• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey NYC. Ready to get your Mario early?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Chittagong said:
Oh yeaaaaah. I have a meeting conveniently scheduled in NYC next week so I can pick this up for my US Wii and fly back before Euro launch.

I wonder if I can still pick one up next Tuesday or Wednesday in Nintendo World Store?
Without problem Chittagong.

Edit: GH III Wii is selling like gangbusters there

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Chittagong said:
Thanks. One further clarification. Will I get the U R MR GAY edition or did they fix that?
Its going to be the first print. I doubt Nintendo is worried about the sub-controversy this is ;)

Tom_Cody

Oh shoot, I just realized this is going to be Sunday night. Forget it then. I'm quit surprised, considering that Nintendo has always done similar event in the past on Saturday night. If they are going to release it early, why not just do it a day sooner?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Official emails have gone out. For those that plan on going, please post below, and I'll edit my original post with a full listing!

Edit - If you want to be extra helpful, include an approximate time. I'll probably be arriving on or around 8pm.

bounchfx

Tabris said:
I don't understand why someone would pre-order a game like Mario Galaxy...

maybe because pre ordering is free, and some people want to guarantee themselves a copy?

did I mention it's free? (plus sometimes there's a bonus, that's also free)

what is not to understand?

Shit, I have a wrap party that night. I might stop by but I don't think I'll be out in time. I can probably wait the extra 12 hours anyway.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Damn, I'd go but Monday is my Day of Hell and I've already skipped far too many classes.

Yep. I'm going. I'll be picking up my copy there. Should I be reserving this thing at Nintendo world store, or something? I always assume they have enough of anything Nintendo when I go there but I'm starting to get a little paranoid.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Mejilan said:
MARIO MOTHERFUCKERS! MARIO.

Rain or shine! Sun or rain! You know. All that.

Me and Vyse will be there. Fo sho.

Any clue how this is handled? Midnight game stuff, that is. Wrist bands, numbers, a list, just a line? Wanna know how/what to prepare. :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You guys should just carry a big sign that reads "Believe." so everyone knows you're a GAFer.

Penguin

SnakeXs said:
Me and Vyse will be there. Fo sho.

Any clue how this is handled? Midnight game stuff, that is. Wrist bands, numbers, a list, just a line? Wanna know how/what to prepare. :lol

I would assume a line since the store closes at 10 and re-opens at midnight so assume line up from 10 till midnigt.

But I mean we call all talk GAF stuff on line.. won't be geeky at all....

Mejilan

Knowing Nintendo, it'll be a janky ole' line with nothing even remotely resembling order or organization, with PERHAPS vague promises of a second line for preorders... later.

But, also knowing Nintendo, there'll be plenty for everyone.

Then again, they're supposed to be having a kind of party or event from 8-12, so I imagine that lines won't be even remotely important or relevant.

SnakeXs

Penguin said:
I would assume a line since the store closes at 10 and re-opens at midnight so assume line up from 10 till midnigt.

But I mean we call all talk GAF stuff on line.. won't be geeky at all....

Better yet, between phones, and notebooks, we can CHECK GAF and comment about it all. So awesome. :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Wait... when is this for you guys?

A West Coast fellow here, but I find myself unsure as to whether Galaxy is supposed to "sell" on the 11th or 12th now.

Penguin

DavidDayton said:
Wait... when is this for you guys?

A West Coast fellow here, but I find myself unsure as to whether Galaxy is supposed to "sell" on the 11th or 12th now.

Nintendo World Store in NYC is having a pre-launch event for the game.

It starts Sunday night at 8 and goes till like midnight.

At midnight they will start to sell Mario Galaxy.

1up

I'll be there tonight. Going to be getting there around 6 I believe. Maybe a little later. I hope there is a 24 hour parking garage around.

My DS name is set to 1up as well.

Penguin

1up said:
I'll be there tonight. Going to be getting there around 6 I believe. Maybe a little later. I hope there is a 24 hour parking garage around.

Why are you getting there around 6?
Thought nothing started untik 8?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
1up said:

There is, but don't bother. You will be able to park on the street (for MUCH cheaper) I was there on the night of the Wii and parked right across the street from NWS.

Zeed

Banned
Unfortunately, I've decided not to go. I just have too much stuff to play right now, and I want Galaxy to be something truly special that I can enjoy when I have nothing else to worry about or play. Therefore I'm going to hold off on Mario probably until Christmas. Sorry guys, hope you have fun without me.

Mejilan

Something to the effect of certain letters of the SMG boxart being accentuated, that when taken in order, spell that out. Not sure if it's still in the final box art or not.

1up

Penguin said:
Why are you getting there around 6?
Thought nothing started untik 8?

I'm driving from south jersey. I want to get in line early and want to be able to get there while it still light in case I get lost.

SnakeXs

whatdidyousay said:
Will you guys take some pics? Crowd shots, pics of some GAFfers, etc.?

I would, but:
A) Piles of steamy geeks isn't exactly the epitome of photogenicity, (kidding, kidding... Or am I?) and
B) Once I get home it'll me Mario time and I won't have the attention span to work the pics.

Edit: So close. Gonna start getting ready soon. Meet up with Vyse, grab some grub, and head to the awesome that is a line.

Mejilan

Alright. Shower, then I'm off. See you fools tonight. If anyone's honestly looking for me, I'll probably be in a black, body-length overcoat (perhaps with a blue scarf), and a blue jansport bag.

Likely playing Disgaea on my PSP. Or Phase on my iPod.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
mej here with olubode and junkwaffle where the fuck are you bitches

Top Bottom