• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hint at Sony Bend's PS4 Game

JordanN

Banned
Twisted Metal?

Believe.

1WwmIEd.jpg

jayu26

Oh for fuck's sake. Some of people were complaining about Zombies in Last of Us before seeing its gameplay. Setting is one thing, how they utilize it effectively is another.

Tratorn

What an awful, generic name for a game. And I hoped for a horror game but that seems more like survival.

Well, I'll wait and see.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh for fuck's sake. Some of people were complaining about Zombies in Last of Us before seeing its gameplay. Setting is one thing, how they utilize it effectively is another.

Yeah.

The negative reaction posts with ZERO information are always a treasure, lol.

What is so wrong with the name, where people are calling it, 'generic', 'indie', etc.?

Seems no different than most game names. 'The Last of Us', 'Call of Duty', 'Quantum Break', 'Final Fantasy', 'Tomb Raider'...

Weird complaint.

If they're making an open-world game in a post-apocalyptic setting then I think my eyes are going to roll out of my head. That's my fucking kryptonite right there. It's about as safe as you can get in the current AAA market.

'The Dead Don't Ride' sounds better I think.

I'm intriqued with the 'apocalypse is good fun' line. I hope it's a fun and cool tone ala Mad Max and not the bleak and depressing tone of typical horror game

I-hate-u

So we are almost guaranteed to have a showing from Bend and SSM at E3, because I am certain these teases are controlled .

Now, where are the Sucker Punch teases at?

Elandyll

Banned
Was the supposed concept art leak from mid 2014 proven false? Just saw that and found it alongside the "Thuway info" (where he says it won't be Zombies"), knowing that anything Thuway comes with a mine of salt.

If real, those had a very Gigger feel it seemed, and I'm not sure how it would fit with the title DDR and Bikes...

Same thing happened with Bloodborne and its "Guns" people love to knee jerk so much.

Boke1879

Name leaves much to be desired, but I'm also excited for a game called. Detroit: Become Human. So all we have need is to just see the game.

Was the supposed concept art leak from mid 2014 proven false? Just saw that and found it alongside the "Thuway info" (where he says it won't be Zombies"), knowing that anything Thuway comes with a mine of salt.

If real, those had a very Gigger feel it seemed, and I'm not sure how it would fit with the title DDR and Bikes...
I think I know what you mean. Its called scorn or something. Its totally unrelated from another indie studio.

"Open world" and "Zombies" does nothing for me because it's been done so many times, but I'm nonetheless curious.

Sounds like the game isn't too serious either, if that's its name.

Just put together this story to further the original rumours:

Also, seems our very own Sal Romano knows a thing or two about it, maybe...

I want to see Agent. After The Last Guardian in 2015, who's to say the dead don't ride at E3? Also, I want to see Crash Bandicoot and God of War 4. And NX. And a big Japanese games presence like last year's E3.

?

Elandyll

Banned
I think I know what you mean. Its called scorn or something. Its totally unrelated from another indie studio.
Ah yes, I know the art seemed familiar. Some websites passed it as concept art for the next Bend project back then it seems.

Now I need to go check updates on Scorn (hopefully not dead).

Harmen

Not digging the name. Concept could be very cool if done right. But I wonder how it will fare in a world with plenty of open world titles from a dev mostly known for streamlined/linear experiences.

If they're making an open-world game in a post-apocalyptic setting then I think my eyes are going to roll out of my head. That's my fucking kryptonite right there. It's about as safe as you can get in the current AAA market.

Yeah, that's a good word for it.

The zombies part doesn't bother me as much as open world zombies.

If the game is very vehicle focused, like some kind of Twisted Metal or Mad Max game, that would be an interesting twist.

Top Bottom