• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High quality Witcher 3 screenshots (from Elder Blood Trailer)

CDProject released a VERY high bitrate version of the elder blood trailer ( 300 MBit/s Prores HQ)

https://mega.co.nz/#!wY41QD7R!CQdf_E5GVgRr4VoYHH4hSdzKSSZGzQF5WW0gavJBPCM

I made some .png screenshots from this version:

esrb_thewitcher3wildhrpkme.png
esrb_thewitcher3wildhwujsn.png

esrb_thewitcher3wildhnxkr8.png
esrb_thewitcher3wildhjfkoy.png

esrb_thewitcher3wildhlbk5t.png
esrb_thewitcher3wildhdajld.png

esrb_thewitcher3wildh70jcr.png
esrb_thewitcher3wildhoxj4w.png

Seanspeed

Banned
Pretty much as I've been saying - the game will look better than the #massivedowngrade folks think. But it will also not be quite as gorgeous as 'must be Xbox footage' folks think, either.

Character models in general look amazing. Environmental quality doesn't look nearly as high in some areas, though.

Kezen

Banned
Looks incredible. I just hope the game comes with native AF, The Witcher 2 didn't and forcing it via the CP caused weird texture issues on my system.

Denton

Fire effects and some textures will hopefully be more higher-res in final game, other than that it looks great and inline with what we have seen previously.

Gurthang

Banned
They still haven't shown an in-game footage of the game that comes close to the VGX trailer. The 35 minute doesn't look as good as the VGX trailer. And then we get this crappy trailer with graphics even worse than The Witcher 2. To be honest I expected this. No way an open world game would be able to look this good with decent performance on consoles.

Fedelias

They still haven't shown an in-game footage of the game that comes close to the VGX trailer. The 35 minute doesn't look as good as the VGX trailer. And then we get this crappy trailer with graphics even worse than The Witcher 2. To be honest I expected this. No way an open world game would be able to look this good with decent performance on consoles.

I'm playing The Witcher 2 at max right now on my PC, and it doesn't look NEARLY as good as this new trailer.

RedSwirl

Still can't make a great comparison. None of what we see in the Elder Blood trailer is at a gameplay camera angle.

Edit: Looking back through all the trailers now, I'm still not seeing anything I can pinpoint as a definite huge downgrade. That's because really none of the trailers show off the exact same locations as another trailer. Other trailers might show off second-long snippets of Novigrad, but none of it is the same part of Novigrad you see in the 35-minute demonstration under the same lighting conditions. You see the swamp for a second in the VGX trailer but it's still a different part of the swamp from the 35-minute demo. The snow environment from the recent screenshots hasn't been seen in motion at all.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's entirely possible (and likely) some environments in Witcher 3 will simply look noticeably better or worse than others.

Shit's probably not gonna look like that on my 2GB 760 anyway.

Seanspeed

Banned
Look at the textures on the wild hunt armors. The Witcher 2 had way better textures.
That one thing doesn't represent the entire game.

Trust me, this is better looking than Witcher 2. We've seen plenty to confirm that, even disregarding the reveal trailer.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's entirely possible (and likely) some environments in Witcher 3 will simply look noticeably better or worse than others.
Just like TW2.

Denton

I just watched Sword of Destiny trailer and VGX and I really don't see any downgrade.
Just because some textures in Elder Blood trailer are a bit lowres doesn't mean game has been downgraded. They had to prepare the trailer quickly since it wasn't planned until they learnt about Game Awards...screaming doooowngrade is just very premature.

In an earlier trailer there was a guy with a fur coat coat being killed, and the fur moved realistically as he fell to the ground. That's nowhere to be seen, but hope it makes the final cut with the nvidia features.

The characters look like they have twice the texture size compared to the cave wall.

They just need to show gameplay trailers and stop doing so many close up shots. The graphics aren't good enough to showcase that way. This goes for most games.

Vidya games tend to do that.

Even more, they are made up of more than 1 texture. But you don't notice it because the camera is usually not looking at a character then a rock wall 2 feet behind said character.

The ground in that shot looks more detailed than the wall also.

Why do we need a close up of a shoulder? You can see all the seams. Just show Garrett riding a horse and chopping up monsters and enemies

Looks a lot like DA:I. I'm unimpressed.

I want a leap like Lords of the Fallen:

iRFNxB0L3yeb1.png

Look at the terrain and ground.. compared to this:

exX1KV9Ap

Detail of the characters:

Witcher 3:

ibzOQu3NaEVUfM.png

Lords of the Fallen:

ipwLM3dEp

It's not even close.. wtf?

pixlexic

Banned
Looks a lot like DA:I. I'm unimpressed.

I want a leap like Lords of the Fallen:

iRFNxB0L3yeb1.png

Look at the terrain and ground.. compared to this:

exX1KV9Ap

Detail of the characters:

Witcher 3:

ibzOQu3NaEVUfM.png

Lords of the Fallen:

ipwLM3dEp

It's not even close.. wtf?

???

how is lords of the fallen impressive?

Dries

It looks fantastic. Just wait till the game hits and the PC folk can crank up those Ultra settings. Shit will be great.

EDIT: WTH @ above post.. Those TW3 shots look like 1000 times better than Lords of the Fallen.

MetalDeer

The King of the Wild Hunt and his minions are looking pretty bad ass, the designs have come a long way.

Not sure about Geralt, though. Something about him looks weird to me. He looks a little older, but that's not it.

???

how is lords of the fallen impressive?

If you can't tell by the screenshots, then perhaps you need to buy the game and play it. These are PC screenshots with everything set to max (so not downgraded like the console versions). You'll need a 4G VRAM GPU in order to set textures to Very High. You'll notice all the details and the beautiful volume lighting, physics, etc.. right away.

To me, visually, it's the best looking RPG to date. Some aspects even blowing away AC:Unity (i.e. character models in game, physics, and FX).:

eyDLMLeEp

p9CpMxwAp

ipEZhzG9p

idgUkAHWp

Just because it was made by an Indie company doesn't mean it looks inferior to AAA titles.

If you can't tell by the screenshots, then perhaps you need to buy the game and play it. These are PC screenshots with everything set to max (so not downgraded like the console versions). You'll need a 4G VRAM GPU in order to set textures to Very High. You'll notice all the details and the beautiful volume lighting, physics, etc.. right away.

To me, visually, it's the best looking RPG to date. Some aspects even blowing away AC:Unity (i.e. character models in game, physics, and FX).:

https://imageshack.com/i/eyDLMLeEp

https://imageshack.com/i/p9CpMxwAp

https://imageshack.com/i/idgUkAHWp

Just because it was made by an Indie company doesn't mean it looks inferior to AAA titles.

tJaBJjl.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Why do people not accecpt/understand that the OG pics where pc ultra settings? Witcher 3 is still a PC game first and the consoles just can't compete with a up to date high end PC.

Stop hyping obvious pc shots as OMG CONSOLE!!1! screens on release, so these embarrassing downgrade claims will cease.

misho8723

Banned
I think that overall the graphic quality is still pretty high, even on the same level as the VGX or SoD trailer..
But..... they are some rough edges, like some textures (like the ground textures), the snow textures overall, the lack of motion-blur or depth of field effects, 2D explosions, fire effects,..
Otherwise, the textures are really high quality, the Ciri, Yennefer, Geralt, Lambert, etc. models look all great.. Geralt should be looking more pale, but whatever
If some of the texture problems are going to be fixed at launch, that there isn't going to be many complains when it comes to graphics - well, atleast from me :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Yea, I'm really not understanding his regular praise of LoTF's graphics.

Doesn't look bad, but its not anything that wows me.

Why do people not accecpt/understand that the OG pics where pc ultra settings? Witcher 3 is still a PC game first and the consoles just can't compete with a up to date high end PC.

Stop hyping obvious pc shots as OMG CONSOLE!!1! screens on release, so these embarrassing downgrade claims will cease.
We have no idea what sort of settings or even platform the screenshots were taken from.

Its ok to speculate, but dont go pretending to know things you dont.

Top Bottom