• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'm mad because RE6 is looking to be great and so many people refuse to give it a chance because of Capcom's recent business decisions or because RE5 wasn't the horror game they remember RE1 was.
In what way does it look great?

Besides, RE4 isn't a horror game like RE1 was yet that game is (rightfully) praised in nearly every corner of the gaming community. Even those who have an issue with the direction it took the series say things like "it wasn't very Resident Evil but it was still a great game" or along those lines. Maybe there are just issues with the new games beyond the lack of horror...

In what way does it look great?

Besides, RE4 isn't a horror game like RE1 was yet that game is (rightfully) praised in nearly every corner of the gaming community. Maybe there are just issues with the new games...

The main issues people had with RE5 were that it had co-op and the parter hampered singleplayer, and that it wasn't horror enough. Everything else was nitpicking.

RE6 is making the companions less intrusive and separating styles to please fans of each game. Leon's section is already proving to be at least as horror-focused as the night sections in RE4, with slow pacing and tension building. Chris and Jake get action heavy sections for people that enjoyed co-op in RE5(and most did). It's obvious that a ton of effort is going into making a good game, and fans are so willing to dismiss games completely because it's not exactly what they wanted. Well guess what? Tank controls and forced perspective are probably gone for good.

obonicus

Leon's section is already proving to be at least as horror-focused as the night sections in RE4, with slow pacing and tension building.

This is what's been promised, but what I've heard from people who had hands-on time with it was that the Leon sections were pretty action-heavy. Have you played it, have you found otherwise?

This is what's been promised, but what I've heard from people who had hands-on time with it was that the Leon sections were pretty action-heavy. Have you played it, have you found otherwise?

The 20 minute gameplay demo was exactly as I described, with one small encounter towards the end that lasted about a minute.

G-Fex

Too bad RE6 looks like a knock off Resident Evil game. The animations and combat look terribad.

Yeah but I don't want to make a huge list of the shit I don't like about RE6 to Kamiya, I don't want to come off fanboyish, I'm sure he doesn't care and well..I'm not going to bug him.

I only bug/troll idiot wrestlers and commentators.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Everything else was nitpicking.
This isn't a very subtle way of discounting legitimate points people may have against the game.

Every RE post-4 feels like a downgrade. RE4 was designed with some extreme care -- you can tell there was thought behind nearly everything in the game from each encounter down to each enemy, enemy speed and movements & aiming ability (this is why not being able to move and shoot is not an issue, the game is designed around it & this is why the Wii motion controls are bad, the enemy speed is balanced around the limitations of an analog stick), placement of merchants and save spots, level of enemy difficulty, placement of items, availability of items and upgrades as the game progresses, everything. It's a 10hr+ action adventure game with the design polish of a good coin-op arcade game. Fabulous.

Even within later added content by different people in the same game you can feel the difference that this level of design makes. Play Separate Ways on the PS2/Wii/HD versions of RE4 -- it's... not very good. Things feels sloppily thought out in comparison despite reusing the same assets, game mechanics, and level design. After RE4 the only thing they could reuse was the mechanics and things ended up worse, for obvious reasons.

Yeah but I don't want to make a huge list of the shit I don't like about RE6 to Kamiya, I don't want to come off fanboyish, I'm sure he doesn't care and well..I'm not going to bug him.

Stick to trolling wrestlers. The GAWD Kamiya doesn't deserve it. Only tweet him to shower him with compliments to which you'll get "Ok."

JPKellams

LOL. You're right. He doesn't care.

Actually, if you guys ever want to have fun, just put up a tweetdeck saved search for @PG_Kamiya and see the endless stream of tweets to him. I have a drinking game for properly guessing his one word response.

G-Fex

LOL. You're right. He doesn't care.

Actually, if you guys ever want to have fun, just put up a tweetdeck saved search for @PG_Kamiya and see the endless stream of tweets to him. I have a drinking game for properly guessing his one word response.

Yeah it's pretty damn sad. I feel embarrassed now for even bugging about the damn game. Geez.

However, I'll bug the one whom deserves it. Taz I'm coming for you ninja.

This isn't a very subtle way of discounting legitimate points people may have against the game.

Every RE post-4 feels like a downgrade. RE4 was designed with some extreme care -- you can tell there was thought behind nearly everything in the game from each encounter down to each enemy, enemy speed and movements & aiming ability (this is why not being able to move and shoot is not an issue, the game is designed around it & this is why the Wii motion controls are bad, the enemy speed is balanced around the limitations of an analog stick), placement of merchants and save spots, level of enemy difficulty, placement of items, availability of items and upgrades as the game progresses, everything. It's a 10hr+ action adventure game with the design polish of a good coin-op arcade game. Fabulous.

Even within later added content by different people in the same game you can feel the difference that this level of design makes. Play Separate Ways on the PS2/Wii/HD versions of RE4 -- it's... not very good. Things feels sloppily thought out in comparison despite reusing the same assets, game mechanics, and level design. After RE4 the only thing they could reuse was the mechanics and things ended up worse, for obvious reasons.

How much money do you think was spent developing and scrapping prototypes before it got to that level of quality? I've played Separate Ways, I own 2 versions of RE4 and have beaten it dozens of times, in pretty absurd ways. It's one of my favorite games. It's like, if it isn't developed for 6 years and you don't fight one zombie at a time with a gun you can only aim in three directions, then it's crap. And that's not fair.

I almost cringe reading the stupid, sycophantic, pointless tweets Kamiya gets on a daily basis. But I'm glad he has fun shooting so many of them down. Very entertaining.

daegan

How much money do you think was spent developing and scrapping prototypes before it got to that level of quality? I've played Separate Ways, I own 2 versions of RE4 and have beaten it dozens of times, in pretty absurd ways. It's one of my favorite games. It's like, if it isn't developed for 6 years and you don't fight one zombie at a time with a gun you can only aim in three directions, then it's crap. And that's not fair.

For what it's worth I think the game looks fantastic, but it doesn't look like a Resident Evil I want. Does that make sense? Is that fair to them? To me?

I don't think I've paid much attention to RE since Code Veronica, and even then I never fully recovered from Steve or Wesker. The first time I tried RE4 I couldn't stand the controls, the over the shoulder view, or Leon and never got back to it or the series again. I'm sure I'd enjoy it now, but I feel totally removed from the series at this point.

For what it's worth I think the game looks fantastic, but it doesn't look like a Resident Evil I want. Does that make sense? Is that fair to them? To me?

Not my problem whether it's what you wanted. Some people use that to say it looks terrible, and that's dismissive.

Roto13

Resident Evil 5 is the only Resident Evil game I actually finished and kind of enjoyed, and only for the co-op.

The main issues people had with RE5 were that it had co-op and the parter hampered singleplayer, and that it wasn't horror enough. Everything else was nitpicking.

I am looking forward to RE6, but I had complaints about RE5 that extend beyond the complaints you outlined in to the dreaded realm of what you consider "nitpicking."

Since you have already dismissed anyone that disagrees with you on this as invalid, I'm going to go ahead and leave it at this and not pursue any attempt at actually discussing it with you, but rest assured, I will be laughing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
hate cerial. RT @Silentgig suggest sum nice omlette or mayB french toast?Do U think U could make that?Whats youre faveourite type of cereal?

Kamiya: hates cerial

Kade

Kamiya2.jpg

Anteater

Strangely I like the new Dante cosplay more than the rest of them in the picture

edit: beaten on the thread title suggestion

Top Bottom