• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Will Make an “Important Announcement” Tomorrow

What if it's a PC release of Ground Zeroes with a mission editor and mod support ? That would be some serious shit. It would add tons of replay value.

Mr. RHC

EFvptYl.gif
/thread

Holy shit.. Holyyy ..

takoyaki

The whole "Hideo Kojima" thing has just been 50+ years of performance art, tomorrow Joakim Mogren will come clean and enter the Guinness Book of World Records.

calling it now

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Metal Gear & Metal Gear: Solid Snake Remake in Fox Engine. Snake voiced by David Hayter.

(Did Hayter tweeted something suspicious?)

Goddamn that'd be awful. Unless they completely remade the game with the GZ engine and controls.
And rewrote the whole story.
And changed every level after the first chapter to not be complete garbage.

Maybe this is a lost cause.
An MGS4 remake with Hayter replaced by Kiefer Sutherland as Old Snake and Richard Doyle replaced by Donald Sutherland as Big Boss.

robotrock

Banned
I can't deal with any of this teasing anymore. I remember being really hyped for that Game Trailers TV PS4 launch event and the "big" MGS announcement was just the Déjà vu mission.

R-User!

It'll be a neat announcement that will be very exciting for a lot of fans.

It won't be earth shattering (no ZOE, no Snatcher, no MGS1 remake), please curtail your hype trains accordingly.

I don't want this to turn into another version of the PS4 release performance.

David Hayter confirmed; thank you ToraShiro! :)

Batzi

Banned
I can't deal with any of this teasing anymore. I remember being really hyped for that Game Trailers TV PS4 launch event and the "big" MGS announcement was just the Déjà vu mission.

E3 is just around the corner. If nothing exciting from the announcement comes tomorrow, I am sure that E3 trailer should make up for it! Here's hoping Kojima can outdo the red band trailer from last year's E3!

Batzi

Banned
David Hayter confirmed; thank you ToraShiro! :)

That would be earth shattering actually and no way he would be announcing his return like that through a podcast. He has to pull another Joakim Mogren on us or anything of that caliber if he wants to tease Hayter.

fvng

What? The Deja Vu mission on the PS version was AMAZING.

I initially thought the Playstation version of GZ got the short end of the stick because the Xbox version got a Raiden mission, but after watching the Raiden mission on youtube, I'm so glad that's not the extra ops version I got.

Watching Cyborg Ninja Raiden use a tranq gun instead of a sword is a fucking blasphemy. What a waste.

R-User!

I don't know, given the fanbase's vocal obsession over David Hayter I think that would fall under "earth shattering news". Plus I think it's being announced on the japanese podcast, whatever it is.

That makes sense.

But a man can dream can't he?!

Edit: but he does sort of qualify "earth shattering" as a remake or new game; and announcing that David Hayter will reprise his role would definitely be "something neat that would please a lot of fans".

But who am I kidding, if Hayter does reprise it will almost certainly be best executed if his reveal is "in-game" vs through an announcement a year before the game drops in the U.S.

But financially it would be best to generate hype, and by extension more sales, if he was announced early and shown off in a trailer during E3 me thinks.

That makes sense.

But a man can dream can't he?!
Yeah, I really hope he has some involvement too. But at this stage I think if he does which in itself is unlikely, that would be a secret on the level of Big Boss's appearance in 4. There'll be no "teasing" that or why not do so last year to silence all the backlash? I don't see why they'd keep it a secret until now only to just give in and spill the beans.

R-User!

Yeah, I really hope he has some involvement too. But at this stage I think if he does which in itself is unlikely, that would be a secret on the level of Big Boss's appearance in 4. There'll be no "teasing" that or why not do so last year to silence all the backlash? I don't see why they'd keep it a secret until now only to just give in and spill the beans.

Did you see my edit? ...

Korigama

If there is any other Rising game, I would want it to be Raiden's story before and during MGS4.

And in keeping with MGS4 Chapter naming theme, there could be a chapter called Nanomachines Sun.
For one chapter, perhaps. I'd rather not see them devote the entire game to such a thing, effectively making every new Metal Gear nothing but prequels.

Also, wow at all of these posts hoping for the PS3/360 versions of TPP to be cancelled (more than a little too late to be hoping that would miraculously make for a much more expansive game for next-gen with the older systems accounted for from the beginning and only a year of development left to go).

"The Phantom Pain is a Metal Gear Solid game coming to some consoles near you soon. There will be promotional materials, a fixed price point, and a box with artwork."

What I would want is a PC announcement (MGR for PC was announced in such podcast).
What it will be is some tshirts or goodies I dont care. Torashiro said it'll be something "neat" for fans. It's not the term you use for an announcement on a new platform and that a lot of people wants.

And to be fair, I don't expect a confirmation for PC release until Phantom Pain is released. Yes, confirmation. For a 6 months later release.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Young Solid Snake is in Phantom Pain/Official confirmation of Eli as Liquid.

Please let me be right.

Top Bottom