• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High On Life.... I love it. Anyone else playing this gem?

Topher

Gold Member
I played for about 2 hours.

I'm a fan of Rick and Morty, but the game felt very sloppy. Like it was made in Dreams or something.

Ok....but there's a lot more gameplay than that. Each new gun brings something different and not just in combat, but in level traversal and puzzles. If it isn't for you, though, then it just isn't for you. I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I played for about 2 hours.
Imo this is one of those games that keeps getting better and better the longer you play it.

It's kinda like DOOM Eternal. You have to play for a bit in "meh mode" until you unlock all (or at least part of) the cool shit, like dashing, hovering, sliding, etc. Plus some guns later on are really fun to use while also feeling very powerfull, like the upgraded shotgun which is basically Unreal's flak cannon.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You're making me want to fire it up again for a 2nd run. Need to play it again for a few achievements.
Creature should have been the first unlock. Funniest one, easily. Him during the detective stuff was fucking gold. I already loved the work of the actor. His Netflix show is one of the funniest things ever. His skit about wearing the old man suit in the mall kills me, every single time. “I don’t even want to be around anymore.”

And you can’t go wrong with sloppy steaks.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m not going to 100% my first play through, but I might try. I’m taking my time with it though. This game is best in doses. Just don’t want it to end.

Question about the movie theater. I’ve only done it once. Is it random what is showing?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I’m not going to 100% my first play through, but I might try. I’m taking my time with it though. This game is best in doses. Just don’t want it to end.

Question about the movie theater. I’ve only done it once. Is it random what is showing?
I wish it was. On my game it was just one of the movies. All the rest were on the TV.
Demon Wind, right? I sit there and watched it for a bit.

Shit movie I guess, but I find pretty cool that they took the time to write and record some voices comenting the movie in a cheeky way, made it much more interesting and fun.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Demon Wind, right? I sit there and watched it for a bit.

Shit movie I guess, but I find pretty cool that they took the time to write and record some voices comenting the movie in a cheeky way, made it much more interesting and fun.
I watched the entire thing and had a few beers lol. Did you see the magician kung fu scene lol? And yes, the movie is terrible lol. Takes me back to my childhood renting C-movies from the grocery store.

TintoConCasera

Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.
Totally! Didn't knew about that lol, might check their movie selection when I want to watch something bad.

I watched the entire thing and had a few beers lol. Did you see the magician kung fu scene lol? And yes, the movie is terrible lol. Takes me back to my childhood renting C-movies from the grocery store.
Haha nope, just watched it for like 10 or 15 minutes and bailed out, since watching it was fun but playing the game was even funnier. :goog_relieved:

"magician kung fu scene" sounds like something worth the watch, so I'll look that up. EDIT: Do you mean this??

what the fuck I should have watched the full movie. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom