• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya wants to buy Forza Horizon 1 & 2 digital.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Blocked by digital distribution.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Is this just a weird inside joke with Kamiya, or does Microsoft actually not sell two of their tentpole X1 games digitally?

thelastword

Banned
You can't buy those? Aren't those games X enhanced? That is all types of convoluted and yet people are talking BC this BC that...

Whilst Kamiya is at it, can I purchase Forza 4 or PGR3/4 digitally? Are they enhanced? How about some real gems form OG XBOX like Sega GT, PGR1 (60fps), PGR2, RR6 from 360 etc....???

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
You can't buy those? Aren't those games X enhanced? That is all types of convoluted and yet people are talking BC this BC that...

Whilst Kamiya is at it, can I purchase Forza 4 or PGR3/4 digitally? Are they enhanced? How about some real gems form OG XBOX like Sega GT, PGR1 (60fps), PGR2, RR6 from 360 etc....???
Same reason you don't have Gran Turismo in PlayStation Classic. Btw you can use a physical copy to play Forza Horizon 1/2 and if you own it digitally like me you can even transfer it to your next Xbox, way better solution then Rockstar who updates your already owned game to remove licensed music. Then again it's useless talking to you.

Akuza89

if you've bought the xbox 360 version digitally or have a physical copy of the game it will work...

or alternatively (I can only assume its possible) Buy it digitally on xbox.com for the 360 and it'll appear in your ready to install cue on xbox one.

To be honest a very slim amount of people will want to play these games.

What are you talking about?

He mentioned that it was Microsoft's fault why they had to cancel Scalebound although we don't really know why Microsoft cancelled it.

I understand being angry at the cancellation and they may have not been paid for it but berating them on Twitter looks unprofessional.

He mentioned that it was Microsoft's fault why they had to cancel Scalebound although we don't really know why Microsoft cancelled it.

I understand being angry at the cancellation and they may have not been paid for it but berating them on Twitter looks unprofessional.

Leakers have been talking about the X's great sales for awhile, and NPD/MC/GFK data continues to validate that.

The only thing we don't have is exact total numbers, however the X is doing great and even MS has talked about its success several times.

Leakers have been talking about the X's great sales for awhile, and NPD/MC/GFK data continues to validate that.

The only thing we don't have is exact total numbers, however the X is doing great and even MS has talked about its success several times.

Yeah it's certainly doing very well and I do hope it adds more Backwards Compatability for the original Xbox games as I wish to buy the XB1S for a few of those games (the Original Xbox would be too large for my room).

Last I heard it was closing in on 40 million? Those are great numbers despite it's lack of importance in Europe and Japan.

Actually were did you hear about Kamiya saying anything like that? last I heard he said they were still in good contact.

Maybe it has to do with licensing? either way i can live without every single racing game being BC. Your list is very small if thats all you think their lacking imo.

thelastword

Banned
if you've bought the xbox 360 version digitally or have a physical copy of the game it will work...

or alternatively (I can only assume its possible) Buy it digitally on xbox.com for the 360 and it'll appear in your ready to install cue on xbox one.

To be honest a very slim amount of people will want to play these games.
Thinking of my 360 digital library, I think most of my titles are not enhanced......PGR 4 and Forza 4 does not seem to be available on XBOX.COM anymore though... I have few 360 discs left.....Though the xbox.com website is acting up, it keeps giving errors "it appears you've found a glitch in the system et al"...….

Maybe it has to do with licensing? either way i can live without every single racing game being BC. Your list is very small if thats all you think their lacking imo.
No no, I only listed racers because that's what Kamiya asked for.....Granted, I love racers myself, but I erased a lot of the games I'd like to see enhanced since they were not racers......Gunvalkyrie, Otogis Conan 2007 etc.....

dirthead

Banned
This dog shit fucked the Capcom beat 'em up collection, too.

A Capcom beat 'em up collection without Alien vs. Predator or The Punisher. The best fucking games of the bunch. Ugh.

When companies do licensing shit, they need to have perpetual re-release clauses or something or just not do the deal. Fucking sick of licensing hosing shit.

