• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima is depressed that MGSV won't be as good as GTAV

duckroll

Yes. I feel like being Kotaku today. Sue me. :)

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/355151185570828289
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/355151262192381953

Hideo Kojima's Amazing Twitter said:
"GTA V" new trailer was awesome! This free control is future of the game, way higher than anywhere, makes me depress as matter fact. I don't think our "V" can reach that level. Rockstar's team are the best. W/o question they will pull up the possibility of game.

It's over. Rockstar > Kojima Productions. West > Japan. Pacific Rim > Anime. GTAV > MGSV. He threw in the towel before the games are even out. That's the mark of a true visionary. He just KNOWS he lost. #amirite #lol #troll #whatever

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, I just read this on Twitter. Dude is way too humble sometimes.

Noi

I was reading that just now and wondered when the GAF thread would pop up. Thank you duckroll.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hideo Kojima - A visionary robbed of his future

Zee-Row

Banned
MGSV looks pretty fantastic. I don't know why Kojima would say something like that. I wonder if that would piss of Konami?

Fjordson

While GTA V is my most anticipated game basically ever, don't despair Kojima. MGS V is the only other game that even comes close. Both V's are going to be dope beyond all beleif.

Gold_Loot

He said something similar after seeing The Division didn't he? He seems really humbled and pessimistic these days.

MGS VI to have three playable Snakes.

dAtcCfH.gif

A MGS game doesn't have to have GTA's open-worldness.

Stop being a baby Kojima, the Metal Gear series is one of the most well renowned out there and top notch in quality.

HeelPower

why am I almost 1000% that MGSV will be way better than GTAV ?..Never be a fan of GTA anyway and nothing about that trailer excited me.

iammeiam

Now I really want to know what Kojima thinks about Saints Row.

Those tweets would make some nice back-of-the-box quotes for Rockstar, though.

MormaPope

Banned
why am I almost 1000% that MGSV will be way better than GTAV ?..Never be a fan of GTA anyway and nothing about that trailer excited me.

I hope videogame editors adapt your scale of betterness. Madden 25 is 230% better than Madden 99, but only 87% better than madden 13.

injurai

Banned

I think it's tight gameplay design and narrative will win me over. That said GTAV looks to be the most ambitious and visionary game ever attempted.

Top Bottom