• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

LokusAbriss

Welcome to GAF and the Hideo Kojima community, my fellow porter! :D

Glad to hear that you admire Kojima like the many of us here and it's very interesting to see how you stunned upon Low Roar before Kojima did. I should look more into their discography :)

Radiohead and Kanye West are both my favourite artists of all-time and i hope one day that Kanye gets to visit Kojima Productions and write on the wall of fame!

I still haven't played Death Stranding for several reasons, but I will one day soon, for sure. I'm contemplating on buying Snake Eater 3DS but I may be wasting a bit of money if I do. Any thoughts?

It is a good mobile version. Controls are a bit strange. For on the way a great port, but I sold it shortly with my 3DS.
In my opinion, the best way to play MGS3 would be the One X patched version:

What is he doing there? Why are all those actors and directors meeting at his studio? Is that normal in this industry?

Kojima said that he wants to pursue something with filmmaking and streaming. Maybe something similar to quantum break. A game with parts that are filmed with real actors.

Thank you for welcoming me so kindly, am pleasured to be here with all of you lovely porters! :messenger_sunglasses:
The fact that your real name is Sam makes this that much cooler :messenger_fire:
I can recommend you some of Low Roar's stuff if you ever want that, I can find you the best music of theirs that really is inspired by elements of Radiohead so it will sound new yet familiar to you.
This is great because it's a bit hard for me to delve into a new artist headfirst without some guidance from one of their fans. Amazing to see how influential Radiohead really are, but can you blame them!? The track Kojima used on the first trailer is incredible and I can never forget it to this day. You should read about how Kojima saved that band from financial bankruptcy, amazing story!

I think the two of us are going to get on very well, Kojima, Kanye West and Radiohead are my three idols and Kanye and Radiohead are my two favourite artists! And I would love to see a Kanye x Kojima team up, can just imagine Kanye rocking some Death Stranding inspired Yeezys!
I very much think we will, indeed :) Those 3 shaped my life, tastes, music, and artistic sensibilities more than anyone else in my life and I can't thank them enough for it. YEEZY X DEATH STRANDING would've been so killer if they added the tampering tape aesthetic into the sneaker look! :messenger_smiling_hearts: I hope they do meet one day as well as Radiohead if both artists ever end up touring in Japan!

And if you ever want me to buy you a copy of Death Stranding on a future payday I will be happy to make the purchase for you!
That's incredibly kind of you and I really appreciate the offer! However, I must insist that I don't accept the offer because I'd like to wait for the right time to play it as I'm still exploring other games from the previous generations which I never got to play (i.e. Silent Hill 2 which I played back in 2016). I look forward to playing it one day just like Bart Simpson when he watched the Itchy and Scratchy Movie years later :p

And I would highly suggest it yes, I played through it recently on my New 2DS XL (3D makes me a bit sick after a while), and it ran amazing and brought back tons of nostalgia.
I was hoping you'd say that! I really like how the second screen is utilized which makes it fundamentally different than the console versions. I'll buy it soon then :D I also have the 2DS XL, another common thing we share......

I know the only Me is me. Are you sure the only You is you? :messenger_face_screaming:

It is a good mobile version. Controls are a bit strange. For on the way a great port, but I sold it shortly with my 3DS.
In my opinion, the best way to play MGS3 would be the One X patched version:
I never knew the Xbox One X remastered the game! :O I will still buy the 3DS version because it's a unique version of one of my favourite games of all time! :D The controls are indeed strange though, but I'll get used to it :)

What is he doing there? Why are all those actors and directors meeting at his studio? Is that normal in this industry?

Kojima said that he wants to pursue something with filmmaking and streaming. Maybe something similar to quantum break. A game with parts that are filmed with real actors.
It's definitely not usual in the industry but because Kojima is respected and well liked by the film industry due to his sheer respect for the art form of films, he was able to get in contact with some of the best filmmakers of the world.

I believe that one day Kojima will direct a feature film, but I hope he focuses mostly on games because you can make both a game and movie at the same time!

DonJorginho

Banned
The fact that your real name is Sam makes this that much cooler :messenger_fire:

This is great because it's a bit hard for me to delve into a new artist headfirst without some guidance from one of their fans. Amazing to see how influential Radiohead really are, but can you blame them!? The track Kojima used on the first trailer is incredible and I can never forget it to this day. You should read about how Kojima saved that band from financial bankruptcy, amazing story!

I very much think we will, indeed :) Those 3 shaped my life, tastes, music, and artistic sensibilities more than anyone else in my life and I can't thank them enough for it. YEEZY X DEATH STRANDING would've been so killer if they added the tampering tape aesthetic into the sneaker look! :messenger_smiling_hearts: I hope they do meet one day as well as Radiohead if both artists ever end up touring in Japan!

That's incredibly kind of you and I really appreciate the offer! However, I must insist that I don't accept the offer because I'd like to wait for the right time to play it as I'm still exploring other games from the previous generations which I never got to play (i.e. Silent Hill 2 which I played back in 2016). I look forward to playing it one day just like Bart Simpson when he watched the Itchy and Scratchy Movie years later :p

I was hoping you'd say that! I really like how the second screen is utilized which makes it fundamentally different than the console versions. I'll buy it soon then :D I also have the 2DS XL, another common thing we share......

I know the only Me is me. Are you sure the only You is you? :messenger_face_screaming:

When it was revealed that the characters name was Sam my hype went through the roof as it was essentially my favourite game creator making a game with my name in it, and that made the game feel way more immersive if you get me as it felt like I was really in the world?

