• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Palutena's Guidance Found in Smash Wii U Data, More DLC Characters Coming?

Jawmuncher

I doubt it's related to a DLC character. They just barely started working on Mewtwo, I can't see such a trivial thing as Palutena's guidance being made before everything else.

Maybe it's about a scrapped character? I don't usually believe this sort of speculation, but if "intruder from another dimension" doesn't sound like an outsider I don't know what does.

All this does is further my dream that it's a third party character.

Mesonak

Because Nintendo's known for doing that. Sure.

It really could go either way, saying it's guaranteed to happen because MONEY is being really ignorant of how Nintendo has done DLC for all its other properties. Even its best-sellng game has had a single DLC pack about 6 months after the original release, with another scheduled for even further down the line.

If you're going to use milking it for financial gain as your only backup to such a claim, that also opens up the possibility of microtransactions. Because hey, money is money, right? And that's ludicrous, but your logic as it stands suggests such a thing.

Oh, keep in mind I'm not saying that it's a BAD thing. I'm looking forward to Smash DLC and I'll be purchasing whatever is released.

But let's be real here, Nintendo, at this point, is going to do whatever they need to do to increase their revenue stream; just look at Amiibos. Nintendo's fully aware that Smash is the #1 reason to own a Wii U, and I think they'd be fools to not capitalize on the possibilities of consistent streams of revenue through regular DLC character releases.

Marcus

HERE WE GOOOOOOOO

Pr227Zm.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think the better news is that people are finally beginning to data mine Smash Wii U. We'll probably find out a whole lot more than just this soon enough.

But seriously, I can't see any more DLC but Mewtwo being possible.

Sakurai wants the game to feel full, and complete when players buy it.

Unless Namco is taking care of the DLC, let Sakurai take a break guys.

Roto13

Because Nintendo's known for doing that, drowning us in DLC. Sure.

It really could go either way, saying it's guaranteed to happen because MONEY is being really ignorant of how Nintendo has done DLC for all its other properties. Even its best-sellng game on Wii U has had a single DLC pack about 6 months after the original release, with another scheduled for even further down the line.

That one DLC pack is pretty big.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

You can still enjoy a dessert after a full course meal ;P

Jawmuncher

There was that job listing for smash 6 or whatever.
Considering he worked with the namco for so long on this, i'm sure he's fine with leaving the DLC to them.

Neoxon

Mario Kart 8 says hi. It's a complete game, DLC is just the dessert.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I don't need new characters, just Ice Climbers and Wolf. Snake can wait for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2.

Clov

I think that this whole view is just as silly as when people were saying there would be no DLC at all. Only this time they're saying "there won't be any more DLC after this!"

The game is already full and complete. The DLC is just a bonus. I'm hoping for lots of bonuses.

Yup...Rayman
Well, he's the first and only third party character to appear in Smash only as a trophy. Why just him? Even Snake doesn't appear as a trophy in Smash 4, yet Rayman does. With a new model made specifically for Smash, even.

It does at least sound fishy.

Snake sounds likely, too.

Neoxon

mewtwo probably, just like in pokemon the tv series they had no data when mewtwo was scanned
Once again, Mewtwo would have been mentioned by name if it was just him. There would have been some defining trait that could have been pinned as Mewtwo. This is too generic to just be Mewtwo.

Well, he's the first and only third party character to appear in Smash only as a trophy. Why just him? Even Snake doesn't appear as a trophy in Smash 4, yet Rayman does. With a new model made specifically for Smash, even.

It does at least sound fishy.

Snake is very likely, too.

I don't think it means anything, really. Just a little somethin' for Nintendo publishing Rayman Legends in Japan.

I think that this whole view is just as silly as when people were saying there would be no DLC at all. Only this time they're saying "there won't be any more DLC after this!"

The game is already full and complete. The DLC is just a bonus. I'm hoping for lots of bonuses.

Didn't they say they weren't thinking about DLC at that time?

Mario Kart 8 says hi. It's a complete game, DLC is just the dessert.

Did any of the developers say anything about no DLC for MK8?

Different developers have different views about how they do things, and what they want.

This is Sakurai's game after all.

Top Bottom