• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Hoppala
;)
nah that's the keyboard on my tablet, if I'm writing hastily I get umlauts. If I were using the german layout they'd be their own keys.

For one thing they aren't putting Mac on the role they booted Glau from.

Sonya? She has a great melee AoE that heals her at same time, great for heavy melee comps and merc camps, uses ancient spear and leap to quickly engage, pursue and stun in those two abilities, and isn't held down by mana constraints. She has plenty of up time.

She's not really a tank though, and more of a bruiser. Her damage is relative, it may seem low, but if you can catch a player out of position, you can guarantee Sonya can chase down and kill with an ability rotation that is constant.

Uh

KT is actually better than Chromie is almost every regard. I think most will attest to that.

Sonya just got nerfed, but she's great as well in double warrior comps.

You can kinda sus it out by comparing their kits. Kael has the ability to chain cc with e and force repositioning with w and is in general less all-in on a combo compared to chromie. Sonya (that's the barbarian right?) actually does pretty significant dmg; her job is to go in either when their cc is down or to go in explicitly for them to waste a cc and then spin on em. Her passive gives movement speed but she def fares better with an enabler like brightwing or tass

That Barbarian character... you mean Sonya? She has very high damage, a stun on her Q, which pulls her to her enemy, and has a heroic that gives her another stun and another way to pursue... She also has pretty solid sustain with her whirlwind, though it requires a lot of melee targets.

Muradin and Arthas are Tanks, while Sonya is a bruiser. You pick her for her damage and sustain.

Sonya has a 52.7% winrate across all leagues in HL, so she's clearly not useless.
Thanks guys. Maybe I just didn't have the support I needed to make it happen.

Who are the best "tanky" characters, then? I've tried playing mages in this game, but the mobility of some characters like Genji is too much for me and I die a lot. I usually enjoy being an initiator in team fights. I wish this game had Earthshaker. :(

Zackat

Thanks guys. Maybe I just didn't have the support I needed to make it happen.

Who are the best "tanky" characters, then? I've tried playing mages in this game, but the mobility of some characters like Genji is too much for me and I die a lot. I usually enjoy being an initiator in team fights. I wish this game had Earthshaker. :(

I always say Johanna is a good choice for newer players to play tank role. ETC is also pretty good and Mosh Pit is a satisfying ult when you hit it right.

Anubarak is generally considered the best Tank right now and is the single highest winrate hero as well.

If you just don't want to die ever, then Jonanna and Muradin are the best. Johanna has next to no initiation though until lvl 10.

Varian is a good mix of tankiness and initiation. Tyrael makes the biggest plays but is not particularly tanky.

Alur

ETC is not pretty good anymore. He's booty butt cheeks. But he is a tank nonetheless.

Johanna is the most tanky. Heroes like Diablo, Muradin, and Arthas are some others you can try.

I wish there was an indicator for Artanis that's like "hey he's actually low right now and won't get freaking shields whenever you think you got him". I'm just not playing against or with him
enough to have an accurate gauge on his trait.

Gilly: What do you think Cauthon?
Cauthon: I
Dread: bla, bla, bla right Cauthon?
Cauthon: Well
Gilly: but bla bla bla, sorry Cauthon you were saying?
Cauthon:why don't you fuck yourself

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I can safely say that, in my opinion, Xul is the worst hero in the game.

ETC is not pretty good anymore. He's booty butt cheeks. But he is a tank nonetheless.

Johanna is the most tanky. Heroes like Diablo, Muradin, and Arthas are some others you can try.

Muradin is damn near unkillable *if* you save your dwarf toss for a disengage and don't get stunlocked. He can regenerate health crazy fast.

Johanna is just basically unkillable flat-out.

My Xul was level 1 until last week and I think he's pretty fun. His W effect and sound is so satisfying.

Xul is my favorite "I just want to relax" hero by far. As long as you know when you should be laning and when you should be showing up to the teamfights, you can kind of play him on autopilot. There's not too many "what skill should I be using now?" or "what should I be doing now?" moments with Xul. Nice and low-mental-effort.

And if you ever luck into a match where people mostly ignore you, or you luck into a 2-lane rotation that is under-manned by the opponent so you can really maximize your skelly generation (never found a 3 lane rotation that works, 2 always seems to work better for me), you can put up *terrifying* amounts of siege damage. Like give your team a 3 level lead siege damage.

Alur

pmJsaQ2.gif

Got eem. brian!'s brother dominated as Artanis that game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was hoping it was a Falstad boss steal with the wind ult :(

Alur

Same. I feel bad for it, but it's money for them so I'm sure they don't mind.

I'm still really enjoying Genji a lot. D.Va has been a more of a mixed bag for me. Some games she's amazing fun, others it feels like I could've picked any other tank and done better. With Genji I can at least enjoy the Genji-ness of it no matter how the game goes.

Rhaknar

Are you online playing right now Rhak?

Nope, almost off work. I didnt have time to sneak in much tonight, work was busy.

I continue to be super bummed out everytime a legendary isnt one of my missing heroes. I just want the full roster like I used to have so I don't have to think about it anymore, even if I dont play the hero lol. Its like fighting games, I gotta have the full roster. Im weird.

Im almost up to 30k again so thats 3 heroes I can get whenever I want. Weekly sales arent helping at all tho. Ive completely stopped rerolling boxes tho, im pretty sure I used up like 20-30k so far in rerolls and that was 2-3 more heroes right there.

scoobs

D.Va is the only hero I'm playing for the foreseeable future. Even when I'm losing I'm having a blast with her.

Rhaknar

My hero screen is starting to be a sea of level 10s. 10 is the new 5 at Casa Rhaknar.

I actually have quite a few eecent faves that im looking forward to taking to 10. Tracer, Alarak, Graymane, Rag. Ive been focusing on older heroes mostly.

Finally a fun brawl

I liked it aswell. Except one of the rounds was 5 tracers v 5 tracers :/

Rhaknar

just played a couple of games with Alur.

Worst Genji EU confirmed.

Top Bottom