• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima tweets: "What I prepared minutely spending a year became meaningless."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
iLYCe.png

tshDl.png

http://twitter.com/#!/hideo_kojima_en

Note: Peace Walker released one year ago, so anything he was making game wise would presumably have been in development for a year.

Note 2: The Kojima/Suda51 adventure game also started one year ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401476

---

Rentahamster said:
Kojima_Hideo 小島秀夫
1年かけて精緻に準備したものが、意味のないものになった。
20 hours ago
小島秀夫

=

The thing that I spent one year delicately preparing became meaningless

Kojima_Hideo 小島秀夫
やりきれなくて、なかなか前向きにはなれない。
21 hours ago

=

I can't take it anymore (this is unbearable), I can't say positive.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Nothing big. He started growing 'shrooms a year ago, and just the other day he discovered that the other guys at Konami had stolen them to get their fix before this year's Konami E3 conference.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Nirolak said:
Presumably.

Peace Walker released a year ago, so anything he started after that would have been a year in development.
It sounds like Konami rejected the prototype he'd been working on for a year.

Kojima jumping ship announcement incoming soon.

If it's something outside of the MGS universe then screw Konami, this is why we can't have good things.

If it was another mgs title then meh whatever. He probably has 3 others greenlit anyways.

Spaulding

Maybe he was working on a PS3 version of Peace Walker and now Konami decided to release the game as a PSP remastered version?

Zeal

Banned
Mr_Brit said:

I have always seen it reasonable for Kojima to head his own independent studio. Probably inevitable.

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn.

I swear to god, if it was some sort of spiritual successor to Snatcher / Policenauts or Z.O.E. 3 then Konami can get to fuck.

Carl

Spaulding said:
Maybe he was working on a PS3 version of Peace Walker and now Konami decided to release the game as a PSP remastered version?

starok said:
The PSP remasters announcement ruined his surprise of peace walker coming to ps3

This is along the lines of what i was thinking, also

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unknown Soldier said:
So, I guess it's official that MGS: Rising has been canceled now? Was Kojima ever really involved in that project?
That's been in development for well over a year and Kojima wasn't involved, so this would seemingly not be related to Rising.

[Nintex]

Mr_Brit said:
Could be, he'd take half of the company with him and sign with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Activision or Zenimax for infinite money.

Carl said:
This is along the lines of what i was thinking, also
I think he'd be pretty positive about more people playing his game. Shit gets cancelled all the time but he 'cannot be positive' so whatever it is it must've hit him pretty hard.

Doesn't sound positive. Taboo project under fire at Konami? Really want to see a new Kojima IP this gen, hopefully he can get some more details out about what he is talking about.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Leave Konami.

Join Platinum.

Expand size.

Become God company of forever.

Mr_Brit said:

If that's the case, Sony need to swoop the fuck in and put him in charge of game development at a newly created Japanese studio.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Xater said:
He should join Tango. I want a Mikami/Kojima production!

The taint of Bethesda will do more harm than good to Mikami.

Gravijah said:
Then ZOE and Snatcher would be left to rot even more. :'(

ALREADY DEAD

starok said:
The PSP remasters announcement ruined his surprise of peace walker coming to ps3

He seems too disappointed for it to be related to that. This does sound like it's related to the taboo project. The way he's talked about it made it sound like some game that was really ouT, so it wouldn't be too shocking if Konami didn't greenlight it

"The project plan still hasn't reached a detailed level, but everything is advancing simultaneously in my head. Title, game design, story, characters, setting research, the mech that appear, casting, graphic direction, sound, beginning and ending, the major story sequences. It comes together naturally in my head."

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo," he wrote. "If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good." Kojima has since offered no other details about the project through his Twitter feed (though he apparently did have Chinese food for lunch).

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/...ws/6258116/kojimas-next-project-will-be-taboo

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Colasante

This definitely sounds negative, but Kojima has always been extremely coy and well media-trained and has total knowledge of the implications of everything he says, so I don't imagine he would drop a bomb like this through Twitter, no matter how bummed out he may be. Also, the fact that this was posted on his English Twitter account, not just the personal Japanese account that I believe he runs himself, makes me think that Konami or someone in his PR department must have vetted the tweet before sending it out. I'm really hoping he didn't waste a year of his life on a project that will never see the light of day.

Spaulding said:
If he was making an extended version with extra content for NGP/PS3 I can see the Remaster announcement messing up their plans. But surely Sony would have filled Konami in on this a long time ago?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
RurouniZel said:
Kojima should join Nintendo. The meltdowns would be epic. XD

Sakurai + Kojima.

My head would explode.

Top Bottom