• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hint about a possible Resident Evil 2 remake demo

Persona7

Banned
There is a loading screen with seemingly random numbers in the Resident Evil 7 demo. One string specifically matches the product ID of the PS1 release of the director's cut that also included a demo for Resident Evil 2.

IheGCMd.png

PKHtuGY.png

Or it's just ... a throw back to the original Resident Evil? Interesting that it's a US release.

But why use the product code for the version of RE1 that came with the RE2 demo? There's a version of the Director's Cut that's just the standalone game, but they use the product code for the version that comes with the demo.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yup, was posting it around, was thinking of making a topic but since it's uncertain, yai.

The hint could either mean that RE7 itself will include a demo of REmake 2, or there's something hidden in the RE7 demo that has something to do with REmake 2 (since it's about Kitchen, which is related to RE7's demo more than RE7 itself, and which might explain why they made getting the true ending really difficult). It's to be seen, but there is no way that's a coincidence.

Plus very specific that it mentions US before it, and the KITCHEN title in the trailer fades out to form the number '1' immediately after this, as in clues to point towards this, as this specific SLUS code was for the Resident Evil Director's Cut disc and the Resident Evil 2 demo disc. It's very specific.

But why use the product code for the version of RE1 that came with the RE2 demo? There's a version of the Director's Cut that's just the standalone game, but they use the product code for the version that comes with the demo.

Couldn't it just be a coincidence? Isn't it the first version of the Director's Cut that was released?

Anyways, I hope we see something of RE2 soon. I'm worried about whether or not it will resemble the original game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Couldn't it just be a coincidence? Isn't it the first version of the Director's Cut that was released?

Anyways, I hope we see something of RE2 soon. I'm worried about whether or not it will resemble the original game.

The SLUS code for Director's Cut is actually 00551 no matter what version of Director's Cut it is. The added 9009 is because that was the SLUS code for the Resident Evil 2 demo disk, which was seperate.

Thus 00551 is the SLUS code for Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and 9009 is the SLUS code for the Resident Evil 2 demo. They're two separate codes for two separate discs, who only come together since the Resident Evil 2 demo was packed with early copies of Resident Evil: Director's Cut, thus when you bought that version of Director's Cut, both SLUS codes were listed because it included both disks with those SLUS codes as a tie-in package.

Why they would list US-00551/9009 would be to directly tie into the Resident Evil: Director's Cut Edition (W/Resident Evil 2 Demo), which in the context of RE7 coming out soon and REmake 2 being in the works, is more than a little conspicuous, especially to hide in the Demo AND Trailer.

But don't you think that's one hell of a coincidence? They could've just used the product code for the original, which was 00170. But they instead specifically chose the code for the version of RE:DC that came with the demo. It would especially be a strange thing to do given that RE7's demo and trailer seem to be made for you to find all these little clues.

Ydelnae

I think it's a hint towards RE7 including a REmake 2 demo. They are treating RE7 as some sort of a reboot in the same continuity (the fact that it's subtitled Biohazard overseas and RE in Japan), so i think RE7 could equal to "a new" RE1 in this hint.

The SLUS code for Director's Cut is actually 00551 no matter what version of Director's Cut it is. The added 9009 is because that was the SLUS code for the Resident Evil 2 demo disk, which was seperate.

Thus 00551 is the SLUS code for Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and 9009 is the SLUS code for the Resident Evil 2 demo. They're two separate codes for two separate discs, who only come together since the Resident Evil 2 demo was packed with early copies of Resident Evil: Director's Cut, thus when you bought that version of Director's Cut, both SLUS codes were listed because it included both disks with those SLUS codes as a tie-in package.

Why they would list US-00551/9009 would be to directly tie into the Resident Evil: Director's Cut Edition (W/Resident Evil 2 Demo), which in the context of RE7 coming out soon and REmake 2 being in the works, is more than a little conspicuous, especially to hide in the trailer

Alright, this is a fair argument. Interesting.

Should this be taken to mean that there could be an RE2 demo paired with RE7?

News Bot

Banned
Alright, this is a fair argument. Interesting.

Should this be taken to mean that there could be an RE2 demo paired with RE7?

I mean, it makes sense. The remake won't be ready for a good while yet since its development only started less than a year ago. CAPCOM probably also see it as maximizing 7's profitability due to concerns about the new gameplay putting people off, perhaps?

takoyaki

Now that's a really cool way of teasing a RE2 demo coming with RE7 if true. It would be a nice throwback to PS1 days.

Kinsei

Banned
This would be awesome.

I love how specific that hint is and how fans still managed to pick up on it.

This is like a giant neon sign compared to some of the stuff in the demo. I'm honestly surprised it took this long for someone to make the connection.

It's been nearly a year since the project got announced. I could see it happening but I doubt Capcom would want to split the attention between the remake and RE7.

but I doubt Capcom would want to split the attention between the remake and RE7.

Um, did you forget when Capcom had; Operation Raccoon City, Revelations 1, Resident Evil 6, and Damnation All in 2012?

REmaster released like a month before Revelations 2: Episode 1.

Hell they just announced RE7 a week before Umbrella Corps releases.
When Capcom does stuff they do it in big bursts.

sakipon

I love how specific that hint is and how fans still managed to pick up on it.

Meh. You just have to type the numbers to Google and voilà, the results are there for everyone to see. Secrets and hints were a lot more hardcore before Internet came around.

carlsojo

If there's a RE2Remake demo coming, I'm going to grind that shit up into a fine powder, mix with normal saline solution, and run that shit into my fucking veins.

Zaverious

Um, did you forget when Capcom had; Operation Raccoon City, Revelations 1, Resident Evil 6, and Damnation All in 2012?

REmaster released like a month before Revelations 2: Episode 1.

Hell they just announced RE7 a week before Umbrella Corps releases.
When Capcom does stuff they do it in big bursts.

Resident Evil: Retribution and Chronicles HD Collection came out that year too. They had a lot of Resident Evil.

If there's a RE2Remake demo coming, I'm going to grind that shit up into a fine powder, mix with normal saline solution, and run that shit into my fucking veins.

I think it would be brilliant if they do it. It might even get more people on the fence who generally prefer third-person games (like I usually do) to pick it up since they'll get something hopefully great third-person to mess with while trying out the new first-person Resident Evil.

JP

I wonder if there's a PS1 hidden in the house that lets you play an RE2 demo until you finish it and see your reflection in the screen, with the surprise being that you're actually Nathan Drake?

Nope, there isn't a PS1 hidden in the house that lets you play an RE2 demo until you finish it and see your reflection in the screen, with the surprise being that you're actually Nathan Drake?

Persona7

Banned
New demo mentions the Resident Evil 3 version with the Dino Crisis Demo. What are they trying to tell us?

SLUS-00923D/90066 11/11/99

Piers

New demo mentions the Resident Evil 3 version with the Dino Crisis Demo. What are they trying to tell us?

SLUS-00923D/90066 11/11/99

That someone is just slapping those in there without realising that people are looking into it seriously.

Persona7

Banned
That someone is just slapping those in there without realising that people are looking into it seriously.

Do you think it is likely that out of all the capcom or resident evil product numbers they chose the two that specifically contain a packed in demo?

Elios83

I don't think that RE2 remake is ready for a demo to be included in RE7 (maybe a teaser video as an extra if you beat the game with certain requirements?) but it would be really cool nevertheless.

Top Bottom