• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Talks About What He’d Like to Create in 2020

Mista

Banned
HideoKojima.jpg

With 2019 and the release of Death Stranding in the past, Hideo Kojima is ready to think about what he’d like to do in 2020.

The prolific creator of Metal Gear Solid took to Twitter to express his creative wishes for the new year.

It’s worth clarifying that the original Japanese version of the second tweet also mentions conventional games (or game, as usual Japanese doesn’t include clear indicators for plural and singular) alongside brand new entertainment.

Incidentally, it looks like this is going to be a lucky year for Kojima-san. He did Hatsumode (the first shrine visit of the year in Japanese tradition) and drew an omikuji, which is a written fortune that you can find at local shrines and temples.

The first omikuji drawn during Hatsumode is said to set the tone for the whole year, and it was a “Daikichi,” which means “Great Blessing.” It’s the best result you can get.

Bakkus

I'd be interested in a movie or a tv show directed by Kojima. I really think it could have potential with his way of telling stories. Dude genuinely has great ideas.
Absolutely no movie studio will give him the money and creative control he would need. Not even his Hollywood friends could help him enough with that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Whatever game he makes I hope next time it would have original character designs, having celebrities as character is a complete turn off for me.

Mista

Banned
Whatever game he makes I hope next time it would have original character designs, having celebrities as character is a complete turn off for me.
I hope for that too. Yoji is a legend and we all know that by now and at the same time I can’t deny that I was impressed by the performance of the characters in the game too.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I hope for that too. Yoji is a legend and we all know that by now and at the same time I can’t deny that I was impressed by the performance of the characters in the game too.
I’m sure they had great performance but for me having original character designs is just better.

This might be my personal issue but when I see the main character in Death Stranding, I don’t see the character in that world, I only see the guy who played in Walking Dead TV series and it just takes me out of the entire experience.

Mista

Banned
I’m sure they had great performance but for me having original character designs is just better.

This might be my personal issue but when I see the main character in Death Stranding, I don’t see the character in that world, I only see the guy who played in Walking Dead TV series and it just takes me out of the entire experience.
I also prefer original characters but having celebrities in a great game won’t make me miss out on a great experience. Because that’s very stupid

Danjin44

I also prefer original characters but having celebrities in a great game won’t make me miss out on a great experience. Because that’s very stupid
Well that’s no different than people who don’t like a game because it has anime artstyle it matter of taste. Also if the story is big selling point here I need to believe those characters are part of that world but having famous celebrities as characters just breaks all that for me.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Wasnt there going to be a DLC for Death Stranding?

Coming at the same time as PC releases in the summer?

If so that means he wasnt done with death stranding

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I haven't seen anything about DLC, do you have any source?

As Death Stranding just launched today in North America, there has been a rumor going around online claiming that there might be a Death Stranding DLC expansion coming.

According to okdaydreamer from Reddit, citing a fairly “credible source”, a Death Stranding DLC will be released in the summer of 2020 to coincide with the Death Stranding PC port coming to Steam. The reddit user has also said that the expansion will be called September-1998, and that it will include a raid mode of some kind. The rumored DLC expansion will be a paid expansion and it will continue where the story left off.

Since we have received our review copy late, we haven’t even seen the ending yet or know if it truly indeed ended with a cliff hanger. Since this is just a rumor, it’s hard to take this seriously and all fans should take the information with a grain of salt.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Steam:

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes an all-new, genre-defying experience.

Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the disconnected remnants of our future in his hands, he embarks on a journey to reconnect the shattered world one step at a time.

Starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux, and Lindsay Wagner.
Death Stranding is available now for the PlayStation 4, with the PC version coming sometime in the Summer of 2020. Check back with us in a few days for our review coverage of Death Stranding. Stay tuned.

If at some point there will be indeed a Death Stranding DLC expansion, we’ll definitely let you know.

Last edited:

Terenty

As Death Stranding just launched today in North America, there has been a rumor going around online claiming that there might be a Death Stranding DLC expansion coming.

According to okdaydreamer from Reddit, citing a fairly “credible source”, a Death Stranding DLC will be released in the summer of 2020 to coincide with the Death Stranding PC port coming to Steam. The reddit user has also said that the expansion will be called September-1998, and that it will include a raid mode of some kind. The rumored DLC expansion will be a paid expansion and it will continue where the story left off.

Since we have received our review copy late, we haven’t even seen the ending yet or know if it truly indeed ended with a cliff hanger. Since this is just a rumor, it’s hard to take this seriously and all fans should take the information with a grain of salt.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Steam:

Death Stranding is available now for the PlayStation 4, with the PC version coming sometime in the Summer of 2020. Check back with us in a few days for our review coverage of Death Stranding. Stay tuned.

If at some point there will be indeed a Death Stranding DLC expansion, we’ll definitely let you know.

I see, thanks

Top Bottom