• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Shares Detailed Timeline of Death Stranding’s Origins

Handy Fake

739730.jpg
Sweet holy Moses. I'm not sleeping tonight.

mckmas8808

Banned
Well, just started MGSV last night, and I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. I thought it was going to be like Splinter Cell, I had no idea as to this Marvel universe stuff. (is any of this going to make sense?)

Absolutely! Until you get 85% complete then it makes less sense. But enjoy the ride. It's a fun one.

MadYarpen

Well, just started MGSV last night, and I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. I thought it was going to be like Splinter Cell, I had no idea as to this Marvel universe stuff. (is any of this going to make sense?)
To some extent haha;) I also had some WTF moments when playing this.

Javthusiast

Banned
MGS is my fav game series. I was looking forward to mgsv since the phantom pain reveal trailer, where it wasn't even marketed as mgs. Was my most hyped game ever, all the trailers were amazing. Then the game came out and disappointed me with how thin and barely there the story was. Lame Kiefer, Skullface and overall lack of good old mgs cutscenes of earlier titles was a letdown...

Still spend 100 hrs with that thing cause gameplay was so addicting, lol.

Mista

Banned
MGS is my fav game series. I was looking forward to mgsv since the phantom pain reveal trailer, where it wasn't even marketed as mgs. Was my most hyped game ever, all the trailers were amazing. Then the game came out and disappointed me with how thin and barely there the story was. Lame Kiefer, Skullface and overall lack of good old mgs cutscenes of earlier titles was a letdown...

Still spend 100 hrs with that thing cause gameplay was so addicting, lol.
Kojima always delivers when it comes to gameplay I'll give him that

keLetoN

Neo Member
I don't know how many of you guys are creative and/or game professionals, but as you gain experience and create, you become faster, more efficient. The more resources you have, the easier your job becomes. You can experiment while still producing at a very high level.

Look at any seasoned artist or designer in any field, you aren't paying them for the time spent on the current project, but the time and experience they've obtained all the way until now. KojiPro team can probably design games in this type of timeframe for the rest of their lives and they'll probably all be very original, and creative. That's just how they roll. It's kind of like how EA and Activision hired devs are able to churn out annual releases, it becomes routine. It's what they know and how they know how to work.

keLetoN

Neo Member
Have you played any previous Metal Gear game? If not, then GG.

Iorv3th

You meant in DS case or Kojima in general not building engines? Because if it’s the latter then you’re wrong right there

Yes I meant in DS case. As he had to build the fox engine for MSG5 and then also make it accessible for other games as konami used it for stuff like PES.

With DS he is using a different engine (decima) and just building his game within that engine instead of having to create the engine to build his game in. Cuts down a lot on development time that way.

Top Bottom