• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

Who is that lady?
Only Kojima would know
HWaQd6Z.png

And teh 4K remaster of the film! I still have the collectors anniversary tin DVD. I ripped all my DVD collection to my server and recycled the discs (and sold anything worth something on Ebay) but Akira was one of the only ones i kept
It's interesting they're doing all of this in 2020, but i remember Kojima talking about how the story is based in 2019/2020?

Either way, the 4K restoration and an anime sequel series is all one can hope as an Akira fan, right? :)

Let us, the Hideo Kojima community, know how you find the Akira Art Wall Collection!

DonJorginho

Banned
Kojima is one of my all time idols and it is great that me and him share similar tastes, I was into Low Roar pre Death Stranding due to my friend playing one of their songs on guitar and I asked him where it was from and he told me a band called Low Roar, I check out their stuff and won't you know bam it is on the DS reveal trailer, that increased my hype into the bazillions.

Also Hideo's favourite artists consist of the likes of Radiohead and The Beatles, two of the greatest bands of all time in my eyes.

My favourite Kojima game in so many ways is Death Stranding, it may not have the best gameplay or the same innovation in some areas like the MGS series did or PT, but it really touched me personally and is an experience I will never ever forget, also the Death Stranding Reddit community was one of the best I had ever been a part of (apart from YandhiLeaks)

Kojima is one of my all time idols and it is great that me and him share similar tastes, I was into Low Roar pre Death Stranding due to my friend playing one of their songs on guitar and I asked him where it was from and he told me a band called Low Roar, I check out their stuff and won't you know bam it is on the DS reveal trailer, that increased my hype into the bazillions.

Also Hideo's favourite artists consist of the likes of Radiohead and The Beatles, two of the greatest bands of all time in my eyes.

My favourite Kojima game in so many ways is Death Stranding, it may not have the best gameplay or the same innovation in some areas like the MGS series did or PT, but it really touched me personally and is an experience I will never ever forget, also the Death Stranding Reddit community was one of the best I had ever been a part of (apart from YandhiLeaks)
Welcome to GAF and the Hideo Kojima community, my fellow porter! :D

Glad to hear that you admire Kojima like the many of us here and it's very interesting to see how you stunned upon Low Roar before Kojima did. I should look more into their discography :)

Radiohead and Kanye West are both my favourite artists of all-time and i hope one day that Kanye gets to visit Kojima Productions and write on the wall of fame!

I still haven't played Death Stranding for several reasons, but I will one day soon, for sure. I'm contemplating on buying Snake Eater 3DS but I may be wasting a bit of money if I do. Any thoughts?

DonJorginho

Banned
Welcome to GAF and the Hideo Kojima community, my fellow porter! :D

Glad to hear that you admire Kojima like the many of us here and it's very interesting to see how you stunned upon Low Roar before Kojima did. I should look more into their discography :)

Radiohead and Kanye West are both my favourite artists of all-time and i hope one day that Kanye gets to visit Kojima Productions and write on the wall of fame!

I still haven't played Death Stranding for several reasons, but I will one day soon, for sure. I'm contemplating on buying Snake Eater 3DS but I may be wasting a bit of money if I do. Any thoughts?

Thank you for welcoming me so kindly, am pleasured to be here with all of you lovely porters! :messenger_sunglasses:

I can recommend you some of Low Roar's stuff if you ever want that, I can find you the best music of theirs that really is inspired by elements of Radiohead so it will sound new yet familiar to you.

I think the two of us are going to get on very well, Kojima, Kanye West and Radiohead are my three idols and Kanye and Radiohead are my two favourite artists! And I would love to see a Kanye x Kojima team up, can just imagine Kanye rocking some Death Stranding inspired Yeezys!

And if you ever want me to buy you a copy of Death Stranding on a future payday I will be happy to make the purchase for you!

And I would highly suggest it yes, I played through it recently on my New 2DS XL (3D makes me a bit sick after a while), and it ran amazing and brought back tons of nostalgia.

Top Bottom