save that for maiev

perma invis would be ridiculous for sure, not necessarily for it's power but does blizz really want to do this to themselves

mostly likely one of her skills or ults will be marking a target for extra dmg I think

maybe a blink strike? might save that for maiev also

would not mind if they just stole bloodseeker's ult and gave it to her, dk + valeera plays would be hype

I think if they make her based in a wow rogue then she needs like the iconic wow rogue skills.... sinister strike, eviserate, sap, vanish, head crack, sprint, idk what rogues got up to after burning crusade but I don't think that things like blink strike and stuff are what they do... thinking in terms of mobas, if we assume the hero will have some kind stealth, then what stealth arcitypes can hots crib from. Like what are the staple stealth moba things that hots is missing?

Backstab would make sense
Some kind of cc would make sense
Uh..... vision control? But that's not really something hots does.

I can't really think of a way that they could let a stealth hero significantly mix things up in heroes... being invisible is like already the thing.

Alavard

Finally got Butcher to 10 and picked up his Master Skin (I like his paid skins, but I can't resist the sweet golden bits on his weapons and body on master skin tint 3).

Time to play someone else for a bit.

matmanx1

Finally got Butcher to 10 and picked up his Master Skin (I like his paid skins, but I can't resist the sweet golden bits on his weapons and body on master skin tint 3).

Time to play someone else for a bit.

That's some dedication. I love The Butcher's gank potential but I always feel like I have a big red target on my head when I play as him. Did you do a lot of vs AI or do you take him into QM and beyond?

Alavard

That's some dedication. I love The Butcher's gank potential but I always feel like I have a big red target on my head when I play as him. Did you do a lot of vs AI or do you take him into QM and beyond?

I used to use him in QM a ton, way back before his rework. Got him to level 9 and a quarter of the way through it. Took me until fairly recently after his rework to come back to him, and since then, been splitting between QM and vs AI (when I want to watch some TV or listen to podcast on the side).

I would play him in draft modes, but I'm almost always tank or support there. Plus, although he's still fine in draft modes, he's much more comp dependent there.

Side note: I actually wasn't super keen on Ragnaros when he first dropped (he was the most popular new hero in a very very long time), but I feel actually feel quite natural playing him. He reminds me of Thrall quite a bit, with his poke and sustain ability.

brian!

I think if they make her based in a wow rogue then she needs like the iconic wow rogue skills.... sinister strike, eviserate, sap, vanish, head crack, sprint, idk what rogues got up to after burning crusade but I don't think that things like blink strike and stuff are what they do... thinking in terms of mobas, if we assume the hero will have some kind stealth, then what stealth arcitypes can hots crib from. Like what are the staple stealth moba things that hots is missing?

Backstab would make sense
Some kind of cc would make sense
Uh..... vision control? But that's not really something hots does.

I can't really think of a way that they could let a stealth hero significantly mix things up in heroes... being invisible is like already the thing.

for stealth i was kind of thinking like shaco in league (or how he was when i was playing i dunno if they changed him), he could press a button to blink and go into stealth and his auto out of it would do some extra dmg, so shed have to stealth in for dmg or use it to stealth out and lose out on dmg

Alur

Thinks it's about time for a new thread folks. Only took us 367 days.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| what is ded may never die

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Friendship ended with Ragnaros, now Zul'jin is my best friend

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Conversation superfluous. Focus upon combat.

scoobs

if chromie isn't mentioned in some way its a big missed opportunity. We need to spread as much information as we can to prevent her cancer from spreading

Alavard

Valiera confirmed as the next hero.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/819967266066350081

Have to say I really dislike the model. Didn't realise that's what she looks like now, but she's ridiculous. Tits and legs bondage queen with 80s hair and shoulderpads twice the size of her abdomen.

Guess we'll have to wait to see how similar the actual in-game model is compared with that artwork. At this rate, though, Master Skin is going to be a trainwreck.

Kioshen

Have to say I really dislike the model. Didn't realise that's what she looks like now, but she's ridiculous. Tits and legs bondage queen with 80s hair and shoulderpads twice the size of her abdomen.

Well the Kael'Thas promo picture were ugly as sin but the in-game model is alright. I mean look at this :

240px-Kael'thasArt.jpg

Alur

Was pretty much a similar uniform for every blood elf female I can remember in WoW, so dunno why'd you be surprised.

matmanx1

It's getting HotS in here, Chromie is gonna throw.

Haha, I dig it. You have my vote!

Yeah that's pretty awful. I feel like I'm looking at Elvira from the 80's in a WoW costume.

Maledict

Was pretty much a similar uniform for every blood elf female I can remember in WoW, so dunno why'd you be surprised.

Actually blood elf females are one of the few models that doesn't tend to have shoulderpads - even in the original TBC release video. If you do a search for BE female lots seem to have vaguely normal shoulers.

And of course, the only other female BE character in lore is Liandrin, who is armoured from head to foot.

I dunno, I guess I forgot that Blizzard has a bad habit of slipping back into these dumb ass models for Warcraft.

Kioshen

Damn it kirblar. I was about to post the news about chu then I saw your post so I deleted it. I was about to respond to Maledict but then saw your reply lmao.

I'm disappointed about what chu8 did but in a sense but I'm not surprised either. He didn't seem to take this as seriously as he should have been.

Alur

Only one post left after this. We need a new thread stat. Did anyone PM Nirolak?

EDIT: Wow thought it stopped at 20k?

Kioshen

Chu's response :

I made sure to let everyone know that I want this team to take more of a casual approach to the tournament. However, when we did qualify and things got more serious, we could not agree on the level of commitment we want to make as a team, mostly because of me wanting to focus on my stream. Since some members of the team strongly expressed their pursuit for HGC, it was clear to me there are more complications here than I expected. I coulda been a douche and just rake in the $$ while forcing a bad practice schedule and toxic team environment, but that's not me. This is best decision for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom