• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima IGN interview

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
artb.jpg

Wow that's starting to look a bit outdated.

Remember when we all thought Spirits Within was cutting edge?

Tcab96

So what are the chances a horror game that isn't SIlent Hill, but similar to PT starring Norman Reedus being made now?

Boke1879

Sony were smart to snatch him up quickly and I kinda figured he would do a smaller scale game. A game where they can focus all their talents and hopefully something that doesn't take too long.

Really can't wait to see what he comes up with. I'm sure he's had tons of ideas swimming around in his head.

He's right though. I'm sure so many different publishers have been giving him offers. I doubt they'll ever lack for work

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hideo Kojima said:
I’ll keep creating games until the day I die. Rest assured I’m making more games, something more fun, something you haven’t seen, and it would be great if I could count on the fans to support me in this.

You have my axe.

Alienous

So what are the chances a horror game that isn't SIlent Hill, but similar to PT starring Norman Reedus being made now?

I think Kojima's goal is to establish a flagship IP, one to surpass Metal Gear itself, so that along with his comments regarding wanting to work with Del Toro in the future make me think the horror game is on the backburner.

I'm sort of expecting a Sci-Fi stealth action game now. Metal Gear on future crack.

It's a shame the Fox Engine is trapped for eternity with Konami. I think at this point Kojima would be best served with UE4. The time and effort needed to create another engine as impressive as the Fox Engine would be massive and probably more trouble than it'd be worth.

Boke1879

Just hearing him say "its the kind of environment I need right now" speaks volumes to what it meant for him working at Konami especially in these last years.

AAMARMO

Banned
Hopefully his next game is like ground zero setting and story but much darker and taboo that he promises in TPP.

Top Bottom