• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidemaro Fujibayashi confirmed Director of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Hidemaro Fujibayashi, Director of Skyward Sword and Minish Cap, is once again the project lead and Director of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Aonuma is the producer and group manager.

Just confirmed on IGN Live.

Lunar15

I feel like we knew this somehow.

Anyway, I loved TMC and Skyward Sword (gasp), so I see no problems here. Anyone who did have problems with SS should feel pretty happy because it looks like they tackled those head on. (no intro)

Oregano

I actually really enjoyed Skyward Sword(still not got around to Minish Cap). Breath of the Wild looks different but amazing.

I loved Skyward Sword and my issues with that seem to be resolved in Breath of the Wild so I'm excited. I just need to see dungeons.

Maebe

Well I loved the minish cap but wasn't very fond of what I played from skyward sword so mixed feelings.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like we knew this somehow.

Anyway, I loved TMC and Skyward Sword (gasp), so I see no problems here. Anyone who did have problems with SS should feel pretty happy because it looks like they tackled those head on. (no intro)

Holy shit, is the bolded legit? No long ass slog at the beginning of the game? Definitely getting interested in this game.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
In my opinion those are two of the weakest games in the series. However, what I've seen so far lessens my worry significantly.

Timeaisis

Good. He had some brilliant ideas for SS. Really looks like they have been refined and added great stuff in Breath of the Wild.

Minish Cap was good, but short and super easy, so a little disappointed and Skyward Sword wasn't that appealing (watched my bro play it a ton). However, this Zelda looks phenomenal so I aint worrying.

Great news. SS wasn't perfect, but it was great that it actually felt like a decent challenge coming from Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and it's looking like Breath of the Wild is following suit with that.

So, yeah, hyped!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I liked what I played of Minish Cap, and Skyward Sword had some great moments despite being bogged down by a lot of bullshit.

BoW shows promise.

Shaanyboi

Banned
SS had good ideas but was bogged down by ridiculous pacing. No idea how the flow of this game moves, but what they're showing is a far more fascinating foundation.

joms5

3rd best Zelda game. Yup, 2D ones included. :")

SqGZ0fW.png

Rockk

I feel like they've taken a lot of criticism from Skyward Sword and applied it to this new game. Zelda always seemed like a very collaborative effort rather then a single individuals vision anyways.

jackal27

Banned
Couldn't get into Skyward Sword, but I liked Minish Cap ok. Here's hoping it's more of the latter rather than the former.

Cruixant

That's good news to me. The level design in Skyward Sword was the best in the series, so I have hopes for this one.

I really love Skyward Sword. One of the best.

Also this art style is super close to Skyward Sword done to the description of it being like paintings.

Love Minish Cap, don't care for Skyward Sword.

I dunno if there's anything to worry about, though; Breath of the Wild is looking mighty good so far. :)

kunonabi

Skyward Sword is my 2nd or 3rd favorite Zelda game and the best 3D one so that makes me happy. Watching the stream you can totally see them building on mechanics that SS started.

Boney

Banned
Fujibayashi is a smart sensible man. I'm happy with this.

People saying it'll be skyward sword are not realizing how there console and the user base and overall direction of Nintendo is imprinted on the project.

BY2K

Membero Americo
GUY I THINK WE PRETTY MUCH ALREADY ESTABLISHED THIS GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SKYWARD SWORD.

Christ.

Kathian

Banned
Hope it isn't as weak as Skyward Sword then. My least favorite 3D Zelda.

The second half is great. The desert lake is pretty much what I hoe this is like. Items like the whip were brilliant (that dungeon is my favourite dungeon).

Without the controls to work around I think it'll be much better as a total project.

Anteo

Holy shit, is the bolded legit? No long ass slog at the beginning of the game? Definitely getting interested in this game.

They played the start of the game on stream, not even a video intro like SS, you wake up, get out of the place you are and the game throws you out to the wild without any weapon. 2 mins later a character talks to you (telepathically) telling you to go to a place on the map but that was it.

Lunar15

GUY I THINK WE PRETTY MUCH ALREADY ESTABLISHED THIS GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SKYWARD SWORD.

Christ.

Actually, it seems to be taking a lot of the best elements, in terms of spreading out challenges and puzzles outside of the dungeons and having an expanded emphasis on things done in the overworld. Just with way less restricting where you can go.

This game seems like the right progression from the ideas SS set up.

Top Bottom