• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#HimToo: Katy Perry accused of sexual misconduct with co-star on "Teenage Dream"

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Let's see how fast she is dropped from her record deals, sponsors, etc over this accusation and if queen #metoo, Alyssa Milano, is ready to go to bat for this guy:

Actor-model Josh Kloss, who starred in Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” music video in 2010, has accused the singer of exposing him at a roller skating rink.

Writing on Instagram, Kloss described his interaction with Perry: “It was Johny Wujek’s birthday party at moonlight roller way. And when I saw her, we hugged and she was still my crush. But as I turned to introduce my friend, she pulled my Adidas sweats and underwear out as far as she could to show a couple of her guy friends and the crowd around us, my penis. Can you imagine how pathetic and embarrassed I felt?”
Kloss also detailed his working history with Perry, recounting another experience on set for a music video during which Perry allegedly called kissing him “gross.” Following the music video, Kloss claims that Perry’s representatives prevented him from speaking about his time with the singer.

“I just say this now because our culture is set on proving men of power are perverse,” Kloss wrote. “But females with power are just as disgusting.”

Kloss played Perry’s love interest in the video for the iconic hit song. Their scenes together involve driving in a convertible and partying on a beach.

Reps for Perry declined to comment.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Katy Perry from 9 years ago showed interest in his penis, and he's still really upset over it.

I don't buy that story for a second.

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011
Katy Perry from 9 years ago showed interest in his penis, and he's still really upset over it.

Some wrinkled old woman grabs your collar and kisses you, you going to want that?

Not every dude is attracted to Katy Perry. Fuck I know I ain't.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
As long as the men are adults, you're right. Why is that unfortunate?
I dunno, I don't think I'd want some lady who is signing my paycheck yanking my dick out randomly at work, pretending to be disgusted while kissing me and calling me gross. It doesn't matter if she's hot.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Some wrinkled old woman grabs your collar and kisses you, you going to want that?

Not every dude is attracted to Katy Perry. Fuck I know I ain't.
Well if they meant old wrinkly women that should have been better specified. I was referring to Katy Perry from 9 years ago types of women.

I dunno, I don't think I'd want some lady who is signing my paycheck yanking my dick out randomly at work, pretending to be disgusted while kissing me and calling me gross. It doesn't matter if she's hot.
I was joking around, but honestly I could think of far worse ways to make a living.

Last edited:

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011
Well if they meant old wrinkly women that should have been better specified. I was referring to Katy Perry from 9 years ago types of women.

I was joking around, but honestly I could think of far worse ways to make a living.
My point being, even 9 years ago, he didn't want her, ergo she should've kept her lips to her damn self.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
He is a more attractive man than Katy Perry is an attractive woman.

He also apparently only made $650 from starring in that music video.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
Without downplaying men who have distressing experiences with unwanted advances from women, I want to have it on record that Katy Perry is welcome to commit sexual misconduct on me without fear of being #himtoo'd.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Without downplaying men who have distressing experiences with unwanted advances from women, I want to have it on record that Katy Perry is welcome to commit sexual misconduct on me without fear of being #himtoo'd.
You only get current day Katy Perry. You can stand by her side on her descent toward the Lena Dunham physique.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Doesn’t read that way to me. Did you read to the end of the article? He said he’s speaking up because the culture is hellbent on demonstrating the perversity of men in power when women in power are just as bad.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
dont abuse people who work for you

people acting like "oh if that happened to me we would have sex" lol no that wouldn't happen. she humiliated this dude in front of his friends. that is the most you could hope for.

it is not ok for a boss to expose their employee in front of mutual friends and co workers. that's supremely fucked up.

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
How do you feel about men molesting adult women?
Nice low blow there. See a joke in a conversation about Katy Perry looking at a guys junk, and suggest the joker supports abusing women with a loaded question. You must be so fun to hang out with.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
I have a huge penis so I can’t understand his pain at all. And I can’t imagine going to a skating rink because I’m not 11.

But I will listen and believe

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

CeroFrio996

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2019
I truly think that sexual crimes perpetrated by women are massively under reported. For one because we think of these things in a certain way that makes it very clear that men are basically always up for it, and that (as long as she was hot) a guy can't have been raped because he must've enjoyed it. Unless of course he was gay.

I dont think this demishes the sex crimes perpetrated by men against women, but it would certainly paint it as a human behavioral problem instead of a sexism problem.

Reactions: TheExorzist and Zog

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Second accusation, by a female TV host in Georgia, claiming Katy touched her inappropriately and tried to kiss her:

Now, a female TV host in Georgia named Tina Kandelaki has accused Perry of harassing her at an industry party, according to Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta,

Kandelaki claims Perry was heavily intoxicated when she inappropriately touched her and tried to kiss her. Kandelaki says she rejected Perry’s alleged advances, but the pop singer continued to act inappropriately with other people attending the event.

She went on to say she decided to go public after hearing about Perry’s alleged mistreatment of Kloss.

There has been no official response to any of the accusations from Perry or her representatives at the time of writing.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Second accusation, by a female TV host in Georgia, claiming Katy touched her inappropriately and tried to kiss her:

Do me a favor. Go to google and do a simple search.

Katy perry CNN

Katy perry msnbc

Katy Perry Fox news

Katy perry BBC

Katy perry New York times

The results, interestingly enough, Except for fox news, dont even mention the perry assualt at all, at least for me anyway.

Then I typed in katy perry sexual assualt.

I got a ton of certain sites calling it "sexual misconduct"

Buzzfeed
Slate
Variety
Vice
Allure
Latimes(This one was interesting. "Katy perry fans skeptical of sexual assualt allegations" then the byline says "sexual misconduct".)

Now, had this claim been against Trump, or a known Trump supporting singer, do you think the wording would have been "sexual misconduct"? I dont believe it would have even been sexual harassment, but sexual assualt.

Katy perry has attacked Trump repeatedly so it would appear certain outlets are running interference for her.

I wonder why?

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Many men don't take sexual harrassment of men seriously as this very thread shows, so it's difficult to make any headway into addressing the topic when it does come up.
Frankly I will never consider a girl trying to kiss me sexual harassment. Girls I didn't want to kiss have tried to kiss me or kissed me out of the blue and I just tell them sorry but no. This should be a normal human social interaction and people should know how to handle it not get "protected" from it. But now we have rarefied human interaction and see harassment and abuse everywhere, that only creates a paranoid society full of unnecessary victimhood and scared at even the most basic things. I think that will end up imploding sometime. So I think this new excessive paranoia deserves some mockery both when males and females are concerned. There are many people there who experience real sexual abuse for us to be crying wolf for a misplaced kiss or an awkward proposal.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Frankly I will never consider a girl trying to kiss me sexual harassment. Girls I didn't want to kiss have tried to kiss me or kissed me out of the blue and I just tell them sorry but no. This should be a normal human social interaction and people should know how to handle it not get "protected" from it. But now we have rarefied human interaction and see harassment and abuse everywhere, that only creates a paranoid society full of unnecessary victimhood and scared at even the most basic things. I think that will end up imploding sometime. So I think this new excessive paranoia deserves some mockery both when males and females are concerned. There are many people there who experience real sexual abuse for us to be crying wolf for a misplaced kiss or an awkward proposal.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Time to lawyer up and send dem hoes to court over a kiss. She slaps you in an argument? Shoryuken uppercut. True equality.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
If you want bad policies/laws to change, apply them equally.