• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hironobu Sakaguchi Has A New Title To Announce In 2017

FelipeMGM

From an interview with 4Gamer, translated by Siliconera

Sakaguchi didn’t have much to say during his year-end talk session with 4Gamer, but he did say “I plan to announce a new title in 2017. Stay tuned!”

I dont think this is at all shocking since he said in the past that he was working on something new and Mistwalker has a project with Silicon in the works, but still

EDIT: Yeah, this is the one comment I was referring when he said he had a new project

Sakaguchi said he's working on a console game and said that he would probably reveal it in a year. This was in January.
https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/27/new-mistwalker-game-consoles-hironobu-sakaguchi/

Actually that was a misreporting:

Hi there. So as stated I'm the guy who was at the talk/Q&A. Just to clarify a few things:

- The art is courtesy of Fujisaka. Part of the reason Sakaguchi wants the game's art to have that sort of sketch 3D look is because of how much of a fan he is of Fujisaka's artwork.
- He didn't state definitively if it was going to be console or mobile. However, an answer to a question seemed to indicate that it was very much a possibility. Unfortunately, I personally don't have a recording of the question (or any). Given that the game will have a 3D art style, that does at least push it a bit more towards the console side (at least in my eyes). Thankfully, my school did record the talk. Hopefully that will be uploaded somewhere soon. In which case, I'll make sure to post a link.
- Beyond that, there was very little actual discussion of the game in question. More than anything it was a question and answer session.

I shot a video of him discussing the artwork (as well as some artwork for some upcoming Terra Battle stuff). In that video you can see an early prototype of what they're trying to go for in the game's look. It's uploading as we speak. It's about 9 minutes long, and the stuff specifically relevant to the new game are in the back half of the video. I'll post a link to that once it finishes uploading.

I'm guessing Microsoft scooped that one up.
Their recent Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon thing seems to indicate that, I think

Caim

Wasn't there supposed to be a console version of Terra Battle and that it wasn't supposed to be like the mobile game?

dramatis

Mobile title that will have Platinum Games and Matsuno on it, because Platinum is developing everything and Matsuno needs another project to not finish

I hope it's in some way a collaboration with S-E. It seems like the two parties have done a lot in the past year to mend the wounds.

You know.... like getting the whole team back together for CT3!?!? While everyone is still healthy and with us!

MacTag

Banned
Yes, I'd still love for a publisher to swoop in and revive Cry-On. Failing that I'd also love Blue Dragon II or a The Last Story remaster. Or even that Terra Battle MMORPG.

memoso

Mmm Sakaguchi + "Microsoft 2017 is Xbox’s 15th anniversary in the Japanese market. Please look foward to this year as well."(according to famitsu) = ......Cry on , LO2 ; BD2 (?)

Phil Fish

Banned
L O S T
O D Y S S E Y

Ce2z1bfW8AAkZdu.jpg

Top Bottom