• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Xater

Yeah Kamiya is pretty awesome on Twitter. There are a couple other Japanese devs that are very active, for example Ono and Sweary 65.

Wow, since I started following him this morning he has answered easily 15+ more questions. I'm starting to feel guilty even though I didn't ask him anything.

Yeah, I saw some of those questions earlier, thanks to that Twitter thread.

I thought to myself, "Why is Kamiya answering him? :lol" so when I saw this thread, I immediately knew what it was about.

It's nice that he does this, though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why Dante's hair is white?
HK: Because he is Dante.

Why didn't you make a flashback about Dante's past when he was a child while you were making DMC?
K: Give me time.

Is this Eva's bedroom? I've seen her portrait in this place: http://www.ephotobay.com/share/bedroom-4.html
HK: She is not Eva.

If she's not Eva, who is she then? what's her name?
HK: She was a hero's mother only in the first plot.

Can you please tell me her name?
HK: She didn't have a name.

So did Lord Spencer killed hero's mother in Biohazard4 ?
HK: Kill? What's that?

SO SHE WAS ALIVE! HERO'S MOTHER WAS ALIVE!
HK: Only in the first plot...

3207858_gal.jpg

TheAwesomeMan: is "Who has a bigger butt out of Bayonetta, Jeane, Trish and Lady?" a boring question?
HK: Who's Lady?

TheAwesomeMan: You know, from DMC3/4?
HK: NO INTEREST.

TheAwesomeMan: So.. what about out of Bayo, Jeane, Trish, Silvia and Sakuya?
HK: Don't forget about Claire.

Miketakon: Are you the greatest man that ever lived?
HK: Not yet.

I LOVE THIS GUY :lol

Zeliard

duckroll said:
You know, from the bits where Kamiya is actually serious, it sounds like DMC never really changed significantly from his original "Biohazard 4" game. It seemed like it would always have been about some guy and his partner attacking a gothic castle, fighting his brother and father, etc. The only difference is probably that the castle was probably the property of the Spencer family and related to Umbrella, similar to what we've seen of such manors and stuff from RE1, RE:CV, and the Spencer flashbacks in RE5.

Kinda glad they had the sense to change it into a new IP, because that would have been reaaaaaaaaally weird for RE.

As opposed to turning it into a third-person shooter? :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
One of the most awesome things about Kamiya is that he actually responds to twitter messages.

The other day, JohnTV and he were talking on Twitter about Castlevania, and Kamiya, I believe, said "It's not the Castlevania I remember."

I sent a quick @ (not really expecting a reply), saying that "later in Lords of Shadow, it starts to get that Castlevania feeling again"

Kamiya responded "Oh, really?"

He seems like an amazingly nice guy, actually responding to all the messages he gets. Even he has a breaking point, I'm sure.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Thus proving twitter is a fucking waste.
You guys don't even have a point. You just spew shit because it's so fucking cool to be against the next social network.

How does this prove Twitter is a "fucking waste"?

Jesus Christ.

Tain

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Thus proving twitter is a fucking waste.

Today, thanks to Twitter, I got to learn about Nazo Makaimura and what Kamiya's favorite arcade games are. That's pretty great! I got to ask Kamiya a question and get a response.

i'm struggling hard to see how twitter's a "fucking waste" to anybody but antisocial internet ragers.

consoul

From the topic title I expected to find Kamiya having a twitter meltdown. Instead, I see him showing great patience in the face of an unending barrage of maddening questions.

Pretty amazing really. I suppose you can't ram a sign post through someones head and throw them onto a wall of spikes on twitter though.

MomoPufflet said:
Wow, since I started following him this morning he has answered easily 15+ more questions. I'm starting to feel guilty even though I didn't ask him anything.
Lol, yeah same here. I was tempted to ask him a question or two, but felt bad about adding to the pile of garbage he actually responds to.

panda21

20,735 Tweets
0 Following
6,967 Followers

i like that he is following no one :lol

swery is insane on twitter. every now and then your twitter timeline will suddenly be full of nothing but swery answering questions about deadly premonition or posting pictures of his food with weird doodles on, with a few in japanese tweets mixed in. he must tweet like 20 at a time or something :lol seems like an amazingly nice guy and genuinely pleased that people like his games

<3 swery

Risette

A Good Citizen
Sectus said:
He mentioned in another tweet he only ever plays games developed in Japan.

I wonder if that's a common thing with Japanese developers.
Unless you mean a different one he just said something about games released in Japan, not developed. Looking at Play-Asia, DA:O or ME2 aren't out in Japan yet and ME1 was released almost 2 years late.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
panda21 said:
i like that he is following no one :lol

swery is insane on twitter. every now and then your twitter timeline will suddenly be full of nothing but swery answering questions about deadly premonition or posting pictures of his food with weird doodles on, with a few in japanese tweets mixed in. he must tweet like 20 at a time or something :lol seems like an amazingly nice guy and genuinely pleased that people like his games

<3 swery

Oh hell's bells. Swery on Twitter means that it's Query Swery time all the time.

I remember way back when Spy Fiction came out he wrote this kind of insane article thingy about how he was training to be a Buddhist monk but then decided to work at SNK instead because it was close to his house.

I love Swery.

panda21

what is it with japanese devs? open my twitter this morning and instead of swery its pages and pages of kamiya

ixix said:
Oh hell's bells. Swery on Twitter means that it's Query Swery time all the time.

I remember way back when Spy Fiction came out he wrote this kind of insane article thingy about how he was training to be a Buddhist monk but then decided to work at SNK instead because it was close to his house.

I love Swery.

fuck thats awesome :lol makes sense too, no one likes a long journey to work.

Nickoten

Neo Member
Good god, the chance to interview the mind behind some of the best games of the last couple generations and it's just of shit about meaningless plots that no one cares about. It sounds like he didn't really want to learn anything about Kamiya, just a bunch of trivia about stuff that will never matter.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WHY ARE JUNIORS CONSTANTLY BUMPING OLD THREADS?

Are you guys reading Neogaf backward or something?

START AT PAGE 1!

ezekial45

Banned
Actually i'm glad he did. Kamiya actually cleared Hideaki Itsuno's name from DMC2. Itsuno was brought in late to salavge the title and when it was released he was given the full credit for the game.

Varjet

Ether_Snake said:
WHY ARE JUNIORS CONSTANTLY BUMPING OLD THREADS?

Are you guys reading Neogaf backward or something?

START AT PAGE 1!
Because they can't make new ones?

Also, Baldurs Gate 2 for PS2 is only 15 bucks at Sears, sweet!

Top Bottom