• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary: Trump embraces the alt-right, a fringe racist element. Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not

Banned
Kasie Hunt Verified account
‏@kasie

This is how alt-right American Renaissance defines the alt-right, from their statement in response to Clinton speech

Cqut3rVUIAAIOm6.jpg

Hoooooooo leeee fuck.

I guess things had to get worse before they got better. Damn. Strap in, everyone. Here we go again.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I would pay to see a study on the average intelligence of alt-right people compared to the rest of the race they are.

Erevador

People here seem to be confusing a lot of things that aren't actually the same.

Including:

-Neo-Nazis and far-right racist conspiracy theorists. Entirely wicked. Few actual followers.
-Internet anti-PC sentiment. Extremely widespread. Probably includes most young American males, and many globally. Come from right, left, and center.
-4-Chan memers and pot-stirrers who spread chaos for its own sake. No actual ideology. Usually 12, and prone to horrific acts of mild internet terrorism (hackings and harrassment).
-Traditional conservatism, including critical attitudes towards liberal solutions to racial and economic problems. National Review, Thomas Sowell types. Tend to be anti-Trump.
-Rightwing opportunist provocateurs who'll say anything for attention. Anne Coulter, Milo Yiannopoulos. This is the category Trump himself probably best belongs too. Ideology is fuzzy, but loud, populist, and protectionist. Almost always completely fact-free.

pigeon

Banned

Including:

-Neo-Nazis and far-right racist conspiracy theorists. Entirely wicked. Few actual followers.
-Internet anti-PC sentiment. Extremely widespread. Probably includes most young American males, and many globally. Come from right, left, and center.
-4-Chan memers and pot-stirrers who spread chaos for its own sake. No actual ideology. Usually 12, and prone to horrific acts of mild internet terrorism (hackings and harrassment).
-Traditional conservatism, including critical attitudes towards liberal solutions to racial and economic problems. National Review, Thomas Sowell types. Tend to be anti-Trump.
-Rightwing opportunist provocateurs who'll say anything for attention. Anne Coulter, Milo Yiannopoulos. This is the category Trump himself probably best belongs too. Ideology is fuzzy, but loud, populist, and protectionist. Almost always completely fact-free.

Most of these things are actually the same. That's literally the point of the speech and of most of this discussion.

4chan "memers" are the alt-right because they are explicitly white supremacists now, and they're the drivers behind this "anti-PC sentiment," which is a reactionary backlash movement. They include people like Milo. They spread far-right racist conspiracy theories.

Here's the new pie:

- Alt-right white supremacists
- Traditional American conservatives who have always been okay leveraging white supremacists but didn't expect them to take over

That's it. Sorry, a lot of people you seem to want to claim aren't actually white supremacists are white supremacists. That's why they keep posting stuff about how great white supremacy is.

Including:

Pretty much all the same to me.

Well, if there's one thing anyone could have done to grow the "alt-right" it's Hillary Clinton talking about the "alt-right."

Then again up until a few months ago, I had never heard of the concept of the alt-right, and now it's everywhere. I suspect it's just become the new neoconservative.

Well, if there's one thing anyone could have done to grow the "alt-right" it's Hillary Clinton talking about the "alt-right."

Then again up until a few months ago, I had never heard of the concept of the alt-right, and now it's everywhere. I suspect it's just become the new neoconservative.

It has grown a lot in size, cohesion, and general influence/memeing since the start of the Trump campaign. Gamergate was its warm-up.

It has grown a lot in size, cohesion, and general influence/memeing since the start of the Trump campaign. Gamergate was its warm-up.

It feels like this mentality has been through more rebrands than KFC but in the end it's still grandpa's white supremacy from the 1930s.

Not

Banned

Well, this is good-- it might eventually suffer from oversaturation and a natural watering-down of some of its more radical, toxic values.

Nah I think having one of their own as the Republican nominee for President is what is growing the Alt-Right but yes let's blame Clinton for having the gumption to actually talk about these fuckers

Donald Trump is running as an alt-right candidate so, uhh, I think they've done pretty well to grow.

The stupid libertarian concept of "all press is good press, never talk about anything!" is going very poorly for Trump right now as he's getting stomped to death in the polls.

Neoconservative means that you want the U.S. to invade anti-American nations to overthrow their dictators and install pro-US governments. The term was used a lot because a lot of Republicans were neoconservatives from 2000 to 2010!

Red

In other news, Trump is nearly at 19% on 538's polls only. Been goin up steadily the past few days.

Including:

These are, for the most part, the same group.

Cyan

Banned
So Trump is tweeting a Breitbart article today. Way to prove her right you orange lackwit.

I mean his current campaign manager literally came on directly from running Breitbart, like a week ago. Linking articles is sort of irrelevant at this point.

Uh...what? Trump being a representative of the alt-right has done more to grow it than anything anyone has said. What does this sentiment even mean?

In other news, Trump is nearly at 19% on 538's polls only. Been goin up steadily the past few days.

I think it was given that Trump would rise a little the closer we got to the election, but it's not not much at the end of the day. I don't think it's anything to get overly concerned about as of now. He's chances are still pretty much slim to none. And you have to think, this all his numbers have risen in over a month's time.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Uh...what? Trump being a representative of the alt-right has done more to grow it than anything anyone has said. What does this sentiment even mean?

You should ignore troubling things until they go away. Identifying them and confronting them only makes them worse and it will be your fault.

Just stupid stuff about lifelong Democrats leaving the party to join Trump because they hate Hillary so much. Not even a day after he gets called out about his association with them and he's tweeting another of their stories.

Literally never heard of these "Trumpocrats" until I saw the article on Breitbart. They were probably invented for the purposes of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom