• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High School Teacher Found Naked Atop Naked 16 Year Old Boy (Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

Flying_Phoenix said:
If the genders would have been reversed, GAF would be all:

"ZOMG MONSTER MONSTER!"

"BURN AT HIM AT THE STAKE!"

"RAPIST!"

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

Yes, which proves that being male and under 18 can be fucking awesome.

JayDubya

Banned
Suairyu said:
Have you read nothing I have said? She can consent, she just isn't legally allowed. Can you not understand the difference?

On this topic, there is no difference. There can be no difference. Or logically, any limitation is completely meaningless.

A person isn't a allowed to steal, that doesn't mean they can't. Do you get me?

What are you trying to say? No, of course the law does not work like a magical prohibitory force field. A person isn't allowed to rape, but they can, and then they get punished for it.

Rape is sex without consent, not sex without legally approved consent.

If there is a age of consent, then there is no difference, or else there is no age of consent.

And courts never ignore laws, they choose to add context and common sense. Any legal system that applies the letter of the law alone is a failed legal system. It isn't rendering a law pointless, it's merely using it for its intended purpose - the protection of the populace.

I would call arbitrarily ignoring / enforcing a system is more indicative of a systemic failure.

JayDubya said:
If they're not adults, responsible for their actions, then no, they didn't consent because by definition they couldn't.

Actually, by definition, they can:

consent
- 4 dictionary results

con·sent
/kənˈsɛnt/

–verb (used without object)
1. to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often fol. by to or an infinitive): He consented to the proposal. We asked her permission, and she consented.
2. Archaic . to agree in sentiment, opinion, etc.; be in harmony.

–noun
3. permission, approval, or agreement; compliance; acquiescence: He gave his consent to the marriage.
4. agreement in sentiment, opinion, a course of action, etc.: By common consent he was appointed official delegate.
5. Archaic . accord; concord; harmony.

--------------------

13yr old: "Hey, wanna fuck?"
14yr old: "Sure!"

BAM, consent.

Hey You

Mother of two: Bowles, who faces up to 10 year in jail if convicted, is on $50,000 bail - but cannot approach anyone under the age of 18, including her own children
Its not like shes gonna have sex with her own children.

Well there are fucked up people in this world, so you never know.

Suairyu said:
The age of consent is there to protect underage people from being taken advantage of by of much older adults. If you tried to take a 13 year old boy and his 14 year old girlfriend to court and charge them with underaged sex you wouldn't get very far. They consented the sex, even if many would argue they didn't understand what they were doing (in my personal experience, most people know what they're doing by the age of 12. Intellectually, at least).

Just as a note, I believe in California that if both people are underage, they can be charged with a misdemeanor for having sex.

In the UK, where the age of consent is 16, you couldn't even take a 16 year old boy to court for having consensual sex with his 15 year old girlfriend. Nobody would think of it as rape. Consent had been given. They probably wouldn't even actually consider it 'statutory rape', despite the letter of the law. Laws are forever context-based like that.

Would you call that case rape?

Depends what the law says and if there are any Romeo-and-Juliet laws pertaining to it.

Don't use legal logic. Think carefully about what 'rape' means - to force someone to have sex.

We are discussing a legal topic, so that has been what I have been discussing. But I will come back to this concept in a moment, after this:

To extend the question to where I believe you'd next take it - a 13 year old and an 18 year old engaging in sex. Broadly speaking, no. The 18 year old does know better. They are in the position of responsibility to say no. In many cases, despite the 13 year old giving their consent, they are not mature enough to fully comprehend giving that consent. The 18 year old should realise this and say no. That doesn't make it rape if he doesn't act responsibly, it's the term 'statutory rape' - technical rape due to the individual not being able to give consent.

Here we come to the crux of it. Does one person in the scenario know better, and furthermore, do they have some form of authority over the other person?

In the situation we are discussing (a teacher and student), the teacher both knows better and has an authoritative position over the child, which makes it especially offensive.

You said earlier that the laws are there to prevent adults from preying on children, but try really looking into that: why are we worried about them preying on children? The answer is because the adult can manipulate the child into doing something they cannot totally comprehend the consequences of.

This ability to manipulate is only enhanced in situations where one person is an authority figure. Children already look to adults as authority figures but being a teacher or policeman or something is even more established. People in those positions can even more easily manipulate a child into having sex and even "consenting" in your opinion -- but again, that's why you said we have the law there in the first place, right? To avoid this exact situation of an adult preying on a child. I would think you would see that, considering you said yourself that the law should err on the side of caution.

However, you also apparently think that it's "not really rape" for 18 year old's to have sex with 13 year old's if they've convinced them it's a good idea, we may not see eye-to-eye on that. I just can't personally agree with it.

It sounds like you don't believe that convincing somebody to have sex, even if they're unsure but agree to go along with it anyway because you're a person who is older and perhaps an authority figure, is rape.

As a personal note, btw -- beyond the legal stuff -- I don't think it should be anything more than a misdemeanor at worst for two underage people to have sex with each other, and this is typically the case already, so whatever. Beyond that, I would put a 2-year age difference max on sex involving an underage person, to help avoid situations of one person having the ability to manipulate the other person through age-based authority.

Suairyu

Banned
JayDubya said:
I would call arbitrarily ignoring / enforcing a system is more indicative of a systemic failure.
Then you don't understand legal systems, nor what 'ignore' means. Or even 'arbitrarily'. Context is everything. Laws cannot take into account every possible permutation of life and events. It is the role of the courts to interpret the law and enforce it as it best fits the situation.

You ever see I, Robot starring Will Smith? And how all the robots held those three laws to the letter and it resulted in them taking control and enforcing a police state? That's what your advocating by saying law has to be enforced to the letter. Laws are a legal framework, not a writ order.

Never, ever become involved in anything to do with the law because you will be failing your fellow citizens.

timetokill said:
It sounds like you don't believe that convincing somebody to have sex, even if they're unsure but agree to go along with it anyway because you're a person who is older and perhaps an authority figure, is rape.
Oh no, not at all. Coercing someone who is unsure about having sex is a thorny issue even when past the age of consent. It's not rape as I would define it, but it's not great. It's that coercion that the laws of consent are there to prevent.

What if there was no convincing needed? What if the 13 year old was the one who wanted it?

For the record, in this case I think the teacher did wrong - she abused a position of authority. Or maybe she didn't abuse the position, but she was certainly irresponsible in it. She should be punished. But 10 years? A massive fine? Calling it rape? Hell no. She should be fired, the student should be expelled. That would be a fair judgement in my eyes.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
mavs said:
That is not about consent, it's about the conduct of your teachers. The point isn't to protect 18-year olds, it's to enforce acceptable behavior of teachers.

Sounds like a school districts job to enforce with a firing and a ban from teaching in that area. I fail to see what police would have to do with that situation, but the laws a law.

Man, this is a silly argument.

The LAW is in place to dictate, by law, when someone can consent. They put in research and did studies and all that jazz and decided that at so-and-so age this person is mature enough mentally and emotionally to consent to having sex.

From a legal PoV thats IT, thats what consent in this case. Sure, some 20-30-40yo man can whip out his dick and some horned up 9-10-11-12-13-14yo boy or girl could jump all over that because they fully want to ... but thats not gonna fly in court because they can't legally consent to it.

JayDubya said:
No, they can't, else fixed.

But they literally just consented.

In simple terms if a parent asked "Hey you want pizza for dinner?" to a 12 year old and the 12 year old said "Yeah." that's a consent.

Suairyu

Banned
Black-Wind said:
Man, this is a silly argument.

