• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

And only level 3 ATM so whatever you reccomend :D

Does anyone have a referral code that needs referrals still for Lamp?

New OT for 2.0 or nah? Idk the parameters on something like that.

I dunno if he will or not. There was a new one for launch, but not really sure why you would unless we are gonna put it back in gaming for a few weeks instead of community. Then it'd be worth.

Lamptramp

Ah, the referral doesn't carry over from US>EU, is that an issue or would I need to only play on US to receive the freebies/get Muffin theirs?

Jeez, I'm so awkward :p

Alur

Ah, the referral doesn't carry over from US>EU, is that an issue or would I need to only play on US to receive the freebies/get Muffin theirs?

Jeez, I'm so awkward :p

Maledict or Familie (who is banned at the moment, RIP Fam) or one of the other EU GAFers would have to hook you up there. I'm not sure which of the newer posters are EU or NA to be honest. My code is NA.

Milly79

Another tip I'd like to throw out there that has upped my game quite a bit is rebinding attack move (A) to left mouse button.

Also, what's up with these free bundles? Do players that own all the heroes get anything from it? (Entitled gamer)

Alur

We just get to keep the 100 gems. Nothing else.

EDIT: Lots of people in the bundle thread excited about this. Blizzard is really pulling out all the stops for 2.0. Hope they get a big surge, they deserve it.

Lamptramp

Cheers anyway guys, I didnt even think to say beforehand.. Anyway had some fun for now and I'll call it a night, I'm still only level 4 so if any kindly EU players have a referral that would be nice :D

Definitely feeling less confused with Valla, would be great to try out Jimmy and a couple of others to see what's what.

Zackat

Cheers anyway guys, I didnt even think to say beforehand.. Anyway had some fun for now and I'll call it a night, I'm still only level 4 so if any kindly EU players have a referral that would be nice :D

Definitely feeling less confused with Valla, would be great to try out Jimmy and a couple of others to see what's what.
Johanna is a good choice for a new player imo. Try her if you wanna do some tanking.

Lamptramp

Good to know, thanks.

From what I've watched I quite fancied trying Johanna as well, good to know she isn't too complex. Zarya is my favourite in OW as well so quite fancy trying her too. Not adverse to tanks :D

Kioshen

I'd seen as much, though Raynor wasn't a choice as a free unlock when I first tried (or if he was I didn't notice). I just tried a bot match with Valla and that went a lot more smoothly in terms of knowing what I was doing.

Cheers for the advice guys

You can use my recruit a friend link if you want to get Raynor and sylv plus a stim pack. Edit: Nvm i didn't see eu my bad.

Edit2 : Today's wtf heroes video is pretty funny.

Edit3: Oh hey here's today's patch for some discussion.

Apathy

Oh wow i could have gotten a recruit a friend code and gotten syl for free? I didn't know that!

Btw, on the ptr with 2.0, have the gold prices for heroes gone up or stayed the same?

Is the cash shop changing in any way with the 2.0 update? I wanted to buy some skins for the free heroes will I still be able to just buy them or will the skins be going into loot boxes like in overwatch?

Kioshen

Skins that will be featured on a rotation will be purchasable with gems. The rest will be via loot boxes or with shards which are received from duplicates or also sometimes directly received via loot boxes.

Alavard

I think this is the worst QM matchmaking I've ever seen:

Our team: Li Li (me), Morales, Nova, Probius, and Tyrael

vs Samuro, Sylvanas, Lucio, Cho'Gall on Cursed Hollow

We had no damage, no tanking, minimal wave clear, and 3/5 of our heroes should never be solo in lane.

Maledict

Um, Probius has possibly the best wave clear in the game. He's also the second or third best hero in the game right now...

Blinding winds Lili build would be okay versus that team as well.

Alavard

Um, Probius has possibly the best wave clear in the game. He's also the second or third best hero in the game right now...

Blinding winds Lili build would be okay versus that team as well.

Probius has plenty of waveclear sure, but Cursed Hollow is pretty big and none of the rest of us have any. This meant he was always up against Sylv, couldn't help us on any objectives, and we couldn't hold any other lanes. The blinds were good for survivability, but with two supports, that wasn't our problem. We just couldn't burst anyone down.

Alur

Probi is good, as is Lili to some degree but that comp should utterly stomp his. Tons of push ability backed with a lot of damage and infinite sustain. CG can just delete Probius' stuff at will.

Does gaf have a channel in game?

I tried neogaf and gaf and both seem to be dead.

I'm jumping back in after trying to go back to Dota 2 and hating it, and with the new 2.0 changes.

Alavard

I did verify that Tint 3 Shadowpaw Li Li fits perfectly with Tint 3 Amani War Bear though, so not all is lost.

Tint 2 Shadowpaw Li Li with Tint 1 Amani War Bear is also not bad.

Alur

I'm jumping back in after trying to go back to Dota 2 and hating it, and with the new 2.0 changes.

Better off just adding GAF folks from the btag list or posting your region and tag here. The channels were only really used in Alpha. They just aren't set up well for people to converse regularly. Better used as a group finder, but there's other good and more active channels for that.

Alavard

Ok, now I'm actually a bit pissed. We have a Leoric who went afk in middle of map. So he rezzes, gets in combat, dies again, and never actually goes AFK to be kicked.

Better off just adding GAF folks from the btag list or posting your region and tag here. The channels were only really used in Alpha. They just aren't set up well for people to converse regularly. Better used as a group finder, but there's other good and more active channels for that.

