• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya, creator of Bayonetta, hinting at crossover: Mortal KombatxBayonetta

Michele

you.

This is coming from Hideki Kamiya... a insect, who will block anyone who isn't Japanese, or at least those who doesn't speak or talk Japanese...

He's hinting at a crossover between Mortal Kombat 11 and Bayonetta. What do you think of him.

ethomaz

Banned
Troll master.

But it can only be a special participation of Bayonetta in the next Mortal Kombat.

Not... it is just he trolling like usual.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't think we can take it as a hint given Kamiya's twitter persona. I could see it for the Switch version of MK11 though, if they make platform-specific exclusive characters. Nu-Kratos on PS4, Banjo on Xbox One (or some Killer Instinct guy/gal), Gabe Newell & Tim Sweeney echo on PC :messenger_savoring:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope his just joking. NR going make Bayonetta super ugly for MK11, no thank you.

Alexios

I hope his just joking. NR going make Bayonetta super ugly for MK11, no thank you.
I thought their character modeling improved a lot since Injustice 2. Not just for women, in general, I thought all their games before that one looked weird.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I thought their character modeling improved a lot since Injustice 2. Not just for women, in general, I thought all their games before that one looked weird.
There are characters are not meant look realistic and Bayonetta is one of them and this mostly my personal opinion but I still find NR’s character models ugly and unappealing.

CatCouch

I'd be down for some console exclusive guest characters. I liked When SoulCalibur had Link on the Gamecube.

Bayonetta seems like an odd fit, though. Japanese style sexy designs in a western game that won't even release in Japan? Doesn't sound too plausible.

Danjin44

I'd be down for some console exclusive guest characters. I liked When SoulCalibur had Link on the Gamecube.

Bayonetta seems like an odd fit, though. Japanese style sexy designs in a western game that won't even release in Japan? Doesn't sound too plausible.
I think Negan would have been much better fit for MK rather than Tekken 7.

Last edited:

Fbh

It's the perfect plan to have a sexy character in the game:

-Include a pretty faithful version of Bayonetta
- Twitter Mob gets angry
- NR is like "We are just being faithful to the original design, please take your complains to Kamiya"
-Twitter Mob goes after Kamiya.
- He tells them to fuck off and blocks them

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

That's weird. Bayonetta on Smash is one thing, on Mortal Kombat was not something I ever considered. Maybe put her on Tekken.

Belmonte

It would be a colossal troll. To traditional MK fans who would think Bayonetta design is too anime for the game and Bayonetta fans who would be pissed to see their heroine cut to shreds by Sub-Zero and others.

Ed Boon and Kamiya are master trolls but perhaps this would be too much, even for them. Kojima would do without blinking if he were them though.

Danjin44

I mean, I sorta agree, but Tekken's roster has so many crazy inclusions that he doesn't really feel out of place by any means.
I said this before, Kazuma or Kenshiro would have been much better choice for Tekken 7 in my opinion.

Last edited:

Doom85

I said this before, Kazuma or Kenshiro would have been much better choice for Tekken 7 in my opinion.

Okay, but I'm not talking alternatives, just Negan being in a game period. Sure, MK would be my first pick, but Tekken would have easily been my second pick. He would be out of place in Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, etc.

Danjin44

Okay, but I'm not talking alternatives, just Negan being in a game period. Sure, MK would be my first pick, but Tekken would have easily been my second pick. He would be out of place in Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, etc.
This video explain my own personal problem with the character.

dottme

It's the perfect plan to have a sexy character in the game:

-Include a pretty faithful version of Bayonetta
- Twitter Mob gets angry
- NR is like "We are just being faithful to the original design, please take your complains to Kamiya"
-Twitter Mob goes after Kamiya.
- He tells them to fuck off and blocks them
You have way too much imagination, but it was fun to read.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

This is coming from Hideki Kamiya... a insect, who will block anyone who isn't Japanese, or at least those who doesn't speak or talk Japanese...

He's hinting at a crossover between Mortal Kombat 11 and Bayonetta. What do you think of him.

I've already lifted my arm, I'm waiting for someone to tickle me to laugh.... its a bad joke from Kamiya right?

Kamiya is not good to work clown ... well yes

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

Mortal Kombat 11 looks fantastic, but Bayonetta doesn't fit in, at least in my opinion. The horror characters fit well into XL, so how about some more of that like Pennywise, Pumpkinhead, or even other game characters like Doom Guy? Pennywise gnawing somebody with those teeth would be great. I think even The Terminator would be a good guest character; his skin could melt off and shit from burning type attacks in battle, exposing the exoskeleton.

Last edited:

Labolas

God I hope not. Love Bayo to death but no. Hell no. Any other fighting game than a NRS game. I'm not a fan of their games really.

xviper

If that fucking ugly creature came to Mortal Kombat 11, i will instantly cancel any thoughts of buying the game

LMJ

As MK11 is coming to Switch, the real question is would Bayo be Switch only?

If so does that suggest console exclusive fighters ALA Soul Calibur PS2/Xbox/Cube era?

New Kratos or Joel for PS4 if the case lol...not sure for the One...

Inviusx

Any crossover with MK has to come with the consideration of "ok how would our character look getting all limbs torn off and its brain removed and eaten?"

Kamiya, kami bless his tamashi, is probably one of those people that goes on those "White-uh pigg-uh, go HOME" parades in Tokyo. So no, this is never, ever going to happen, he's clearly laying out the gaijin bait.

Shifty

I mean, Bayonetta already has gore in the form of torture attacks and boss finishers. It just isn't human gore.

It could maybe work but seeing Bayo herself getting her spine manually removed would probably be a bit much tbh.

a insect, who will block anyone who isn't Japanese, or at least those who doesn't speak or talk Japanese...
Sounds like somebody got blocked!
Never meet your idols, kids.

9F4002516F76C85F027B0CFB42D0AC2D7E839D63

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

I dont understand the insect comment?

DonF

2965849-0169928244-4ef84.gif

Alexios

Actually, I wasn't blocked by Kamiya. I'm trying to sum up his personality - he will block anyone who isn't Japanese or at least who doesn't speak Japanese.
What is "insect personality" if that's what you're trying to sum up. Not to go into summing up one's personality by how they block people on twitter, lol.

Last edited:

Shifty

I dont understand the insect comment?
It appears to be a passive-aggressive riff on Kamiya's pinned tweet warning people that they'll be blocked:

fbed7d3da4e8326244b9c55b408e322b.png

Actually, I wasn't blocked by Kamiya. I'm trying to sum up his personality
Then you misspelled "noted game designer and rock star twitter troll".

If you're going with the "oh i was just making an honest summation" route, using 'insect' in that context makes you sound like some sort of saturday morning cartoon villain :pie_thinking:

he will block anyone who isn't Japanese or at least who doesn't speak Japanese.
With full and fair warning if you actually read his profile before posting. The guy isn't obligated to listen or respond to anyone.

Last edited:
After seeing that horrible Negan smashed with no reason in Tekken, Bayo in MK could probably be a breath of fresh air, whatever quality she'll have

Top Bottom