• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

My home.....my sweet sweet home
HWaQd6Z.png

rickyEGM

Banned
The answer is no if he doesn't know a lot about Kojima.

Death Stranding is just another masterpiece in his incredible career.

I'd definitely reccomend going through the Metal Gear series next.

LokusAbriss

Can somebody tell me, why Kojima is pursuing the horror genre, when he himself doesnt like it so much and has problems sitting through horror movies? I feel the same about horror movies and games.

I wish he would focus on military style and espionage games. No Splinter Cell or MGS on the horizon. So, the market is open for such a game.

I hope there will be a DS sequel or something else coming from Kojima Productions. But please no horror game.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me, why Kojima is pursuing the horror genre, when he himself doesnt like it so much and has problems sitting through horror movies? I feel the same about horror movies and games.

I wish he would focus on military style and espionage games. No Splinter Cell or MGS on the horizon. So, the market is open for such a game.

I hope there will be a DS sequel or something else coming from Kojima Productions. But please no horror game.
Kojima made arguably the scariest gaming experience of all-time with P.T.

Also, the horror genre in gaming allows for developers to add and implement unique ideas and mechanics that would not work in other game genres.

I would say it would be great for a creative like Kojima to delve into a new genre and make something unique rather than going back to his usual styles.

LokusAbriss

He should make the game he wants and I have no doubt that he will put all his energy in it. DS already felt like a bridge from action/stealth to horror. And a game in that genre will definetly find a broader audience. Whatever his next title will be, I will have to try it anyway. As long as it will be something unique, polished and great.

It is just sad so see nothing coming for fans of the MGS games. But maybe Kojima will feel an itch again in the future or someone else comes up with something great.

-Arcadia-

Banned
He should make the game he wants and I have no doubt that he will put all his energy in it. DS already felt like a bridge from action/stealth to horror. And a game in that genre will definetly find a broader audience. Whatever his next title will be, I will have to try it anyway. As long as it will be something unique, polished and great.

It is just sad so see nothing coming for fans of the MGS games. But maybe Kojima will feel an itch again in the future or someone else comes up with something great.

I think the problem is that MGS was so good, we could never get enough of it. In actuality, Kojima gave us six games across four generations of hardware, and almost twenty years, each one a revolution over the last.

I would have liked to see one final MGS to perfect the open world concept (it’s amazing in MGSV, but you can tell it’s a ‘first draft’ that would have been improved upon in a sequel), but I feel pretty thankful we got what we did.

It’s not pleasant to say, but Kojima is getting older now. He will retire one day, and when games take years to make, we’re a bit on the clock. As such, I really want to see him completely free to release all these crazy, wonderful new ideas in his head, like he did with DS.

I think the problem is that MGS was so good, we could never get enough of it. In actuality, Kojima gave us six games across four generations of hardware, and almost twenty years, each one a revolution over the last.

I would have liked to see one final MGS to perfect the open world concept (it’s amazing in MGSV, but you can tell it’s a ‘first draft’ that would have been improved upon in a sequel), but I feel pretty thankful we got what we did.

It’s not pleasant to say, but Kojima is getting older now. He will retire one day, and when games take years to make, we’re a bit on the clock. As such, I really want to see him completely free to release all these crazy, wonderful new ideas in his head, like he did with DS.
Perfectly said 💗

Top Bottom