• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hironobu Sakaguchi is playing FF 6 on snes classic right now

entremet

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. Loving this 16bit nostalgia due to the SNES/SFC classic. I understand them faintly. Japanese is very rusty though.

What was his role in Chrono Trigger? Did he have a role in that game even?

I feel like I should know given that it's one of my favourite games ever but I have little nostalgia/appreciation for most of the other Squaresoft classics so I'm not as familiar with these peoples' works as I should be.

I'm doing the same as him currently with regards to FF 6 on the SNES Classic though :)

What a strange place in history we live in. Original creator able to be viewed playing live over the internet on a tiny toy console that sold out instantly weeks ago.

What year is it?

Is that Kazuko Shibuya in the middle?

WHY4S9V.jpg

Fou-Lu

I feel like I should know given that it's one of my favourite games ever but I have little nostalgia/appreciation for most of the other Squaresoft classics so I'm not as familiar with these peoples' works as I should be.

I'm doing the same as him currently with regards to FF 6 on the SNES Classic though :)

Lead designer.

Izuna

Banned

Yep, his love child actually.

He was Supervisor. You can read a bit about his role in Chrono Trigger in this thread.

KLoWn

Lol I just noticed that the Snes Classic Mini has an animated background in the main menu, and the Switch still just has static black and white.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

Iolo

Hmm, it sure looks like it.
If somebody can confirm I'll add it to the OP, she certainly deserves acknowledgement too!

Yes it says it in the description

ゲスト:渋谷員子さん

I'd like a CT where they have tons more animation frames given to 2D characters, detailed 2D environments out the wazoo and a huge world to explore. Basically an ultra-facelift to CT. It shouldn't be illegal to make CT2 like this...

Just give my my nostalgiaaaaaa

Top Bottom