• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno to announce a new game in 2017

Chobel

Obligatory

e28.jpg

Jawmuncher

It's devil may cry. The worst kept secret at capcom.

However we don't know anything else so I'm curious what DMC this is. Obviously I doubt it's DmC, but I think a lot of the gameplay systems are gonna change. Like I expect DMC4 style gameplay, but I expect an easier bar of entry like DmC had. More modernizations added to the game. Like I could see items and the like not being a big part of the game.

The character action side of things is due for a bit of a shake up. Even if it's been a bit stagnant outside Bayonetta 2.

BadWolf

It's devil may cry. The worst kept secret at capcom.

However we don't know anything else so I'm curious what DMC this is. Obviously I doubt it's DmC, but I think a lot of the gameplay systems are gonna change. Like I expect DMC4 style gameplay, but I expect an easier bar of entry like DmC had. More modernizations added to the game. Like I could see items and the like not being a big part of the game.

The character action side of things is due for a bit of a shake up. Even if it's been a bit stagnant outside Bayonetta 2.

They already made great strides towards accessibility with Vergil in dmc4se, he had complexity but at the same time you could easily feel like a total badass with him even with minimal effort.

Lady was also very well done and could make the series appeal to a wider audience.

I'm fully expecting Itsuno's team to school Platinum.

Jawmuncher

They already made great strides towards accessibility with Vergil in dmc4se, he had complexity but at the same time you could easily feel like a total badass with him even with minimal effort.

Lady was also very well done and could make the series appeal to a wider audience.

I'm fully expecting Itsuno's team to school Platinum.

If any team can switch up the CA genre, and set the bar while doing it. It'll be itsuno and co. So long as they don't rush him like they did with the original 4.

I'm fully expecting Itsun's team to school Platinum.

Honestly, I feel like DMC3/4 have still never been topped in terms of sheer combat potential. Bayonetta are super flashy and easy to pick up, but the skill ceiling on DMC3/4 is ridiculous.

Bayonetta at it's simplest makes you look like a badass playing it, while to truly master DMC3/4 requires stupid amounts of time and precision. Not to say Bayonetta doesn't have depth. I love Platinum but their combat revels in the ridiculous and easy to use. I guess that's why they have more appeal than the DMC series. Hell DMC: Devil May Cry's combat was inspired by that style.

Top Bottom