• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima IGN interview

RexNovis

Banned
k69isik.png

k7yfsd1.png

These two make me really happy. He deserves to be comfortable and have a supportive environment. I'm really happy for him after all the bullshit he has had to deal with.

Tankard

Great to hear from Kojima and his passion to still create games.

Also love the fact that he signed a deal with Sony and will have the freedom to do whatever he wants and still release his game on PC, this industry needs Kojima and his work to be as sucessfull as possible.

gogogow

Is Shuyo Murata still at Konami? He is the co-writer for the MGS series for like 15 years. So Kojima and him must be pretty close.

Breakage

The 3D era games that put Kojima on the map were (with the exception of MGS2: Substance, Peace Walker, MGSV and PC ports) released exclusively on Sony platforms, so this new partnership doesn't shock me at all.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this studio.

Xpliskin

Ah so it was his preference to go with Sony.

He declined MS and other publishers.

I'd bet Bethesda tried too.

But Sony is where his heart lies.

Tankard

These words are very telling. You can tell he wanted to go somewhere he knew he would be respected and valued.

Also the freedom of creation.
I bet others would see the feedback of people on P.T. and want him to work on that immediately, i doubt that even if this is indeed what he is going to do next, Sony is making him do it, he will pitch his ideas and see where they find a project.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He's starting small, I like it! I found MGSV too big sometimes. Something more intimate would be great.

Lingitiz

Ah so it was his preference to go with Sony.

He declined MS and other publishers.

I'd bet Bethesda tried too.

But Sony is where his heart lies.

Logically Sony was always the right choice, even above third party pubs that would have put in a higher bid. I suspect MS made him a similar offer, but considering the familiarity with Sony publishing on his end it was a no brainer.

The negotiation of the PC release sounds definitely like a result of Sony budging on a competitive offer by MS. MS undoubtedly would have let him do a Steam release which although Sony is beginning to dabble in, is not something that has been historically true of games with SCE branding.

Is Shuyo Murata still at Konami? He is the co-writer for the MGS series for like 15 years. So Kojima and him must be pretty close.

Still unknown at this point. His last personal tweet was in October and his last activity at all on Twitter was when he retweeted something from Kojima about a book that he was currently reading. That was earlier this month. But he was part of KojiPro at Konami, so I doubt he stayed around.

Sony was obvious choice. Wouldnt have been shocked if he did go with Nintendo because its frickin Nintendo but Sony and Kojima got history and even outside of that Sony is all about that creative freedom.

Any idea of more Kojima Productions people are making the jump?

Who is that guy who did every english demo for MGSV? Is he coming. I will miss that guys voice if he isnt.

some awesome stuff in that interview. what came to mind immediately for me though was...oh my god if they made an animated feature with Shinkawa art *dies*

gogogow

Still unknown at this point. His last personal tweet was in October and his last activity at all on Twitter was when he retweeted something from Kojima about a book that he was currently reading. That was earlier this month. But he was part of KojiPro at Konami, so I doubt he stayed around.

Well, not everyone left, so the people who wanted to stay are most likely absorbed into other teams, no? I wonder if Konami wants him to helm the new MGS games. He is one of the few big names attached to the MGS franchise. The other three of course already left.

Raist

Banned
Apples and oranges. There isn't animosity between From and Sony.

If Kojima made a game very similar to ZoE with a completely different name, Konami couldn't do fuck all about it. I mean otherwise there would be lawsuits left and right in the gaming industry.

Top Bottom