• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey my dish rack, laundry basket and ice cube tray sure do look familiar

onipex

vioXifY.jpg

This made me laugh more than is should have.

Sterilite defence force, assemble!

:p

It came out wrong. I was referring to the colouring, oval surrounding it and the "R" registered symbol beside the wording...nigh identical. My sarcasm was aimed at the people being dismissive of OP, based solely on the font and other nitpicks, when it's clearly similar.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It came out wrong. I was referring to the colouring, oval surrounding it and the "R" registered symbol beside the wording...nigh identical. My sarcasm was aimed at the people being dismissive of OP, based solely on the font and other nitpicks, when it's clearly similar.
Typeface is the biggest differentiator in wordmarks. They have completely different typefaces. I reserve the right to be dismissive.

westman

The_Last_of_Us_Logo_2.png

Metal_Gear_Solid_logo_2.png

Not a ripoff, but these two share the same font. Sons of Liberty has it as well.

Similar, in the way that Arial is similar to Helvetica, but not the same (and I'd argue the differences here are larger). The most obvious one is that the font used for TLOU is bolder, but OK, let's regard that as a weight variant within the (hypothetically) same font.

But even if we disregard everything that could be attributed to the boldening of one sample, look at the placement of the three horizontal bars in the E. The middle one is right in the middle for the TLOU font, but is asymmetrically placed a bit higher in the MGS one. On the other hand, the TLOU font is more asymmetrical in the relative width of horizontal and vertical elements - in the E, the vertical stem is clearly fatter than the horizontal bars, while there is little difference between them in the MGS font. Similar differences can be seen in the other common glyphs (as well as some additional ones, e.g. compare the length of the horizontal stroke on the L with the vertical stem for both fonts).

DOWN

Banned
I don't know. There are subtle differences like thickness and the letters in the TLOU logo are flat at the top and bottom (see the S and O).
You can't seriously look that closely at those two and not see that there are way more of those kinds of differences between the "mind blowing" GTA / Price is Right comparison you just saw.

watership

Similar, in the way that Arial is similar to Helvetica, but not the same (and I'd argue the differences here are larger). The most obvious one is that the font used for TLOU is bolder, but OK, let's regard that as a weight variant within the (hypothetically) same font.

But even if we disregard everything that could be attributed to the boldening of one sample, look at the placement of the three horizontal bars in the E. The middle one is right in the middle for the TLOU font, but is asymmetrically placed a bit higher in the MGS one. On the other hand, the TLOU font is more asymmetrical in the relative width of horizontal and vertical elements - in the E, the vertical stem is clearly fatter than the horizontal bars, while there is little difference between them in the MGS font. Similar differences can be seen in the other common glyphs (as well as some additional ones, e.g. compare the length of the horizontal stroke on the L with the vertical stem for both fonts).

Wut?

Wow... Op you're seriously trying to find issue with something...

With your avatar I suppose it makes sense.

C'mon dude, no need for that.

Anyone with two eyes and an interest in gaming would see a clear connection between the two logos. Funny thing is that Sterilite introduced this new logo in 1992, at a time when Nintendo's logo was still red. Guess what else was introduced around that time? Yeah. Perhaps there exists a larger Nintendo-Sterilite conspiracy than we all are aware of.

C'mon dude, no need for that.

Anyone with two eyes and an interest in gaming would see a clear connection between the two logos. Funny thing is that Sterilite introduced this new logo in 1992, at a time when Nintendo's logo was still red. Guess what else was introduced around that time? Yeah. Perhaps there exists a larger Nintendo-Sterilite conspiracy than we all are aware of.

Most folks didn't see that. Sorry. Dude is looking for something.

openrob

I was wanting to post this, but didn't really think it thread worthy. Saw this when working in Milton Keynes this summer...

img_20140711_115906k6a0n.jpg

Gamecube-Logo.jpg

Top Bottom