Pantz

Gold Member
It's annoying because you can even see the listing on the Xbox store for Forza Horizon but when you try to buy it, it won't let you. I have the disc but would rather have it digitally for easy access. I would trade Microsoft my disc for a code if I could. If they can't sell it then I wonder if they couldn't just make it free? probably not i don't know.

Stuart360

This happens on Steam all the time, games being delisted because of licensing problems. I mean its all well and good having these games with licensed music, but it fucks the games over a few years down the line.
In the 'all digital future', we are going to lose some games forever when the licenses run out, just think about that for a second. It sucks.

Codes 208

This.
Whenever i want to play an older Gran Turismo i just take the game from my shelve and put it in the according console. Feels great to also look at the box and manual! :)
Meh. Physical has its appeals but I too consider it a growing archaic form of media. I prefer digital just so that I can immediately start the game without having to get up, find the damn thing, set up and then rinse and repeat.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Friend.

There are more interesting and important things in the world than to see the comment of a person as ordinary as Kamiya.

Dont waste your time, your time is more valuable than the words of this "Person"

This clown never appreciates his fans so we should not bother what this POS posts.

If there is a game that will interest to me, I would buy it used.

To this guy i will never give him my money again, no matter how cheap his products

Last edited:
Friend.

There are more interesting and important things in the world than to see the comment of a person as ordinary as Kamiya.

Dont waste your time, your time is more valuable than the words of this "Person"

If there is a game that will interest to me, I would buy it used.

To this guy i will never give him my money again, no matter how cheap his products
Did he tell you to ask your mom.

Fox Mulder

A Capcom beat 'em up collection without Alien vs. Predator or The Punisher. The best fucking games of the bunch. Ugh.

When companies do licensing shit, they need to have perpetual re-release clauses or something or just not do the deal. Fucking sick of licensing hosing shit.

Stuff costs money. Even something like Miami Vice on bluray required licensing all the iconic music again.

A perpetual deal would likely cost a good bit, and MS puts out a new Forza Horizon every two years anyways. They also delisted Forza Motorsports 5, and I'm guessing 6 will get delisted late this year around the same time.

Shifty

Must have lost his disc.

Receipts?

Kamiya hasn't worked for Capcom since Clover was shuttered in 2006.

And well Kamiya is such a rude guy, even when i write him in twitter that okami is art.
What's that saying? 'Never meet your heroes.'

He doesn't care. Kamiya's twitter is one big shitpost from top to bottom. You'll get blocked, mocked, or in some lucky cases a response if your question piques his interest enough to elicit one. His pinned tweet literally says "I will block you if you tweet me in a language other than japanese".

Being sore over (presumably) being blocked is your loss. I got that treatment some time ago like everyone else, doesn't stop me from recognizing the fact that the man does fine work.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Must have lost his disc.

Receipts?

Kamiya hasn't worked for Capcom since Clover was shuttered in 2006.

What's that saying? 'Never meet your heroes.'

He doesn't care. Kamiya's twitter is one big shitpost from top to bottom. You'll get blocked, mocked, or in some lucky cases a response if your question piques his interest enough to elicit one. His pinned tweet literally says "I will block you if you tweet me in a language other than japanese".

Being sore over (presumably) being blocked is your loss. I got that treatment some time ago like everyone else, doesn't stop me from recognizing the fact that the man does fine work.

Well the work is from their employees so to them we have to give the credit, not to him.

by the way, Kamiya is not a genius, on the contrary he is very stupid to treat the fans in this way, it does not take long for him to be in the situation like Itagaki or cliff bleszinski

Shifty

Well the work is from their employees so to them we have to give the credit, not to him.
I never implied that Kamiya is the sole reason Clover or Platinum's games are great. And in turn, discounting Kamiya's contribution because you dislike him as a person is reductive.

by the way, Kamiya is not a genius, on the contrary he is very stupid to treat the fans in this way, it does not take long for him to be in the situation like Itagaki or cliff bleszinski
These two things, they are not mutually exclusive. I could give you a list as long as my arm of creative geniuses that are also huge assholes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom