• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Akiller

edd475bccc.png

Zweisy1

Everytime I check his twitter I just get more and more baffled why people care.

The guy makes good games but his twitter is just pain to read.. He's never posted any interesting insights into anything nor is he remotely as funny or clever as he seems till think he is.

"idiot", "ask your mom" etc.. Is the kinda stuff you could expect from the average 12-year old. Just can't understand why people worship him for this crap no matter how much you like his games.

popyea

The guy makes good games but his twitter is just pain to read.. He's never posted any interesting insights into anything nor is he remotely as funny or clever as he seems till think he is.

No one actually checks his twitter. People either tweet him something or look at this thread. Kamiya's twitter is funny because the whole setup is odd. It's not entertaining in the usual sense, it's just funny that it exists and that Kamiya has seemingly endless energy to perpetuate it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
In real life, Kamiya doesn't appear to be an egotistical moron; the twitter gag is a weird kind of performance art. Normally I wouldn't say acting like that on twitter is productive.

"Your mom" isn't funny. It's the meta of: here is the twitter immature, regressive people deserve. Don't look at Kamiya; look at the people who turn on a computer, sit down, log onto the internet, and go directly to twitter to find a Japanese game dev and tweet "JAPAN R DUMB KILL URSELF".

Zweisy1

No one actually checks his twitter. People either tweet him something or look at this thread. Kamiya's twitter is funny because the whole setup is odd. It's not entertaining in the usual sense, it's just funny that it exists and that Kamiya has seemingly endless energy to perpetuate it.

Yeah I can see what you're saying but I don't really get any entertainment out of it. Other devs like say Tim Schafer or Sam Lake actually post stuff of substance every now and then despite not seemingly spending their every waking moment on twitter unlike Kamiya.. Or post something funny while still being respectful to their fanbase. It's funny Kamiya os is so bothered about repetitive questions when his replies are far more repetitive.

TreIII

Yeah I can see what you're saying but I don't really get any entertainment out of it. Other devs like say Tim Schafer or Sam Lake actually post stuff of substance every now and then despite not seemingly spending their every waking moment on twitter unlike Kamiya.. Or post something funny while still being respectful to their fanbase. It's funny Kamiya os is so bothered about repetitive questions when his replies are far more repetitive.

The sad/funny thing is that he actually does post some insightful things. It's just that a) the majority of it is in Japanese and/or b) you actually have to get out of him by asking him an actual GOOD question.

For example: some years ago, I actually asked him if it was true that he voiced "Six Machine" in Viewtiful Joe", which he confirmed. He then went on to actually list out some examples that he did for that role, too. Check his Twilog back in like 2011 on back. There's actually some good stuff there!

But in the years since then, idiocy pertaining to "Ask Your Mom" and such has become the norm, and his Twitter has become largely a parody as a result (while he still gets to practice his English).

But in the years since then, idiocy pertaining to "Ask Your Mom" and such has become the norm, and his Twitter has become largely a parody as a result (while he still gets to practice his English).
I think this is probably biproduct of popularity more than anything else, honestly. He gets a lot more stupid being slung his way these days.

Dremark

Banned
The sad/funny thing is that he actually does post some insightful things. It's just that a) the majority of it is in Japanese and/or b) you actually have to get out of him by asking him an actual GOOD question.

For example: some years ago, I actually asked him if it was true that he voiced "Six Machine" in Viewtiful Joe", which he confirmed. He then went on to actually list out some examples that he did for that role, too. Check his Twilog back in like 2011 on back. There's actually some good stuff there!

To a large extent I think it's garbage in garbage out. It's sort of a cycle too. He's become known for not taking crap from people so they take a shot at him, his reputation for it increases and his tolerance for it decreases, rinse, repeat.

He never answers questions with thoughts, even good ones like what is the key to directing. All he does is reply with smiley faces or blocks. Pretty shitty, he doesn't engage in good conversation with the fans by elaborating on some questions.

Like TreIII said, it's kind of a shame because he used to (and he still does rarely - at least rarely in English). His twitter definitely used to be a lot more interesting before it blew up.

I do personally wish he would just ignore more tweets than he does, and respond to less so he can make replies more like he used to a few years ago - but I suppose he's not really interested in using twitter that way.

Neff

"idiot", "ask your mom" etc.. Is the kinda stuff you could expect from the average 12-year old. Just can't understand why people worship him for this crap no matter how much you like his games.

Twitter Kamiya from 2010 is pretty cool and earnest.

Twitter Kamiya from 2011-present is 'Twitter sucks and people on Twitter are idiots', mostly as a result of some DMC fanboy retard breaking his brain and destroying his faith in gamers generally.

Corpekata

Banned
Transformers and Star Fox are going to be done shortly and it's not clear on when exactly they'll be doing the bulk of work on Nier given it seemed like a pretty early project so it might leave room for more soon.

Though given Kamiya is lead on Scalebound, I would probably not expect any real teases for future projects from him given he'll be busy.

Dremark

Banned
I can't be possible. How many teams are there in Platinum? They have way too many projects right now

They could always drop quality. From what I've heard about it, it sounds like Legend of Korea was a step in this direction.

In all seriousness though they do have a lot if projects in the pipeline but it seems like they are at different stages. Transformers and Star Fox seem like they are wrapping up but Nier 2 sounded like it's still relatively early in the dev cycle.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
1st gut reaction to latest twitter post.

The positive reaction of FF7R convinces Capcom to talk to Kamiya about Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Anteater

did he finally lose it? he never really troll with his own franchises before, it's mostly him getting mad and asking people to go ask capcom since people bring it up over and over.

Regiruler

People forget that Kamiya has a lot more respect for capcom than the clover fallout would imply. He's usually fairly defensive of them, which to be somewhat expected considering how long he worked for them.

Top Bottom