The LAW is in place to dictate, by law, when someone can consent. They put in research and did studies and all that jazz and decided that at so-and-so age this person is mature enough mentally and emotionally to consent to having sex.
Bullshit did they. It's a relic of the 'sex=dirty, perverse practice only married adults can partake in' mentality that has been carried over for far too long.

Biologically, most people are reading (and willing, thanks to their impulses) to go by the age of 12. A lot even sooner. Psychologically, everyone is vastly different, but if they aren't capable of saying 'yes' or 'no' by the age of 16 I don't see what two extra years are going to do.

Age of consent laws are primarily there to prevent adults coercing the underaged into engaging in practices they might not be ready for for, not to dictate when someone is able to have sex.

EDIT - Actually I think I'm just going to leave this now. I come from a society which has - in my mind - a much healthier and modern outlook on sex than the American one, both socially and in regards to how the laws are applied. In general, Europe is like that. Hell, compared to other European countries, the UK is still far behind.

This is personal experience and it naturally clouds my ability to be objective in any of this discussion. I've said my views on the matter and I'll leave it at that.

JayDubya

Banned
UltimaPooh said:

In simple terms if a parent asked "Hey you want pizza for dinner?" to a 12 year old and the 12 year old said "Yeah." that's a consent.

No one is disputing that a 12 year old may consent to pizza for dinner.

Just that he or she can then consent for post-pizza coitus...

Suairyu said:
Bullshit did they. It's a relic of the 'sex=dirty, perverse practice only married adults can partake in' mentality that has been carried over for far too long.

Biologically, most people are reading (and willing, thanks to their impulses) to go by the age of 12. A lot even sooner. Psychologically, everyone is vastly different, but if they aren't capable of saying 'yes' or 'no' by the age of 16 I don't see what two extra years are going to do.

Age of consent laws are primarily there to prevent adults coercing the underaged into engaging in practices they might not be ready for for, not to dictate when someone is able to have sex.
Sure, it may have started out that way. Hell, it likely did ... but thats probably a move made out of common sense after observing how people grow at the time.

The studies and research I'm referring to isn't from back then, its from recent years. ( Sorry if you thought I was saying they did this w/e they made the laws. Fucking blizzard missing with my head, IDK why I typed that that way o_O )

The body of a 9-12-15yo may be ready to have sex but the mind is not in a state that is capable of making the type of long term decisions of an adult nor is it able to understand romantic relationships or control impulses as well as the adult brain. Its still developing and growing, just like their bodies. Thats why teens do so many stupid things, they don't have the foresight to understand the lasting results of their actions and they lack the full ability to control their hormone fueled impulses.

Not saying that they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions, just that they sure as hell arnt working with the same deck of cards as adults. Thats why we don't charge them as adults for certain crimes.

But this is getting off topic. :/

Like I said "The LAW is in place to dictate, by law, when someone can consent". Its just that simple. Just because a 40yo can ask a 9yo if they wanna fuck and the 9yo says yes does NOT mean, by law, that 9yo consented.

Suairyu said:
EDIT - Actually I think I'm just going to leave this now. I come from a society which has - in my mind - a much healthier and modern outlook on sex than the American one, both socially and in regards to how the laws are applied. In general, Europe is like that. Hell, compared to other European countries, the UK is still far behind.

This is personal experience and it naturally clouds my ability to be objective in any of this discussion. I've said my views on the matter and I'll leave it at that.
Is this some kind of cop-out?
Your land has it's own age of consent of 16 I believe ... so I assume they follow these laws in some ways.

You should respect the fact that other places that don't have such low ages of consent instead of questioning it. If some adult where you lived fucked a 12 yo would, how would it turn out? Would they factor in that the 12yo consented? How would that work?
(I actually do want to know seeing as you're taking this stance and I have not the slightest clue how sex laws work there)

UltimaPooh said:

You really don't understand consent. The law puts consent on different terms when relating to much more consequential things; like "eating a pizza" as opposed to "having sex".

