Hilariously incompetent attempts at sex appeal (Probably NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2005
Ivy's tits keep getting bigger.

and Soul Calibur breasts in general.
The boobs got bigger as the artwork moved from realistic to anime. Same with the character eyes and other features.

I think the boobs got downgraded a bit in soul calibur 5. Hopefully the next game takes on a realistic art style again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oct 10, 2006
Tera's MANservice was also pretty gratuitous, so at least they're equal opportunity panderers.

Oct 13, 2009
Seattle
And no, that isn't my logic, and you thinking that clearly shows you haven't been reading my posts with any intention to understand what they actually meant. I get it, it's much easier to jump on the bandwagon and hurr durr your way through threads instead of engaging in discussion that would actually require you to use some reading comprehension.
Dude, are you being willfully dense? Again, the increased graphical fidelity from the improved graphics engine due to being at the end of the generation does not explain why her god damn bust increased 3 cup sizes from Halo 3. Does Master Chiefs crotch double in size between the two games? This has nothing to do with improvements to the graphics engine. Jesus.

May 10, 2013
Oddly, Disgaea seems to have a character (class, but still counts) that's going backwards in terms of appeal. The humanoid monster, Succubus puts on more clothing each game, rather than removing.

1-2 design (These are the most work-safe pictures I could find. Her whole design in general is NSFW.):
Small Pic said:
3 design:
Medium sized pic said:
4 and beyond design:
Huge pic said:
You almost could say it's one of the few game series that is trying to clean up it's pervy image, but...

Pics of indeterminate size said:
It's still got a long way to go.

Feb 20, 2013
This isn't directed at you, but I wonder if the same people who guffaw at Cortana's look in Halo 4 have ever seen a grown woman in a wetsuit. Like this for example.
Well wetsuits generally don't curve around the underside of breasts and into bellybuttons. The H2 Cortana is the one who looks like she's wearing a wet suit, the H4 one is like a painted nude model.

Even that being said I actually agree with you, yes she's a little bigger but her proportions look natural and human unlike everything else in this thread. There's nothing overtly sexual about it just going by pictures, looks pretty tasteful to me imo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oct 10, 2006
I don't follow how this is a meaningful answer to questions/concerns about Cortana's appearance.
Clearly, he's hinting at Cortana's vanity streak. The appearance she chose is supposed to clue us in on the fact that Cortana can be pretty shallow when it comes to looks, so she's not the perfect enlightened AI her dialogue leads us to believe she is. It's actually more of a character flaw than fanservice.

lol

Feb 16, 2014
Isle of Man
Oddly, Disgaea seems to have a character (class, but still counts) that's going backwards in terms of appeal. The humanoid monster, Succubus puts on more clothing each game, rather than removing.

1-2 design (These are the most work-safe pictures I could find. Her whole design in general is NSFW.):

3 design:

4 and beyond design:

You almost could say it's one of the few game series that is trying to clean up it's pervy image, but...

It's still got a long way to go.
I feel like I need to bleach my brain. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2013
I don't follow how this is a meaningful answer to questions/concerns about Cortana's appearance.
It was supposed to support the belief Cortana picked her own appearance, i.e. being naked or appearing so. I accept I may not have been clear as to what that meant. It's a bit of a contradiction since the books say she's naked, but assuming Frank's quote is accurate, I'm not going to question him.

I stand by the belief that she isn't a fanservice prop and that she looks like a fully grown woman. The lack detail makes her look like she's wearing a wetsuit. This combined with the fact we don't see her in the game as much as we hear her, in my opinion, supports that belief.

Jun 7, 2004
Clearly, he's hinting at Cortana's vanity streak. The appearance she chose is supposed to clue us in on the fact that Cortana can be pretty shallow when it comes to looks, so she's not the perfect enlightened AI her dialogue leads us led to believe she is. It's actually more of a character flaw than fanservice.

lol
I've been unfair to the Halo lore in terms of disregarding its depth. Thanks for clearing that up, Haly!

