• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush Steam reviews are glowing as it races up the sales chart

Freeza93

Banned
Console crowd is obsessed with AAA.
I would say most gamer dont even know what aaa stands for. outside of forum bubbles….. no one. They would say what aa battery?!

When did this became a thing? game was game i never said hey this game is aa and this aaa or whatever lol. Or did the player’s themselves come up with it?

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
It also seems like people are much more excited when it's a surprise announcement with immediate release like this, than when they already knew about the game for a while.
It also feels nice to see a release like this because it feels more... true? More real. It's not something built over some "hype" and journalists previews and whatever, I'm not sure how to explain it, seems more legitimate.
Logical . if a game is not known before hand nobody can trash it and influence the mind of folks who are easily manipulated into loving or hating something they never even tried. So the perception is real and genuine .

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Game is very slick and polished feeling, looks just amazing and the concept is right up my alley but something isn’t really clicking so far. Maybe it’s just trying to get through this endless tutorial shit to start off or introducing too many gameplay mechanics too quickly, but as impressive as it looks and sounds and runs, I’m kinda meh so far…I’ll keep getting through this intro stuff though to give it a fair shake

SweetShark

It also seems like people are much more excited when it's a surprise announcement with immediate release like this, than when they already knew about the game for a while.
It also feels nice to see a release like this because it feels more... true? More real. It's not something built over some "hype" and journalists previews and whatever, I'm not sure how to explain it, seems more legitimate.

Of course it feels more honest. They literally use the whole budget in the game and not for how to sponsor it.
If I remember right GTA5 Publishers used much more money of how to advertise it than to develop it. This is nuts.

SweetShark

Logical . if a game is not known before hand nobody can trash it and influence the mind of folks who are easily manipulated into loving or hating something they never even tried. So the perception is real and genuine .
To be fair, it helped a lot that the game was from a big Publisher and Dev Team. An indie game with zero 'support' would had been lost in obscurity.

DragonNCM

ISANE !!! game
Was thinking this one will be something like Metal: Hellsinger but this is nuc !!!
The bit...the combos..FUCKING FUN!!!
MS dropped GOTY in January.......

Bragr

Banned
Yes, and even though I don't think the devs planned this, this is one of those games that plays better than it looks. The trailer had people divided, but when you play it, it clicks. It was a happy accident that it was released before people got to judge the trailers and run it over the coals.

Freeza93

Banned
i
Yes, and even though I don't think the devs planned this, this is one of those games that plays better than it looks. The trailer had people divided, but when you play it, it clicks. It was a happy accident that it was released before people got to judge the trailers and run it over the coals.
Its simply a good videogame from an era that seems so distant by now. No wonder its a hit especially with its flawless quality.

Fuz

Banned
Very true.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Glad to see my man Phil keeping innovation in games alive. What a little gem of a game this is. Shadow dropping should be Xbox's new defacto way of releasing games. Fuck MC and games "journalists".

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Its simply a good videogame from an era that seems so distant by now. No wonder its a hit especially with its flawless quality.

This! It's one of those games that just puts a smile on your face, even when you are spazzing out in a boss fight and can't find the rhythm to save your life. LOL

I think each player, depending on age, has their own golden gaming era, this one definitely is reminiscent of that period for me.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I finished Dead Space Remake and took this for a spin late Sunday.

I was originally a little turned off by the plucky young protagonist, but honestly he won me over within the first cutscene because he's just a complete idiot and essentially most of the plot happens because of that.

Man I wish I had been playing this all weekend instead of Dead Space Remake (Dead Space R is fantastic... but this is new)

I am sat here at work and all I can think about is Hi-Fi Rush, my manager was giving me the "shut up" look over teams today when they asked "did anything happen during the weekend that was intresting" which I used to leap into about how great the game is.

Last edited:
Played the first two levels and it's pretty good. DMC mechanics work pretty well though dodging feels a bit weird as it requires timing on the beat before the attack, and I'm so used to dodging at the last second for these types of games it's hard to adjust. Story and graphics are above average. Music is good. Pretty surprising they nailed such a different kind of game.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I finished Dead Space Remake and took this for a spin late Sunday.

I was originally a little turned off by the plucky young protagonist, but honestly he won me over within the first cutscene because he's just a complete idiot and essentially most of the plot happens because of that.

Man I wish I had been playing this all weekend instead of Dead Space Remake (Dead Space R is fantastic... but this is new)

I am sat here at work and all I can think about is Hi-Fi Rush, my manager was giving me the "shut up" look over teams today when they asked "did anything happen during the weekend that was intresting" which I used to leap into about how great the game is.
It just keeps getting better too.

This is a great little game which I played yesterday on PC, thanks to Game Pass. I was initially a little apprehensive about how it would run considering this uses Unreal Engine 4 and DirectX 12, a recipe for disaster with many recent PC games in my experience due to #ShutterStruggle. Thankfully, the game runs fine (maxed out 1440p settings at 120 fps) with only a couple of minor hiccups during the three hours I played it. It is a joy to play, look at and listen to. Visually it is stunning with superb artwork and lots of colour but without ever looking garish. Everything moves the beat which reminds of the music levels in Sackboy: A Big Adventure on PS5. The soundtrack is also great, there is some great humour, really impressive cutscenes and the whole game just oozes with coolness and personality. We need more games like this in my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom