• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima reviews PACIFIC RIM, "the ultimate otaku film"

gillty

Banned
Is this a joke. Maybe he's married to my girl Rinko.

f4671b689c5e11e2b85522000a9e28f2_7.jpg
She's in this movie?

Now I have to see it, great actress.

Oh sorry, was just casually perusing some anime (cartoons from Japan) content on youtube!
I'm such a nerd xD
Go Goku!

Say what you will about Kanye, but he's a pretty unapologetic anime fan. He's got a 4-foot-tall model of a Zaku from Gundam in his living room, and he attempted to get the rights to Akira so he could use footage from it in his music videos.

I imagine it would be something akin to a roaster chicken, but taste like taco.

What kind of taco we talkin'? I'm game so long as it has Mexican rice in it. The butter might kind of ruin the flavor though :/

Wait, what were se talking about again?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Say what you will about Kanye, but he's a pretty unapologetic anime fan. He's got a 4-foot-tall model of a Zaku from Gundam in his living room, and he attempted to get the rights to Akira so he could use footage from it in his music videos.

That's pretty cool, then.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have a hard time comparing this to Gundam though. To me the important thing about Gundam was the war aspect with tons of characters getting killed off. The mechs were just a backdrop to that story and a way for the characters to fight.

Zone of the Enders franchise is terrible

What good mech games are out there? I've played hawken, any others?

Heyyy, there's that word that the internet doesn't know what it means.

I'm pretty sure Terrible in internet-speak is; "something that is not really your type of thing and that you didn't really enjoy at the time"

Neiteio

I have a hard time comparing this to Gundam though. To me the important thing about Gundam was the war aspect with tons of characters getting killed off. The mechs were just a backdrop to that story and a way for the characters to fight.
I've only seen Gundam Wing in its entirety, but PacRim kind of reminds me of it with the different nations each sending their own mech. (They were colonies in Gundam Wing, but they still had dat ethnic flava)

mujun

So pumped for this movie. I'm looking for the first action movie that makes me want to actually buy a blu ray.

sflufan

Banned
I'm a little apprehensive about the acting, to be honest, but we'll see. Hard to tell from the out-of-context clips whether this movie is best taken as a cheesy adventure movie/anime.

There is zero doubt in my mind that the acting is going to be mind-meltingly awful.

However, if you're going to see a film about GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING GIANT ALIEN MONSTERS for the acting, then I suggest you seek professional assistance.

Neiteio

So pumped for this movie. I'm looking for the first action movie that makes me want to actually buy a blu ray.
One of the reason I got a PS3 was because I wanted a Blu-ray player for the last two del Toro films, Hellboy II and Pan's Labyrinth. DAT TEXTURE. DEM COLORS.

ctothej

From one film director to another.

Kanye said it was good too but that guy is a goof who made a bad album recently.

I know everyone here hates Metacritic, but there's a reason the album got incredibly high review scores. I had to listen to it a couple times, but once it sinks it it becomes one of the best albums he's made.

EDIT: Bound 2 keeps being brought up, but if you haven't heard the album check out Blood on the Leaves.

Also relevant: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...nd-how-pre-release-tracking-becomes-a-weapon/

God bless you, Wario.

Kojima likes 2001? My favorite film!

One of my top 10 faves as well! Internet high five!

Movie looks like a B movie

Why is Kojima nuts over this?

"Looks" is a dangerous word. Shaun of the Dead "looks" like a B-grade parody judging by its trailer, while it's actually one of the best comedy/horror movies in the last two decades.

chrono01

This is the movie I'm most excited for this year, and the fact that it's only a week or so away makes it even more-so.

I don't expect a super-interesting story [although I could be pleasantly surprised], but if the action is even half as good as seen in the trailer, I will not be disappointed.

It looks like so much fun to watch, and showcases the scale of these "giant robots" perfectly.

In short:

ibnukMRRHSXbYw.gif

Top Bottom