And if you ever want to know what tracks just let me know and I will shoot a few over from each of their albums, and yes I read that story it was heartwarming and amazing, did you find that story in the past of how a few Kojima fans were integral to the start of his studio?

And same here man, those three made my life so much better and shaped the way I see things and my creative drive, I work on producing and making my own music and have worked on multiple edit albums of Kanye releases, recently I did an entire Jesus Is King extended cut with my own interludes, production and mixing changes and adding parts from OG Leaks.

And well if you ever want a copy the offer stands my friend! and Radiohead love Japan as does Kanye so I can see it happen one day, I am still yet to visit Japan but is on my bucketlist to do by 2023.

I get you there for sure with exploring other generations, I am about to start my endeavour into the Yakuza series tomorrow with 0 after hearing so many great things and loving what I have seen and read about it, and after that I have Nier Automata to play through!

And yes man the way the 2DS XL utilises the second screen is great and adds more immersion to the experience, obviously visuals and frame rate won't be as good as the XB1 X version shown by someone on the thread but the ability to play it handheld sells it for me.

And another thing we share indeed!

And also, nice reference my friend, just realised that Bloodied Bag and Bridge Baby have the same abbreviations :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
RUMOURS ARE STATING THAT KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS HAS BEEN ACQUIRED BY SONY PLEASE BE TRUEEEEEEEEEE
OV7MZZd.jpg

OV7MZZd.jpg

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I would not be surprised if Kojima wants his studio to stay alive!

He could use Sony Pictures to fund his movie projects and not depend on sales anymore to drive his studio profits.

But what made you suddenly say this!? Was there a recent leak or something??

A few youtube channels that cover PS news are saying it will be a big announcement at a PS Reveal and is linked to the low sales DS got and is going to be the start of a long term partnership I would guess if it ends up happening.

A few youtube channels that cover PS news are saying it will be a big announcement at a PS Reveal and is linked to the low sales DS got and is going to be the start of a long term partnership I would guess if it ends up happening.
The low sales of DS is what gave Sony a good leverage to buy Kojima Productions. tbh.

Kudos to them for acquiring possibly the most creative game studio outside of Media Molecule!

-Arcadia-

Banned
And now I’ve been bitten by the MGS 3D bug. 😋

I kind of want to play it. I love 3DS. I love MGS. Why haven’t I made this happen?

I guess the framerate (which was lower) kind of scared me off. That said, I’d love to see what the jungle looks like in 3D, and see how the added crouch-walking affects the game. That was actually kind of a sticking point when I tried to play MGS3 after MGS5, so maybe that could be really cool.

Not sure if it still exists, but there was an MGS 3D demo years ago. I’m going to grab it and give it a shot, maybe?

And now I’ve been bitten by the MGS 3D bug. 😋

I kind of want to play it. I love 3DS. I love MGS. Why haven’t I made this happen?

I guess the framerate (which was lower) kind of scared me off. That said, I’d love to see what the jungle looks like in 3D, and see how the added crouch-walking affects the game. That was actually kind of a sticking point when I tried to play MGS3 after MGS5, so maybe that could be really cool.

Not sure if it still exists, but there was an MGS 3D demo years ago. I’m going to grab it and give it a shot, maybe?
Welcome back! Where have you been these days!?
HWaQd6Z.png

I read its a fantastic port especially if you have the nEw 3DS/2DS. I didn't buy it just yet, but I may because of the novelty of playing that masterpiece in a different way :D

Let me know if you find the Demo for it and give us your impressions here!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Welcome back! Where have you been these days!?
HWaQd6Z.png

I read its a fantastic port especially if you have the nEw 3DS/2DS. I didn't buy it just yet, but I may because of the novelty of playing that masterpiece in a different way :D

Let me know if you find the Demo for it and give us your impressions here!

There is a demo!

I played a little bit of it, and I’m not sure what to think. The biggest thing is that we’ve gotten used to MGS3 as a 60 FPS game with the remasters. This is much, much lower, even under the PS2 version.

3D looks cool, and the visuals are an interesting mixed bag of better and worse.

I’d recommend you try it for yourself, but between that and the controls. I felt like I was kind of fighting the 3DS to have the MGS3 experience. I don’t know. Parts were really cool. I’ll have to spend a little more time with it.

There is a demo!

I played a little bit of it, and I’m not sure what to think. The biggest thing is that we’ve gotten used to MGS3 as a 60 FPS game with the remasters. This is much, much lower, even under the PS2 version.

3D looks cool, and the visuals are an interesting mixed bag of better and worse.

I’d recommend you try it for yourself, but between that and the controls. I felt like I was kind of fighting the 3DS to have the MGS3 experience. I don’t know. Parts were really cool. I’ll have to spend a little more time with it.
I guess the novelty may wear off as you play more :(

How's the second screen like:

-Arcadia-

Banned
😋 I still think you should play DS. It gets a lot of crap, and I certainly don’t agree with every design decision that was taken, but there’s a lot of awesome, interesting stuff that was done here. If you love Kojima, he has poured himself into this game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Probably covered already but Kojima top 5 films of 2019:

1. Parasite (Korean)
2. Border (Swedish)
3. The Irishman (American)
4. A Elephant Sitting Still (Chinese)
5. Cold War (Polish)

He's got taste in film. Can't argue against that.

Top Bottom