That's why a child doesn't need their parents consent when doing certain inconsequential acts. The more consequence (or chance to go awry or socially and morally wrong) an act can carry, the less lenient the government is on the word consent. Just because a kid says yes, doesn't mean it's consent. You can easily manipulate kids, and once again, they do not fully grasp the enormity that certain actions may produce.

Kids are dumb. They see stuff on TV so they want it no matter what it is. (just like pizza fortunately for them pizza is....well its not going to kill them immediately)

Dorrin

hsin said:
020111t3b.jpg

Looks like hubby still forgives her.

Husband holding her hand.. wow. So not only does she cheat on you and besides that with a kid but she also can't even help take care of the kids assuming she is now fired as she can't see them. Nice. If I was that guy I'd have myself a nice attorney and working to get her out of my life.

Also would.

Concept17

Dorrin said:
Husband holding her hand.. wow. So not only does she cheat on you and besides that with a kid but she also can't even help take care of the kids assuming she is now fired as she can't see them. Nice. If I was that guy I'd have myself a nice attorney and working to get her out of my life.

Also would.

UNLESS HES ALSO SLEEPING WITH CHILDREN

!

Dan Yo

Banned
Black-Wind said:
Sure, it may have started out that way. Hell, it likely did ... but thats probably a move made out of common sense after observing how people grow at the time.

The studies and research I'm referring to isn't from back then, its from recent years. ( Sorry if you thought I was saying they did this w/e they made the laws. Fucking blizzard missing with my head, IDK why I typed that that way o_O )

The body of a 9-12-15yo may be ready to have sex but the mind is not in a state that is capable of making the type of long term decisions of an adult nor is it able to understand romantic relationships or control impulses as well as the adult brain. Its still developing and growing, just like their bodies. Thats why teens do so many stupid things, they don't have the foresight to understand the lasting results of their actions and they lack the full ability to control their hormone fueled impulses.

Not saying that they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions, just that they sure as hell arnt working with the same deck of cards as adults. Thats why we don't charge them as adults for certain crimes.

But this is getting off topic. :/

Like I said "The LAW is in place to dictate, by law, when someone can consent". Its just that simple. Just because a 40yo can ask a 9yo if they wanna fuck and the 9yo says yes does NOT mean, by law, that 9yo consented.

Is this some kind of cop-out?
Your land has it's own age of consent of 16 I believe ... so I assume they follow these laws in some ways.

You should respect the fact that other places that don't have such low ages of consent instead of questioning it. If some adult where you lived fucked a 12 yo would, how would it turn out? Would they factor in that the 12yo consented? How would that work?
(I actually do want to know seeing as you're taking this stance and I have not the slightest clue how sex laws work there)
I don't think his point is just that our age of consent is too high, but also that the consequences for sex with a 16 year old are much too harsh. Sex with a post-pubescent person should come with some consequences, but 10 years in state prison with murderers, rapists, and gang members is a little ridiculous. Especially in cases where the older one was duped as to the true age of their sex partner. Sex with a prepubescent child however, is pedophilia, and should be punished accordingly.

It's no wonder our prisons are so over crowded, violent, and people that go in as relatively good people (like people in for statutory rape or smoking pot) come out much worse than when they went in. Putting the public directly in danger. That's the exact opposite of rehabilitation and is the main problem with our prison system.

Dorrin said:
As hurt as the husband probably is, perhaps he doesn't want to see his wife rot in jail for 10 years, even if he does divorce her. Being by her side in the courtroom is a positive influence on a judge or jury.

isny

napkin dispenser
supermackem said:
16 over here is legal, they would be high fives all round for the lad over here. Seems harsh, what the legal age in the usa?.

It varies by state.

I think it's 16 in Canada as well. (Which is probably where you're from, lol)

Kapura

Banned
Yeah, it's "technically" illegal in colorado. But this shit never happened to me when I was in CO in secondary school. Fuckin' loveland...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom