• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

xzvRSFE.jpg

KOMANI

KOMANI
I’ve beaten them all except Phantom Pain, shit I even enjoyed the PSP spin off series Ac!d which is so underrated, even though he wasn’t involved with those iirc.
He wasn’t. He’s credited as producer. Shinta Nojiri is the director for both, he came up with the story for acid2. He was the lead level designer for the tanker mission in MGS2, and was called in to help make mgs3 and mgs4 meet their deadlines. He specifically came in to help with the team finish act 3 for mgs4.

A.Romero

He wasn’t. He’s credited as producer. Shinta Nojiri is the director for both, he came up with the story for acid2. He was the lead level designer for the tanker mission in MGS2, and was called in to help make mgs3 and mgs4 meet their deadlines. He specifically came in to help with the team finish act 3 for mgs4.
That's interesting.

Where can I read more about his interventions in mgs3 and 4?

KOMANI

KOMANI
That's interesting.

Where can I read more about his interventions in mgs3 and 4?

He left KojiPro because, as a fan of metal gear, the experience of playing it was ruined by the fact he knew what was going to happen in the story, and he was more of a fan of working with portable games (as evident of the three games he directed; ghost babel and the acid series). Konami had him work with a western developer (as they did at that time with Lords of Shadow and the Silent Hill series after 4) on NeverDead and now I believe he is the Konami liaison of its mobile division and mobile distributors, NT Docomo.

He left KojiPro because, as a fan of metal gear, the experience of playing it was ruined by the fact he knew what was going to happen in the story, and he was more of a fan of working with portable games (as evident of the three games he directed; ghost babel and the acid series). Konami had him work with a western developer (as they did at that time with Lords of Shadow and the Silent Hill series after 4) on NeverDead and now I believe he is the Konami liaison of its mobile division and mobile distributors, NT Docomo.
That's so crazy :O

A.Romero

Thanks a lot!

cireza

Banned
I honestly wish he could have done something with his older titles when he was still with Konami(assuming Konami owns the IP’s)

Snatcher and Policenauts in particular. I never played these games but they look really interesting.
Snatcher is great. Feels a bit like a rip-off of everything, but still good. I still need to play Policenauts on Saturn in English.

Last edited:
Top Bottom