Ok then. My bnet id is bemusedchunk#1555
I'm US East but don't mind playing with some West folks.

Please add me to play some games. I'm very friendly and super cool. Everyone likes me!

Apathy

another hots 2.0 question, the hero basic skin variation that is unlocked at 7 and 8 (and the basic mount color variations that come at 6 and 9), will those colors just come from loot boxes in 2.0?

Apathy

oh ok, so no issues with not getting characters all the way up to 9 to get those before 2.0 is out if i can't get there

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow these Mega Bundles are nice, but I already have so many heroes I'll get max 5 new heroes and only actually use 4 of them. I wonder if the gem cost for individual heroes would be low enough to make it my own custom 5 picks using the 100 gems they give you.

Still pretty nice, and filling in nearly all the heroes I'm missing means gold could be saved for rerolls on the important chests.

Ketch

Wow these Mega Bundles are nice, but I already have so many heroes I'll get max 5 new heroes and only actually use 4 of them. I wonder if the gem cost for individual heroes would be low enough to make it my own custom 5 picks using the 100 gems they give you.

Still pretty nice, and filling in nearly all the heroes I'm missing means gold could be saved for rerolls on the important chests.

10k/15k gold heroes cost 750 gems on ptr.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh boy, they buffed Cassia's Blind & Fend build and Lili's (already reeediculous) blinds build. Thanks, Blizz!

10k/15k gold heroes cost 750 gems on ptr.
Okay then I guess megabundle it is.

Haven't played HotS in probably a year. Gonna login to grab one of those bundles to pickup some characters I don't have in case I come back down the road.

What's this I hear about 2.0? Can someone summarize the major changes or link me a brief summary?

Milly79

Haven't played HotS in probably a year. Gonna login to grab one of those bundles to pickup some characters I don't have in case I come back down the road.

What's this I hear about 2.0? Can someone summarize the major changes or link me a brief summary?

Sonya

Kioshen

another hots 2.0 question, the hero basic skin variation that is unlocked at 7 and 8 (and the basic mount color variations that come at 6 and 9), will those colors just come from loot boxes in 2.0?

All three basic colors are unlocked from the get-go. At least when I started out in the 2.0 beta.

Ok then. My bnet id is bemusedchunk#1555
I'm US East but don't mind playing with some West folks.

Please add me to play some games. I'm very friendly and super cool. Everyone likes me!

FR sent.

It's usually Neogaf but most don't enable to stay in channels after joining a game so it doesn't stay populated for very long.

The 2.0 hub should answer all your questions. Blizzard also did some videos on some topics on their youtube channel if you want.

That's a nice clutch play. Good job !

==================

Currently listening to the latest CORE and oh my god the way Beau pronounces shuriken triggers me so hard. It's like Milly and Alur for Kyle for what I don't remember that he pronounces badly.

scoobs

Samuro. Kyle can't pronounce Samuro and it kills me.

As an aside, Core has rapidly overtaken ITN as my favorite HOTS podcast. They're just more fun to listen to.

Kioshen

Oh right Samuro. Why I just laugh when Kyle does it but I react differently when Beau speak shuriken I have no idea.

I think having a permanent 3 person podcast makes for a more dynamic discussion instead of having a top down dialog over at ITN. I like all three of them equally because they all fill a specific niche.

scoobs

Oh right Samuro. Why I just laugh when Kyle does it but I react differently when Beau speak shuriken I have no idea.

I think having a permanent 3 person podcast makes for a more dynamic discussion instead of having a top down dialog over at ITN. I like all three of them equally because they all fill a specific niche.
Just wait til you hear Beau say "Skeletal Swing." He can't pronounce it, it's baffling and hilarious. He says "ska-leetal" it's incredible

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Real talk.

This community was one of my favorite gaf communities in my years here, whoch was weird since... well you know, mobas :3

I keep wanting to go back to it over this last year or year and half, maybe 2.0 will be the time.

Milly79

I think Core is my favorite as well at this point. I just wish Scott would wisen up a bit and actually retain some information rather than blanking on every hero name, ability, etc.

ITN is Garret blowing Kyle all day. Jeff Kanatta is a worthless reoccurring guest and I'm not even sure I want to hear Dunktrain twice a week. Their strategy sections seem to repeat themselves quite often.

scoobs

I think Core is my favorite as well at this point. I just wish Scott would wisen up a bit and actually retain some information rather than blanking on every hero name, ability, etc.

ITN is Garret blowing Kyle all day. Jeff Kanatta is a worthless reoccurring guest and I'm not even sure I want to hear Dunktrain twice a week. Their strategy sections seem to repeat themselves quite often.

This is one of the reasons I love the show. It gives it the charm that other podcasts sorely lack. Scott literally can't think of a single heroes name off the top of his head, but he clearly knows who he is referring to and its just the funniest thing to me. "Fire boy" when he couldn't think of Ragnaros was particularly funny this week.

Plus Scott is like 50 years old or something, I probably wont be remembering much at that age either.

The little reoccurring bits the they do "Dear Martha" and Nexeopardy are what set the show apart from the others. I hope more people give them a try.

ITN has definitely become a bit of a broken record. Their strategy sections are all kind of the same thing lately "what heroes to pick on what maps." Wish they'd come up with something a bit more creative but I also kind of understand that there are only so many strategy topics that can exist. Maybe make the strategy section a bi-weekly thing, and do something else like interview a streamer or something during that time slot.

Top Bottom