Aug 3, 2008
You either don't get it or are being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Halo 3 was at the start of the generation. Halo 4 came at the end with a much improved engine and is a game that looks much better. The image I posted illustrates how Cortana had the same design with a lot less details. It being from the anniversary edition doesn't change anything.

And no, that isn't my logic, and you thinking that clearly shows you haven't been reading my posts with any intention to understand what they actually meant. I get it, it's much easier to jump on the bandwagon and hurr durr your way through threads instead of engaging in discussion that would actually require you to use some reading comprehension.
Hahahaaa, okay, let's take a look back.

Piano posted:

Her breasts get larger every game. I wouldn't define her body shape as that of a normal grown woman.
To which your response was:

It's almost as if graphics hardware and technologies improved over time and allowed for greater levels detail and realism.
And then you whipped up some hastily put together reasoning of "Well, she's a smart AI so she doesn't have clothes"

Cortana is a unique "smart AI" who isn't like the others that are designed with clothes on
Which, btw, I'm reasonably sure is never mentioned in any of the books or canon.

So yes, your argument in this thread has literally been that the reasoning behind Cortana's character model having larger breasts in Halo 4 is purely a result of graphics tech improvement. Your argument is Cortana's breasts would have been bigger in previous games but the hardware couldn't handle rendering them. And that's hilarious.

Mar 23, 2007
Cortana's supposed to be modeled after the Egyptian queen, Nefertiti.

Needless to say, Halo 4 Cortana doesn't look anything like an Egyptian queen.
No, she isn't. Cortana is basically a clone of Halsey and this makes her different from other AI. she chose to look like a young Halsey to mock Halsey. Halsey is intelligent and vain and uses these words to describe herself. There is a point in the first book where Cortana shows up and Halsey admits to being a little angry and jealous because her beauty and physical prime are lost to her.

If you look at H2 and H3 Cortana and look at Miranda Keyes (Dr Halsey's daughter) you can see that her and Cortana look a like.

snoopers

I am multitalented
May 12, 2005
Paris, France
Bayonetta's sexy factor is pretty obviously over the top and more about female empowerment than pandering to a male audience if you think about it for more than two seconds.
Are you serious ? Do we need to post that gif again ? I can't imagine for a second that a girl or a woman would look at that thing and feel "empowered".

Just because Bayo is a strong character doesn't mean that her design hasn't been ridiculously oversexualized by her male developers, in order to cater to a primarily male audience. "If you think about it for more than two seconds".

Feb 16, 2014
Isle of Man
It was supposed to support the belief Cortana picked her own appearance, i.e. being naked or appearing so. I accept I may not have been clear as to what that meant. It's a bit of a contradiction since the books say she's naked, but assuming Frank's quote is accurate, I'm not going to question him.
You say that like Cortana is real and the devs couldn't have possibly picked another appearance for her.

Jun 7, 2004
Um... ok. In order to have a meaningful dialog, I think we need to be on the same page in regards to some fundamental assumptions. For instance, it's understood that Halo is a work of fiction, right? You understand that Cortana isn't an actual AI that exists that chose her appearance. Writers and artists make those decisions.

I didn't need to waste time explaining that, right?

Oct 6, 2010
No, she isn't. Cortana is basically a clone of Halsey and this makes her different from other AI. she chose to look like a young Halsey to mock Halsey. Halsey is intelligent and vain and uses these words to describe herself. There is a point in the first book where Cortana shows up and Halsey admits to being a little angry and jealous because her beauty and physical prime are lost to her.
According to Wikipedia (lol, I know), her appearance in Halo: CE was designed after her.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jun 8, 2004
Regarding Cortana, I found an article in which Frank (stinkles) said this.

Source
O’Connor told me, “She is, in fact, wearing clothes. She’s effectively wearing a skin-tight leotard. [Cortana is] a hologram. The AIs in our universe pick their appearance…for their reasons. There’s another AI who looks like a wizard.

“Also,” he said, “it’s a videogame.”
[Cortana is] a hologram. The AIs in our universe pick their appearance…for their reasons.
for their reasons
for [...] reasons
“Also,” he said, “it’s a videogame.”
Something tells me there's no good reason beyond pure sex appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.