• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

u29F9.jpg

You guys need to adopt Based Kamiya's lifestyle and take the arguing to a dmc thread.

ezekial45

Banned
For acting like holier than though and pretending the fanbase is just being ignorant and that all change is good change. Love that fairytale land you live in where everything is perfect. Since day 1 not once have shown an objective opinion, there is being positive and then there is being blind to the truth.

I do think that the majority of the haters are misguided and are being unfair, but I never said that the fanbase as a whole are ignorant. I think a number of them are too caught up with wanting this game to fail so NT and Capcom will be taught a lesson for defying them. Which I profoundly disagree with. Also, I seem to recall being on the same page as everyone else on day 1. While I wasn't as angry as everyone else, I expected an actual DMC5 along with the others.

And what is this truth you speak of, pretell?

What's this truth? What's the big deal about 60FPS? Why is the gameplay considered worse? What is wrong with the design? Just stop man. I don't know who the bigger trolls are, those who ask Kamiya or you.
He asked a legit question, and its alright to hope that DMC would be an OK game at least.

And seriously man, do grow up.

Endo Punk

He asked a legit question, and its alright to hope that DMC would be an OK game at least.

And seriously man, do grow up.

Im well aware when people are playing the fool and being blind. There are a lot of standards DmC does not meet but he fails to acknowledge them because a logo is all it takes to appeal to him, I doubt if the game was called DMC he would have as much fanfare for it.

And I love that 'grow up' response being thrown about. It's the typical 'Im positve therefore right you are negative therefore childish'. Too bad it doesn't work in every situation just like how every change is not for the better.

Im well aware when people are playing the fool and being blind. There are a lot of standards DmC does not meet but he fails to acknowledge them because a logo is all it takes to appeal to him, I doubt if the game was called DMC he would have as much fanfare for it.

And I love that 'grow up' response being thrown about. It's the typical 'Im positve therefore right you are negative therefore childish'. Too bad it doesn't work in every situation just like how every change is not for the better.

It's not playing the fool and being blind, we are just trying to not judge the game before we haven't even played it yet. Do I dislike Dante's look? Yes. Virgil's? Oh god bloody yes.

But Ninja Theory's games have been fun, and well written to boot. Most of us know that the game could suck, but there's no point hating it like it's the antichrist.

Also being negative and calling out people on liking something to being a fool and blind IS childish. Even more so when it's about a bloody, fucking video game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ninja Theory games... fun? And some super misleading avatar hijinx? Bad egg alarm!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ironically actually, Darksiders is to me what Bayonetta was to a lot of others: a game where I just cannot get past the artstyle that totally does not appeal to me in any way at all. The skulls have skulls on them, because skulls.

Grumpy Kamiya has certainly been a meme thing this end of generation recently, but I wonder if he's legit pissed with the way everything with Sega shook down.

Ironically actually, Darksiders is to me what Bayonetta was to a lot of others: a game where I just cannot get past the artstyle that totally does not appeal to me in any way at all. The skulls have skulls on them, because skulls.

Grumpy Kamiya has certainly been a meme thing this end of generation recently, but I wonder if he's legit pissed with the way everything with Sega shook down.

Darksiders style is an acquired taste. I don't like the art style too, but the first game was fun at least.

Yeah about that. I hope that Platinum is doing well, considering that their games aren't really selling as much as they should. P-100 seems cool, hopefully THAT being a launch title will help rake in some dough for them.

I'm not surprised if Kamiya hates DmC or Resident Evil 6 anyway. Those were his babies, and seeing them change that much should be a bit frustrating, no matter how good the end result might be.

Anteater

Darksiders style is an acquired taste. I don't like the art style too, but the first game was fun at least.

Yeah about that. I hope that Platinum is doing well, considering that their games aren't really selling as much as they should. P-100 seems cool, hopefully THAT being a launch title will help rake in some dough for them.

I'm not surprised if Kamiya hates DmC or Resident Evil 6 anyway. Those were his babies, and seeing them change that much should be a bit frustrating, no matter how good the end result might be.

Kamiya doesn't care about those games, and ezekial45 was right about fans trying to get Kamiya to side with them over and over on twitter, Kamiya already said he thought RE6 looked good, and who knows if it's probably to do with that he's a friend with the producer.

I doubt the guy will even play those games anyway, whether he praises them or not, lol.

Now lets go back to posting Kamiya getting angry at fanboys.

jbzycLsPwkyv9r.png

wait...

what?

He answers that one a lot. He basically only did RE2 because it was the first time he was given the opportunity to direct a game, and even then he tried to steer away from RE1's style of horror (in some other interview, he said that he thinks RE2 is the Aliens to RE1's Alien).

zroid

Banned
He answers that one a lot. He basically only did RE2 because it was the first time he was given the opportunity to direct a game, and even then he tried to steer away from RE1's style of horror (in some other interview, he said that he thinks RE2 is the Aliens to RE1's Alien).

Oh, wow. Interesting.

Also cool analogy :O

News Bot

Banned
jbzycLsPwkyv9r.png

wait...

what?

Mikami forced Kamiya to sit through several horror movies during development of BH1 (and presumably BH2), much to Kamiya's chagrin. There's also the fact that BH2 focuses a little more on action and survival than horror, and that is why BH4 was originally going to be what became Devil May Cry.

Kamiya is an action buff, through and through.

Ugh....must DmC talk spill into every thread? While I admit I'm guilty of taking a sneaky jab at it now and again, I'm thoroughly sick of the same pattern of defenders and haters coming into a thread derailing it.

Everything in the defence and the anit-DmC camp has been said, multiple times over. You have two choices 1) ignore the game, hope it's not the end of the original series and see what happens next. 2) get used to the change and see if you can extract something of value from the shipped product.

Outside of that, more discussion along these same lines is a bit pointless.

As for kamiya. After all this, I very much doubt he would touch DMC with a barge pole after all this. That dream is is dead. I love the series but even I'd be sick of the questions by now.

LiK

Mikami forced Kamiya to sit through several horror movies during development of BH1 (and presumably BH2), much to Kamiya's chagrin. There's also the fact that BH2 focuses a little more on action and survival than horror, and that is why BH4 was originally going to be what became Devil May Cry.

Kamiya is an action buff, through and through.

explains why RE2 is more action.

7threst

Funny, it's the first time I realize that actually seems to be the case. RE2 really IS Aliens where RE1 is Alien when drawing the RE-Alien comparison. Even the whole intro sequence in RE2 breathes like an action game.

Kacho

Gold Member
Funny, it's the first time I realize that actually seems to be the case. RE2 really IS Aliens where RE1 is Alien when drawing the RE-Alien comparison.

That really is an amazing way to describe the differences between 1 and 2.

Top Bottom