• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Higher nasal expression of TMPRSS2 may contribute to the higher burden of #COVID19 among Black individuals

ExpandKong

Barlog's Bestie
Jan 9, 2018

Why go with the scientific, biology-based explanation when you can go with the pseudoreligious one?

GOD I can hear his whiny fucking voice as I read that tweet. “Excuse me, but actually you forgot to mention racism. Here’s a link where you can educate yourself.”

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
Black people also have higher rates of obesity and diabetes which explains covid mortality rate differences, but that is racist to point out. Must be because white doctors don't try as hard to save black patients...

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Could this explain why black women have smellier farts? due to their gigantic booties?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
They should look into if more cushion is for the pushing, why white men can't jump, and if its true if you go black you don't go back.

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
so in layman's terms. It's cause Black people have big noses or something?
lol, no.

Black people have higher amounts of a particular cell surface protein in nasal epithelial tissue. This protein helps covid take hold and spread...think covid fertiliser.

So virus replicates faster and has higher peak viral load #s before natural immunity can fully engage, which means more dead. Sad.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Jan 24, 2015
lol, no.

Black people have higher amounts of a particular cell surface protein in nasal epithelial tissue. This protein helps covid take hold and spread...think covid fertiliser.

So virus replicates faster and has higher peak viral load #s before natural immunity can fully engage, which means more dead. Sad.

Well, damn that's even worse than I thought. Good luck black people.

Reactions: joe_zazen
Mar 18, 2018
lol, no.

Totally not a designer disease. Nope.