• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

Tschumi

Yeah, I've rekindled my love for this man after realizing how old he really is and how inspiring that is to me, personally.

I'm grateful for this community thread (special thanks to DGrayson DGrayson ) and since we've reached our 500th post, I'd like to post this special and rare insight from Hideo himself:

"Before he was a creator"

He was gestating.

"It was great, i woke up every morning to a soft red sunrise, and i saw the world as a pink cutscene through the soft tones of my PlayStation Mum, she watched a lot of Hollywood action flicks and ate Calorie Mate"

Cutty Flam

Banned
ValiantTraveler ValiantTraveler or MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima or Tesseract Tesseract

What did Hideo Kojima contribute to Silent Hill when it was in development? I couldn't find any information on what he did in Silent Hill besides the wikipedia page that stated his company Kojima Productions was involved? I've never played a Kojima game in my life, but wanted to read and learn about his genius from other posters here. I was under the impression the entire time that he was a key contributor to the game Silent Hill in some way, but I think I might have read wrong and that he was only involved in a game called Silent Hills, a remake / reboot of some sort?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam Kojima was involved in the development of Silent Hills, a reboot of the series that got canned after a demo was released. He was never involved in previous Silent Hill games as far as I know.

This video summarizes everything you need to know about Silent Hills:

That’s a good video, very informative. I can’t believe they scrapped the idea and project entirely just because they weren’t as fully organized as they should have been. I would have worked with Kojima, he could have turned things around. But I guess Konami execs had different plans ahead and weren’t willing to exercise any patience?

Seems like Hideo Kojima suffered some very disappointing blows from Konami but I think he made the right decision to leave them in the dust. His vision is greater; mobile gaming is never going to take the place of the traditional style where one and others can experience and enjoy a game on a large screen tv or modem I guess if you’re a pc gamer

I heard mixed things about Death Stranding but it interests me. I hope one day it comes to the Switch lol

That’s a good video, very informative. I can’t believe they scrapped the idea and project entirely just because they weren’t as fully organized as they should have been. I would have worked with Kojima, he could have turned things around. But I guess Konami execs had different plans ahead and weren’t willing to exercise any patience?

Seems like Hideo Kojima suffered some very disappointing blows from Konami but I think he made the right decision to leave them in the dust. His vision is greater; mobile gaming is never going to take the place of the traditional style where one and others can experience and enjoy a game on a large screen tv or modem I guess if you’re a pc gamer

I heard mixed things about Death Stranding but it interests me. I hope one day it comes to the Switch lol
Konami gave up on many of its franchises like Suikoden. Frankly I’m a bit surprised they let Metal Gear go on long enough for us to get 4, Portable Ops, Peace Walker and V.

I plan to get Death Stranding somewhere down the line, I think it’s the kind of game that you have to know what you’re getting into beforehand do that you “get it” and avoid disappointment.

Edit: it’s been one year already since Death Stranding came out.

Last edited:

Outlier

After wasting 130 hours of Death Stranding I finally realized that Kojima is a bad story tell and bad with financial distribution.

The story of DS was poorly presented with way too much talking and almost no showing and very little player engagement.

It's also very clear that a huge amount of the money went to buying celebrity actors, which most likely ended up taking away from the story presentation.

I feel that Konami made the correct choice in firing him, after experiencing DS.

Don't get me wrong. Kojima is visionary and somehow manages to create games that tell stories that can be compared to real life current events (years later), but visions don't guarantee good outcomes.

EDIT: Grammer and correcting structure.

Last edited:
After wasting 130 hours of Death Stranding I finally realized that Kojima is a bad story tell and bad with financial distribution.

The story of DS was poorly presented with way too much talking and almost no showing and very little player engagement.

It's also very clear that a huge amount of the money went to buying celebrity actors, which most likely ended up taking away from the story presentation.

I feel that Konami made the correct choice in firing him, after experiencing DS.

Don't get me wrong. Kojima is visionary and somehow manages to create games that tell stories that can be compared to real life current events (years later), but visions don't guarantee good outcomes.

EDIT: Grammer and correcting structure.
SHUT
IRjdhni.gif

THE
IRjdhni.gif

FUCK
IRjdhni.gif

UP!!!!
IRjdhni.gif

Top Bottom